Aura Cacia Curl Enhancing Gel

3.6

on 12/12/2003 2:00:00 AM

EW! it made my hair limp, crispy, dry and sticky, all at once. I don't see what's so great about the gel, but my hair is pretty weird ;)
2 lippies b/c it's animal friendly!

on 11/29/2003 10:17:00 AM

i think this is a wonderful gel ! its light enough to not be crunchy or sticky.

on 10/27/2003 3:31:00 PM

I don't have curly hair but I do have a natural wave. This product helps more with keeping down frizz that comes when my hair dries and adding shine than bringing out waviness but I like the consistency because it is a "clean" gel that doesn't leave any residue or stickiness and feels very light, even on my hands after I've applied it. I've considered putting it on my face because it is so clean and has a sort of tightening and soothing effect on my hands. The smell is gingery but in a natural way not strong from artificial fragrances since Aura Cacia is a "natural" brand. Overall I like it but I don't think I would buy it again because it really doesn't hold my hair's wave for long which is what I bought it for. If my hair was naturally curly though I think this would work well to soften and define.

on 5/29/2003 5:21:00 PM

I'm loving this gel! Not only does it smell awesome, it really defines my curls nicely and leaves me with no frizz. I use it on top of a texturing creme or lotion for more hold. Its full of essential oils so it distributes nicely throughout the hair and the shine that I get is unreal!

on 5/29/2003 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

great for layering on top of a heavier-duty gel. the aura cacia's oil based gel gives a VERY soft hold and lessens the crunch of whatever you're mixing it with. it also does not build up. the scent is very nice...reminds me of lemon tea. it's about 8 or 9 dollars a tube, and it won't be found in the typical drug or beauty supply store. check for it at health food stores and online.

This gel gave good shine and curl definition. It's not a gel for hold so much as it is a curl booster/definer.

on 3/7/2003 10:31:00 AM

I love this product, gives me shiny frizz free ringlets...with no crunchyness at all.

on 2/7/2003 9:21:00 AM

Nice product and does a pretty good job of enhancing curls. This is a fairly viscous ginger/chamomile scented gel. It can be used by itself or mixed with other styling products. It is full of hair-healthy ingredients and is completely non-drying. This can be used on wet hair or to add a little more body to dry hair. If you have fine hair, or hair that's in good condition, use sparingly. It's a little heavy and has lots of essential oils. This would be a life saver for anywone with dry curls or coarser curls that need a little more energy! Since it has very little hold on it's own, I find I need to mix it with a stronger hold gel to get the best results. Combining it with another product results in my fine hair getting weighed down and kind of limp looking! Won't re-purchase. continued >>

Popular Styling Products