December 19, 2014 | 1414 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Sheer Temptation - Desire

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A great color on me always, though even better now that I dyed my hair reddish on top of my natural dark brown. The only problem is that it went bad after several years of the "nude" lip being in style, and lost its watermelon scent. Nothing lasts forever. I may buy a new tube anyway. It is sheer in terms of coverage, so I also have to think about if that works for me, because I do not love to get color on my teeth, or reapply several times over the day. So minus one lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2004 7:43:00 AM More reviews by onutza13

It is a nice colour, and it smells nice, like fruit :). it doesn't last long on my lips :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by pixieelfmysti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like the product, pretty color, yummy smell, I didn't know it was sheer, as stupid as that may sound. I didn't try it in the store, so I had no clue it wasn't a solid color... I use a darker lipliner underneath it and it works great. If you're looking for a wash, this would be perfect for you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by ZoeMc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My absolute favorite lipstick. Desire is a sheer red with a subtle elegant shimmer. I have very pale skin and this color really makes an impact, my green eyes really pop, yet I don't feel like I'm all lips. This is a red for people who don't like red. I won't ever be without this lipstick in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2003 9:54:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i received this as an extra in a swap from a really sweet MUAer :) it's a gorgeous ruby with subtle microglimmer - very flattering with my MMM skintone. i love the watermelon scent, and the fact that this isn't heavy like the average lipstick -- imo it's more like a thick gloss, it gives a nice, clean looking wash of color. this is the first time i have tried rimmel's lipsticks, and if i see a shade i think is pretty i wouldn't hesitate to purchase it :) very nice :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2003 12:27:00 AM More reviews by satsuma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This goes on a darkish sheer red on me & is very flattering for me (no blue tones in the color); I wear this to look like I've made a bit of an effort & not just rolled out of bed! The smell is a bit distracting at first (I think it smells kind of watermelonish), so avoid this product if you don't like or are sensitive to scents. Finding red tones that suit me is tough, so I will definately repurchase (plus I think the case is kind of cool) & Rimmel's prices are unbeatable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2003 8:05:00 PM More reviews by vink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the sheer color and its staying power is all right. What I don't like is the smell. It has a VERY unbelivably strong smell like melon which makes me feel dizzy. This is the only reason makes me decide not to buy it again. If you have no problem with the smell, this is another good buy for those looking for the nice sheer lip gloss, I would say.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2003 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Tuhreesuh

I really like this formula, although the color is kind of odd. I use it under rimmel's lipgloss in cosmic and i get a nice red/brown color. smell is quite strong of watermelon, but i can deal with it, and i am usually very sensitive to smells. on my medium pink pigmented lips, it turns kind of fuschia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 6:19:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Desire is a sheer deep garnet, very wearable. Nice for those who want just a wash of colour, rather than wearing 'formal' red lipstick.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 7:59:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

this is a pretty deep red, but I blot after I use it and use lipgloss on top and it looks pretty nice. it was a bit drying on the lips though, and a bit of a hassle to use since i have to bother using lipgloss over it.