December 22, 2014 | 1098 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Eyeshadow in bitter

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by 90sbaby4eva23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bitter is a gorgeous vibrant matte neon yellow green IN THE PAN & SWATCHED ON THE FINGER TIPS. However, on the lid it doesn't even show up you literally have dig tons of product on the brush (which I don't recommend) to get a slight hint of color on the lids. I'm mac matchmaster 8.5 so maybe this is pigmented on really fair skin. BTW I use paniterly paint pot with nyx jumbo milk pencil underneath STILL doesn't show up on a white sticky base. I STRONGLY recommend tan/ deep dark skin to save their money on drug store dupe or dish out a few extra bucks for the same color but better quality from another brand. The color isn’t unique to pay so much for piss poor quality from Mac.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by AngelOtter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an ok color, it's pigmented yes, but it's a weird mix of green and yellow. I like it, and I'll use it for spring type looks, but It's not a color I'm going to run out of any time soon.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Pitachok

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bitter is a nice apple green eyeshadow in the pan... However on my lids in tends to look quite yellow. It`s pretty sheer so I recommend using it with a wet brush for maximum color payoff. I basically like to use it as a base for my green shadows, or mix it with other greens or blues. I won`t buy it again though, I prefer looking for a better apple green eyeshadow for my eyelids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by EUSHANNASIA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am bitter about Bitter. Bitter is the "special" half-cousin of Rated R. No, Bitter is the pathetic protégé of Eyepopping. Or, it is the inbred love-child of Rated R and Eyepopping--you know, the one that was born only with the recessive DNA of its parents and inherited Rated R's's cleft lip and Eyepopping's nearsightedness ... woefully without any of the good traits of Rated R or Eyepopping (or even Sharp, if Sharp maybe was the young boy-toy to the aging, divorced Rated R in this trailer park love story). It's a true yellow-based chartreuse, but in Velvet finish, which puts it basically at the bottom of the food chain in terms of MAC shadows (right alongside Lustres and Mattes, with Veluxe Pearls, Starflashes and of course Pigments at the top of the species). This shallow gene-pool-dweller of the MAC hierarchy provides hardly any color payoff, sparkles in the pan that do not translate to skin AT ALL, chalkiness, and requires an excessive amount of work. It's like seeing the inbred love-child with the cleft lip and lazy eye in a torn sequined prom dress out in the pouring rain. It's just incredibly sad. If you own Rated R, Eyepopping, or Sharp from the Tempting quad, support the evolution MAC eyeshadow and PASS on this one.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by NssjPryncess408

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im a very bright eyeshadow type person..i do it all.green yellow pink orange you name it..and bitter is seriously my favorite mac shadow i own! Ive hit pan on it i use it so much.my favorite combo is bitter on the lid and electric eel on the outter V and crease.sooo pretty and out there..i use my nyx jumbo stick in MILK or my tfsi underneath and bitter is a very bright lime green on me..thats the key to not make it so sheer.other wise it is a sheerish mountain dew green.still pretty either way tho.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I bought this primarily to use with Wondergrass because on its own, this is sheer. It looks great when applied as a secondary color, but on its own it is a sheer Mountain Dew-colored wash. I love the color and I love using it with Wondergrass, but the formula and consistency is what I grew to hate about MAC.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was super excited to get this eyeshadow. I thought that it was going to be really bright and vibrant. Sadly, it was not. I find it really difficult to work with. Even getting it on the brush is a chore. I have to really pack it in layers to get it to even show up. It just wasn't what I was hoping for it to be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Mondenkind

I really love this color - I've noticed with some other reviews it's either a love it or hate it situation but I love how it adds just the right amount of pop to my eyes. On my skin tone (I'm an NC20) its a lot of fun to mix it with browns. My only complaint is that I've noticed with a lot of light or very yellowy greens the color pay off and durability is a bit off. This product absolutely can not be worn on its own for good results. Yes, it does show up, yes, it is nice - but it's not great. So as long as you remember your bases and primers it's all good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

I am very disappointed in Bitter. It's a shocking yellow-green in the pan, and being MAC, I expected crazy shocking colour on my lids. But it actually has very poor colour payoff, it's impossible to pack it on enough to get the colour in the pan. Maybe if used wet, but I haven't tried. For what it's worth, I always wear a primer, but even that doesn't help. Overall, I guess it's better that the colour ends up more subdued, because if that was the case I would probably never use it. LOL. Just be prepared that what you see is not what you get.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this color, but I wouldn't buy it again. I really had to work to find colors to go with it so it would work for me, and I don't reach for it too often because of this. Its a very vibrant yellow green color and when i saw it I had to have it and I do not regret buying it - but again, I can't use it too often because its hard for me to match it up to pull it off.