TheBalm TimeBalm Concealer

INGREDIENTS (on base of jar): Tridecyl Trimellitate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Talc, Dioctyl Adipate, Isoeicosane, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba)) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Octyldodecanol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, C18-36 Acid Glycol Ester, Panthenol, Tribehenin, Ceresin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Linoleic Acid, Glycine soja (Soybean) Sterols, Phospholipids, Silica, Propyl Gallate, Glycine soja (Soybean) Oil. May contain [ /-Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love this concealer ; i've been using it for 3 years already!
When i first used it, i didn't know which way of application would be make the concealer look its best. It took me quite awhile to find out! It would settle into my eye crease and fine lines[ that i have when i smile!] , and it would look cakey and obvious.
After trying out many different application methods, i found out that it looks best applied with my bare fingers! I would 'scoop' a small amount of it onto the back of hand and rub slightly to 'melt' the concealer so it turns creamy, then i'll pat it onto my dark eye circles with my ring finger. I usually use this concealer around my whole eye area as it covers the darkness and veins on my eyelids so well yet looking natural. I'll let it set for a few minutes, then use a piece of tissue paper to blot it slightly, then set it lightly with my favourite powder. It covers my very dark eye circles almost completely so i'd say it is a medium-full coverage concealer! It sets semi-matte on my oily skin but can be completely mattified using some powder. It lasts for a long time on my oily skin, i usually put on this concealer at 9am and leave the house, and it held up well despite my perspiration and sweat; when i remove my makeup at around 8 or 9pm, it still looks good!
I use this concealer to cover the redness around my nose as well and it works well too!
The only downfall to this concealer is its packaging! I am quite gentle with things but this concealer lid broke after i used it for weeks, and the whole concealer jar split into two after a month! [ I'm not even kidding, the jar literally broke into two when i am scooping out my concealer to use] In the end, i had to de-pot my concealer and put it into another jar, haha! The sponge that came with it was not useful to me, as it was difficult to blend the concealer with. Fingers are better! Moreover, the sponge is white and it looks nasty after using it for some time!
It is quite expensive even though i got it on sale for about SGD$25 at Sasa. But one jar can last quite long as a little goes a long way.
All in all, i love this concealer but the packaging could be improved! I would totally buy it again after finishing it!
I got mine is the shade Light/Medium

on 8/31/2015 5:35:00 AM

I'm a NC30-35 and I got the shade mid-midium. It's a good color match for me.

Texture is dense creamy and quite matte.

I usually put this under my eyes and it covers my not extremely dark circles. I have to set it with a light powder or else there will be lines that gather in the creases.

Appearance gives a matte somewhat less tired look. It's not too much coverage, but just enough. It last about 6 to 7 hours on me. It fades a bit.

It smells like freaking cappuccino or a sweet coffee drink. It's odd and satisfying. I haven't read and reviews that state the smell. But I smell coffee.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this on a Royal Caribbean cruise trip and it retails for about $15 without taxes. The lightest shade I could find was the Light/Medium shade, which suits me pretty well. Even though the testers were completely dried out with a clay texture I took a risk and purchased it. Which gives me a huge tip about this product: It will dry up eventually so secure the cap tightly after each use to prolong it's durability.

Pros: It is not as expensive as other products from the line. The peachy salmon-y undertone it has helps cover my under eye darkness fairly well, even though it does not provide a brightening effect to my skin. It has fairly nice pigmentation, take it from someone with reaaaally bad under eye darkness. This layers pretty thinly on the skin too, so it can be layered for better coverage and it rarely creases on me. It also seems like it will last a loooong time!

Cons: I need at least three layers to have a perfect look to my under eyes. This product has to be really warmed up with the finger tips to be applied and blended into the skin nicely. If it isn't applied well, it will give a dehydrated appearance to the complexion; hence why I say this product dries up fast and needs some maintenance. Also, the name of the product "Time Balm" made me think this had anti-aging properties in its ingredients, which it really doesn't have, not from what I read on the tiny box. Another con is that I read the Time Balm foundation is exactly like this product, just in a bigger container with more quantity.

Overall I like this product more than I dislike it, so I will probably repurchase it. In this YT video I show my current foundation routine and how I use it to neutralize dark areas of my face:

This was suggested to me by a girl at sephora. I like it. It's thick enough to really get some coverage but not too thick to actually WORK with. I do find it doesn't look as good on dry skin so I couldn't use it all over my face.

on 1/28/2015 1:00:00 AM

I bought this with the intent of covering up the broken capilliaries on the sides of my nose, along with other blemishes, as well as cleaning up my brows - so not really for under eye, though I do use it there sometimes. I first purchased medium but found it to be too good a match to my skin tone that it didn't provide highlight - so I went back and bought light/medium too. I noticed that the textures were slightly different - I find the medium is creamier than the light/medium, and that the latter is slightly chalky. I fix that by just putting eye cream on top though. I don't have much experience in the concealer department, but I guess this is okay. I'm still open to trying out other stuff though.

on 11/20/2014 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my favorite concealer of all time. It helps me hide my under eye bags perfectly, and is very highly pigmented. Definitely give it a go!

on 11/8/2014 3:34:00 PM

I have super duper dark circles under my eyes, paired with pretty yucky acne most of the time, so I am always in desperate need a good concealer. I used to use the Lancome waterproof under eye concealer for years and years, which I still like but they are more expensive and I think I actually like thebalm concealer better. I think the first time I picked this up it was in their lightest shade, as the seasons go by I usually have to change concealers. I've actually got a good system going right now where I bought the lightest shade and the second darkest shade (which I use during the summer) and I dig out small bits of each to mix together to make the perfect costume shade and I am pretty pale in the winter, but quite tanned in the summer as I work outside. I found them on sale at London Drugs (Canada) a while back and bought like 3 of each of the colours I like for around $15, but I'm pretty sure you can get them for around $25 or so normally.

They are very creamy and apply the to skin really nicely. I usually use a concealer brush to swipe some over the problem area and then use my finger to blend it in, but if I'm in a rush I'll skip the brush and just use fingers. It gives superb coverage and it build-able if needed. It's also really each to blend out to look as natural as possible, and when I feel like it I use this to contour (as I have a darker and lighter shade) and they blend out very nicely. I've used these concealers with many different foundations and they always look great.

I will keep buying this stuff forever and ever and if they discontinue it I will die.

on 11/6/2014 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my, thick texture, I didn't hink it worked for me..I guess it depends what texture you prefer. I don't have dark circles or puffy eyes, so a thick concealer isn't for me..
I prefer fluid textures, and the Balm is so dry!!!

on 11/6/2014 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

A warning for fair-complected people thinking the shade "Lighter than Light" sounds dreamy. It was too dark for my
I use the Balm's tinted moisturizer in the same shade on a daily basis which I am in love with and was expecting a color match here to conceal areas that the TM does not. I even bought this despite my dislike for any beauty product in a pot for hygienic reasons because I like the brand.

It covered well, but was also too dry and matte for my normal skin.

on 11/6/2014 12:53:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

This product covers my dark circles completely, i also use the time balm foundation. For the best coverage and to reduce fine lines you should pat it under your eyes and not rub it with your finger. a little bit pricy at about 22 dollars where i bought it but worth.

Top Rated TheBalm Products