November 24, 2014 | 1617 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Dare

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by ajaeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had my tube of Dare for more than 3 years, and I've only recently started wearing lipstick again, so I finally took the plunge & opened it. I thought I would have a gross, crumbly, terrible formula lipstick, since it had been so long since I'd bought it, but it's awesome.

The waxy sweet smell is something that most people hate, but I actually love the smell. I'm not sure why. The lipstick itself is a corally warm pink, and I love it. On my Asian skin (fair, more on the yellow side but with enough pink that I don't look sallow) it works pretty darn well. I can actually pile it on if I want to - I don't though - and it won't look garish at all.

I'm a little iffy on whether I should use this old tube or not, but if I decide to get rid of the old tube, I will definitely repurchase it because I love this shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2011 10:33:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's a great smoothing moisturizing color. It has the brittish look. It gives out great color and quality and lasts for 6+ hours. It's a new brand 4 years old and I love it. It is sold in most drugs stores. I like the pink, muave, nudes, and reds. I like the king/queen crown on top. They are in big competition with Loreal Paris, even though rimmel isn't as good. I still have a number of lipstick from this product and it softebns my lips big time. Prices can be over five dollars,

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by valleychic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dare is a coral pink lipstick with shimmer. I think that this is a great shade for spring and summer or if you want a little break from the winter blahs. It brightens my complexion. The formula is nice. It glides on smoothly and has decent staying power. It smells like cinnamon which really doesn't bother me at all. I would buy this color again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by mecki

If I gently dab this on, it gives me sheer cherry stained lips. If I apply it straight from the tube, it's a opaque cherry red with a slight frosty effect. It has warm coral undertones. Also, this colour makes my teeth look whiter. It's smooth, does not accentuate dry flakes and it's very moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by dinosaaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Very very pretty red colour but extremely warm toned. It has a slight orange/corally undertone to it. I dab it on because I look like a little girl playing with mommy's makeup if I just slather it on. It's not too drying and the smell isn't that bad. Reminds me of furniture shops. I got it for 7ish CAD I believe? So it's pretty cheap. Overall, I would repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

I wouldn't buy again only because it's really not the right colour for my skin tone. I tried it on my hand at the store (I know, not an accurate representation of how it will look on my lips), and loved it...it was a pinky coral colour. On my lips, though, it showed up cherry red and because I'm so fair, it looked straight up 1980s grandma on me. I did try it again later with a light pink gloss over top (I used Victoria Secret Beauty Rush gloss in I Want Candy) and it actually looked pretty nice, as the gloss muted the colour a bit. I still wouldn't wear it every day but I might consider it for a special occasion or something. I was not at all troubled by the smell - I didn't find it overwhelming in the slightest and it was actually quite pleasant. Sort of a very, very light sweet cinnamon scent. I will buy Rimmel lipsticks again but not in this shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely loved the feel of this lipstick and its gorgeous tropical coloured-shine.

However, the colour was completely wrong on me. This is my fault because I knew it would suit warmer complexions and not my own-- I just couldn't help but try. It is so beautiful.

If you're tanned or warm, I urge you to try Dare. If you're cool, stay away and grieve.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by singwritenow

If you can get past the scent, this is actually a great lipstick! It is very moisturizing and stays put. This color is soooo gorgeous, a metallic melon pink, perfect for evening but fun to wear on rainy days when I need a little lift. If this color isn't right for you, check out the other shades because overall this is a fabulous lipstick for a great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by shellymac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have a fair complexion, dark hair and eyes and are looking for a summer color when your skin is more tanned, give this a try! I have spent $$$ on so many nude lips and when I look at myself, I look dead! So I went the other route and tried this. It's a red/orange/pink shade with frost. It would be too bright on light skin (in my opinion). However, with a tan and a more bronzy blush, this is gorgeous!

I bought mine 40% off at Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2009 8:58:00 PM More reviews by esque

Wearable, mid-tone cherry red with a hint of orange and pink and shimmer. Good for moderate look-at-me lips without overdoing it and can be applied lightly for a wash of subtle colour. Rimmel lipsticks are pretty good and this is no exception. Goes on well and staying power is good.

However: Smell - like cherry cough mixture. Drying.

Got this as a GWP and don't think I'll repurchase as I'm not a lipstick fan and this colour is a bit hard to match as it is quite bold. But a good addition to any make up box.