July 31, 2014 | 1384 users online

Lip Treatments - MAC - Lip Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2014 1:34:00 AM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this product because it was advised on Beautypedia as a great lip balm (and to save a bit of money from not buying the more pricey ones). It was said that this wasn't supposed to be 'goopy' but this is actually the most goopy lip balm I've come across yet. I don't like the texture or the overwhelming vanilla essence smell. That said, it does do a reasonable job of hydrating my lips but leaves my mouth feeling icky. There is no plumping effect of real frills with this product or SPF-its just a basic lip balm. I use the tube version of this which is a plus because it keeps the ingredients nice and fresh. I will continue to use but only whilst looking for something better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by luvsbrdeddragns

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't see ever being without this. After trying nearly EVERY ds lip balm, I got this. My lips are NEVER chapped again and I can wear it by itself and look as though I'm wearing a light l/s

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2014 10:03:00 AM More reviews by EllaKwint

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I simply cannot tolerate the taste of this. I'm a huge MAC fan and have been sporting their lipsticks for 20 yrs.

But wearing this thin, greasy conditioner literally nauseates me. I feel like I'm ingesting a cheap, cloying Glade candle. I've heard this described as tasting like everything from mangoes to vanilla. Regardless, whatever it tastes like I do not want it coating my tongue. Any lipstick/gloss/balm will end up in your mouth, whether you notice it or not, but this formula seems especially prone to slipping off the lips and right into my pie hole. If only it tasted like pie, maybe I'd appreciate it more.

I don't routinely experience severely chapped or irritated lips but when I do, I'll reach for my Aquaphor. A rare miss, for me, from my beloved MAC.

P.S. Even if you appreciate the taste/scent, I found my lips actually feeling more dry after use. I found that highly suspect and maybe all in my mind, but dang if I didn't get a little chapped ring around the upper part of my lips. Weirdness.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by dobedoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it the most often as it's a great alternative to lipstick since it conditions the lip too. The colour I got (fuchsia) is really versatile and great for work and everyday use. I use it relatively frequently and it REALLY lasts, I still have the first container I bought a year ago!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by KellyLee1988

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in the squeeze tube, and I never cared for it that much (It was just OK, nothing spectacular for the price) until I pulled it out of my makeup bag this morning to wear over top of my long wear liquid lipstick (revlon). Despite being petroleum based and containing plenty of oils, it does NOT, somehow, dissolve the lip color as other glosses and balms can. In fact, 5 hours after application of the lip color, and after several reapplications of this balm, and eating and drinking, my lipcolor is still intact and STILL leaves only the faintest pink trace on a white tissue.

I'm really surprised, considering the ingredients **I'm assuming they did not reformulate it since I bought mine over a year ago, they may have. I threw away the box that has the ingredients on it.** that it did not disturb my lipcolor much at all. And really pleased.

It's also the perfect texture...thin but not TOO thin, not in the slightest bit sticky. Just the right amount of gloss. The only bad thing is it tends to separate in the tube (again, mine is old, but it did this when it was new too, maybe because I didn't use it often?) and the first few times you use it you just get oil. With more frequent use I think (hope?) that this will no longer happen and the texture will be consistent.

It was the mostly neglected tube in the bottom of my makeup bag, but it turned out to be exactly what I needed to wear with my longwear lipcolor. Perfect! Would DEFINITELY repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've had this in stick form as well as the tinted pot form. While I used up the stick, the pot is going to last me forever as I don't reach for it very often. Both products tend to sit ontop of the lips and aren't very nourishing. There are much better lip treatments and tinted balms out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dilade

I bought this at a duty free and still found it a little expensive at around 9. It comes in a lovely wide pot and you get a decent amount of product. The balm itself is thick and white and not too soft like Vaseline or too waxy, a perfect texture. I usually use this at home with a lip brush as it seems to accumulate dirt when I take it outside. I use it every morning and it lasts at least 3 hours and nourishes my lips noticeably. I use a thicker layer at night and this keeps my lips in good condition, I can tell when I haven't used it. The balm leaves a lovely sheen and is a brilliant base for lipsticks and drying stains. I will be buying again when I eventually finish the pot. If you don't want to she'll out for this, Johnsons original lip conditioner is very similar, of a little more waxy. It also has a similar vanilla smell which I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by EmbalmerBabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I guess this is being discontinued? I'm an so bummed this is my favorite lip balm, it is awesome in all ways, texture, scent, moisturizing properties. This is an absolute rediculous absurdity that is this beind disc.The product is EXCELLENT.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I had one of those $25 Macy's rewards coupon so I bought this and the Petting pink lip conditioner.

I figured I would get one with color and one for something to replace chapstick or my Carmex. There are a thousand and one lip balms/conditioners much cheaper than these but I have grown to be very picky with what I put on my lips.

I opened Petting pink first and fell in love with it. TASTE is important, even though you're not supposed to be eating the product, its not disgusting or overly waxy. It has a sweet vanilla smell even though it doesn't taste like it. What does win me over is the number of times I apply, which is the issue with all the drugstore products. I can apply probably every couple of hours, meanwhile you feel so dependent on chapstick every couple of minutes or so.

SPF 15 is a BIG PLUS.

Im not too picky with packaging. I dont ever dip my fingers in it, since the world is so filthy. I apply directly onto my lips with the pot. I can bank I will probably lose this sooner than I would finish it because I could be that careless.

For the two conditioners, it came out to a little over $7 with the coupon, I would probably never buy it retail. If I ever earn the same coupon again - I would maybe buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by stls

My favorite aspects of this lip balm are the smell (sweet and comforting but not artificial vanilla cookie) and the packaging (sleek and clean- cut)
The product itself is pretty moisturizing and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. I use it only for summer though- during cold months turns harder and it's difficult to spread.
It's not cheap but you get loads of product.
My favorite lip treatment might be apivita lip balms but it's second on the list!