April 20, 2014 | 1871 users online

Foundations - Kanebo - Liquid Finish Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by bella16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a friend w/ always great-looking skin who swears by this brand of foundation, so wanted to give it a try. Gotta say, I'm not in love. Truly, it seemed very ordinary to me. Nothing special either in terms of color or finish or overall skin appearance transformation. I've had much better luck w/ drugstore foundations. I should add I got mine on ebay, so I suppose it's possible it wasn't the real deal, but I doubt it. I think my friend must just be genetically blessed! ; )

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by citizendumonde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation lives up to its claim to be suitable for oily skin. And it's true that you should go to the Kanebo counter for an application, because I have rather fair skin and end up using what looks like a deep beige color. A little does go a long way, but I did not find that the texture was optimal-- I find I have to tug unless I have ample moisturizer underneath. My skin has even pilled up when I try to smooth this on despite exfoliating. Around the jaw line this is especially hard to blend, and I end up with some yellow streaks which can be embarrassing. It looks great in indoor light, but somehow is not goofproof outdoors. I mix this with my Godsend, Chantecaille Just Skin in Bliss, and that's nearly perfection!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 10:59:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been on the prowl for a HG liquid foundation and this may be it. It has been sooooo difficult to get a color match and texture that I like. For reference, I am 33 years old and have combo skin (oily T), yellow undertones. When I go for yellow undertone, they end up being way to light. When I go a little deeper, they turn golden. So, finding a yellow undertone that isn't too light has been challenging. I've tried LM (from TM to liquid to cream), Chanel, Giorgio Armani, Lancome, Bobbi Brown, Dior, Mac - you name it! In Kanebo, I have found a great match in the Liquid Finish Foundation - - Natural Beige (203) . It's a little pricey ($47), but a little goes a LONG WAY. It offers light to moderate coverage and has exceptional blendability. I also started using the cleansing oil and creamy soap to remove make up and cleanse and I've been very, very pleased thus far. These too, especially the creamy soap, will last a very long time. I am on the fence about their lotions and emulsions. I purchased at Nordstrom. A word to the wise, get samples and try them out because the color in the bottle looks darker than it appears on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2007 7:24:00 AM More reviews by luvmypug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!. This foundation is surreal. I can't believe my skin looks this nice. YUP, I just checked again and it's true... FLAWLESS!. I'm on Accutane right now and the flare ups are at bay. It's the red marks that irk me. This foundation so totally completely covers up the red marks and make my pores invisible, Oh yeah and that's without looking make like. I'd pay triple the price for this foundation. WINNER!.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mynonA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

All I can say about this beautiful foundation, is that the word "flawless" should be included on the package. It evens out skintone perfectly, minimizes pores and gives a radiant, semi-matte finish and it lasts all day. I love it!

UPDATE: I don't know, but it seems as if this foundation gives me breakouts! Despite the flawless look, I won't buy this again. Better suited for people with already perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 2:43:00 PM More reviews by el7elwa80

I am confused. I have oily skin, at first i thought this was the best foundation on the face of this earth (before i discovered prescriptives virtual matte that is!).... then i realized that it wasn't suitable for oily skin, it isnt oil-free...
well the rep said i could use it, so i am really confused... i love the way it feels but since i knew about it being non oil-free, i've become psychologically convinced that it has been causing my breakouts,... at least the little red spots i get on my cheeks immediately after using it...
i think im allergic to mica,... that could possibly be the reason.. i have yet to find a foundation that doesnt affect my skin at all...
would i repurchase... yah mayb, it makes me look great and i get alot of compliments!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2005 7:15:00 AM More reviews by aishad

this is one of the best foundations that I've used in the past 4 years
I give it up cauze I didn't find my matching color ! I am asian women with yellow undertone so the colors that I've been using either lighter or darker than my skin color .. so it will not look natural :(

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2005 12:45:00 AM More reviews by twirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I highly recommend this foundation!! What I love most about this foundation is that it evens out my skin tone and covers minor imperfections, making my skin look fantastic without looking like Iím wearing a mask of makeup. Plus, itís so lightweight on my skin that I donít feel like Iím wearing makeup. It has a somewhat runny consistency that makes it glide easily over the skin, giving medium coverage. The liquid finish doesnít have the heaviness that I have found with other medium-coverage foundations. I have oily/combination skin, and Iíve been using this product for several months without any breakouts or rashes. I have fair skin and use soft ivory LF 102, which appears much darker in the bottle than it does on the skin.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2004 2:59:00 AM More reviews by Inimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

WOW!!! THIS IS AMAZING! First of all, I finally have found the exact colour. I have white, yellow toned skin and it is so hard to find a matching colour. I have tried them all, but only Kanebo has got the right colour for my skin in winter time. Secondly, the foundation itself is great. It somehow gives my skin a very nice healthy glow but covers at the same time. I also tried the cream finish, but the liquid I found much, much better. I tried a sample but will definitely buy, no matter how expensive it may be! BTW, I have 302 which is caramel I believe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 10:44:00 AM More reviews by bairn

KI Liquid Finish foundation is formulated for normal to combination skins. The finish is natural, satiny to matte, and the coverage light to medium. It's by no means sheer or feather light, and any attempt at building it up to full coverage will result in caking. So don't expect it to cover inflamed acne. Its consistency is liquid/runny, just a bit siliconey. I apply a few drops to my skin and blend blend blend. It dries quicker than Cream Finish and I was tempted to use way too much at first. Just like CF, it looks darker in the container than on skin, so try to get a couple of samples. I don't see it working for oilier or some dry-ish skins. SPF 10: octyl methoxycinnamate 1% and titanium dioxide 5%. 1.02 fl.oz./30 ml. Pricey.

What's it really good at? It evens out my skin tone wonderfully and conceals minor imperfections. It does a decent job at gently minimizing dilated pores, as long as they're not accompanied by excessive oiliness. Even then, it wears off quite gracefully. It works fine on its own or under loose powder, looks natural in daylight as well as at night - if used in moderation and blended well! I haven't experienced tugging or irritation with this one. It doesn't really keep oiliness in check for long, but that's just fine with me, it's not supposed to anyway.

Two major drawbacks. First, this foundation made my skin a bit flaky this winter. It's incredible for the summer, though. Second, its pretty glass bottle is clumsy and unsanitary. How about a pump dispenser for people who don't use a brush with their foundation? The color selection is rather limited. Admittedly lovely pales, yet in need of more pinkish and darker shades. A shade number consists of three digits. The first one indicates the relation between pink (1 <) and yellow tones and the third one indicates the degree of darkness (1 lightest <). A Caucasian PPP here, 101 Cream Finish in the winter, 102 Liquid Finish in the summer.
continued >>