MAC Lip Conditioner

4.2

Petrolatum, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Avocado Oil Unsaponifiables, Castor Seed Oil, Squalane, Silica, Vanillin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Yellow 10 Lake

on 5/3/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I adore this lip conditioner. This is a review for the original formula in the original white container( with with lid), not the new realease ( black lid) or the tube. I must precise this because I first bought this product in 2010 and the little gem lasted me over 2 years, and by the time I ran out, they had released this new one with the black lid and a pletoria of new tubes. Needless to say I bought a tube, and I was disappointed, something had changed in the formula, it just wasn't the same lip conditoner I adored. Don't get me wrong it was a good product but just not the same...so I started to seach high and low for the original white container and promised myself to buy several if I found did. I had to order one from a canadian seller on ebay, but she had no more, but I figure this would tie me over for 2013 and some. After leaving the US in 2014, it's in London, that by fluke I stumbled accross it on a clearance sale. I bought the last 3 available, so I should be fine up o 2020, considering with daily use, it takes me over 2 years to finish a pot.
On the lip blam itself, this formula does what it says: it moisturizes lips like nothing else I've tried ( and believe me, I have tried a lot!), and what I love the most about it is that it is absorbed and doesn't just sit on lip. it leave them with a slight sheen, light vanilla and lavender scent, and soft as silk.
Of course, it's more expansive than carmex, but you get what you pay for, and 10 is cheap for what it does.

on 9/29/2014 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Like the reviewer before me, I saw this had a good rating on beautypedia saying it actually contained beneficial ingredients, rather than my beloved strawberry chapstick which is mainly wax. I'm also trying to withdraw major irritants from my skincare, which eliminates a lot of well-known lip care brands (carmex, burt's bees, etc.)

I love the packaging. It goes get a little gooey and messy, but I will never buy a pot of lip balm because of cleanliness.

I wear this each night before bed, slathering it on. I am not a huge fan of scents, but it's a gentle vanilla scent that dissipates quickly, and not just because I've fallen asleep. I wake up and there are no imperfections in my lips. I am someone who has to have something on my lips at all times or I will lick them raw so I don't suffer from too much dryness, but I definitely get some flakiness. This, in the morning, provides the perfect canvas for any lip product and I definitely notice a difference.

I said I would repurchase it again because it's a good product, but I do think it's overpriced. I might go back to the simple Aquaphor. It does last a good time, though, which is why I'm on the fence.

on 5/30/2014 1:34:00 AM

I got this product because it was advised on Beautypedia as a great lip balm (and to save a bit of money from not buying the more pricey ones). It was said that this wasn't supposed to be 'goopy' but this is actually the most goopy lip balm I've come across yet. I don't like the texture or the overwhelming vanilla essence smell. That said, it does do a reasonable job of hydrating my lips but leaves my mouth feeling icky. There is no plumping effect of real frills with this product or SPF-its just a basic lip balm. I use the tube version of this which is a plus because it keeps the ingredients nice and fresh. I will continue to use but only whilst looking for something better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I can't see ever being without this. After trying nearly EVERY ds lip balm, I got this. My lips are NEVER chapped again and I can wear it by itself and look as though I'm wearing a light l/s

on 2/10/2014 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I simply cannot tolerate the taste of this. I'm a huge MAC fan and have been sporting their lipsticks for 20 yrs.

But wearing this thin, greasy conditioner literally nauseates me. I feel like I'm ingesting a cheap, cloying Glade candle. I've heard this described as tasting like everything from mangoes to vanilla. Regardless, whatever it tastes like I do not want it coating my tongue. Any lipstick/gloss/balm will end up in your mouth, whether you notice it or not, but this formula seems especially prone to slipping off the lips and right into my pie hole. If only it tasted like pie, maybe I'd appreciate it more.

I don't routinely experience severely chapped or irritated lips but when I do, I'll reach for my Aquaphor. A rare miss, for me, from my beloved MAC.

P.S. Even if you appreciate the taste/scent, I found my lips actually feeling more dry after use. I found that highly suspect and maybe all in my mind, but dang if I didn't get a little chapped ring around the upper part of my lips. Weirdness.

on 10/20/2013 2:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I use it the most often as it's a great alternative to lipstick since it conditions the lip too. The colour I got (fuchsia) is really versatile and great for work and everyday use. I use it relatively frequently and it REALLY lasts, I still have the first container I bought a year ago!

on 8/2/2013 12:34:00 AM

I have this in the squeeze tube, and I never cared for it that much (It was just OK, nothing spectacular for the price) until I pulled it out of my makeup bag this morning to wear over top of my long wear liquid lipstick (revlon). Despite being petroleum based and containing plenty of oils, it does NOT, somehow, dissolve the lip color as other glosses and balms can. In fact, 5 hours after application of the lip color, and after several reapplications of this balm, and eating and drinking, my lipcolor is still intact and STILL leaves only the faintest pink trace on a white tissue.

I'm really surprised, considering the ingredients **I'm assuming they did not reformulate it since I bought mine over a year ago, they may have. I threw away the box that has the ingredients on it.** that it did not disturb my lipcolor much at all. And really pleased.

It's also the perfect texture...thin but not TOO thin, not in the slightest bit sticky. Just the right amount of gloss. The only bad thing is it tends to separate in the tube (again, mine is old, but it did this when it was new too, maybe because I didn't use it often?) and the first few times you use it you just get oil. With more frequent use I think (hope?) that this will no longer happen and the texture will be consistent.

It was the mostly neglected tube in the bottom of my makeup bag, but it turned out to be exactly what I needed to wear with my longwear lipcolor. Perfect! Would DEFINITELY repurchase this.

on 5/15/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I've had this in stick form as well as the tinted pot form. While I used up the stick, the pot is going to last me forever as I don't reach for it very often. Both products tend to sit ontop of the lips and aren't very nourishing. There are much better lip treatments and tinted balms out there.

on 1/25/2013 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at a duty free and still found it a little expensive at around 9. It comes in a lovely wide pot and you get a decent amount of product. The balm itself is thick and white and not too soft like Vaseline or too waxy, a perfect texture. I usually use this at home with a lip brush as it seems to accumulate dirt when I take it outside. I use it every morning and it lasts at least 3 hours and nourishes my lips noticeably. I use a thicker layer at night and this keeps my lips in good condition, I can tell when I haven't used it. The balm leaves a lovely sheen and is a brilliant base for lipsticks and drying stains. I will be buying again when I eventually finish the pot. If you don't want to she'll out for this, Johnsons original lip conditioner is very similar, of a little more waxy. It also has a similar vanilla smell which I love.

on 11/5/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I guess this is being discontinued? I'm an so bummed this is my favorite lip balm, it is awesome in all ways, texture, scent, moisturizing properties. This is an absolute rediculous absurdity that is this beind disc.The product is EXCELLENT.

Popular Lip Treatments