Sonia Kashuk Sunlight enhance eye color

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/2/2005 2:35:00 PM

This is a very pretty pale yellowy-gold eyeshadow. It's a fairly common color but it's definitely a nice basic to have in one's collection (this one is pretty similar to Milani's Desert Sun or Stila's Oasis). Very good texture (smooth and velvety) and decent pigmentation. Comes in a sleek, rectangular white compact with a useless little mirror and sponge-tip applicator (IMO, if you have to reapply your eye colors in the middle of the day, then I think you should get better-quality eyeshadow). Slightly more expensive than other DG-type lines, but good quality overall. Plus, Target has some really good sales on their cosmetics, particularly when certain things are being phased out or redesigned/repackaged.

on 11/3/2004 9:46:00 AM

Can't beat this! I've had this e/s for years, since I read a review of it in Jane, and I just keep coming back to it. It's a perfect wash on my fair olive skin and I agree with the person who said it brings out green eyes! It's very subtle with just a HINT of shimmer (not too glitzy for a daytime wash, even at my conservative office) and its lasting power is excellent. Buy it, buy it now!

Sunlight is sheer champagne gold/nude. I love it because it's subtle and brings out the green in my hazel eyes. I've used this just once and experienced no creasing or fading. It's a very high-quality e/s at an affordable price. Will definitely repurchase and try other shades.

on 11/5/2003 4:08:00 PM

This is an oK shadow. Color does not really do anything to my eyes but I like to use it under my other e/s like a base.

on 9/19/2003 1:07:00 PM

Sunlight is my first SK e/s purchase, and it won't be the last. I've searched forever for the perfect e/s wash, and this is it! I love Stila e/s, but the ones I tried as a wash (Sun, Kitten, Delaney) didn't work well with all my other shadows and were too shimmery. MAC's Ricepaper is OK, but has too much of a sheen to it. I've tried so may e/s washes--too numerous to mention here--this one beats them all!

on 11/4/2002 10:28:00 PM

This is a beautifully subtle gold. The product is almost as good as MAC and far better than any other drugstore brand. The packaging is sturdy with little wasted space.

on 6/18/2001 8:04:00 AM

I love this shadow! The color is a beautiful sheer champagne gold. Use it for everything, as a all over wash, highlight browbones, or set cream shadow. It is a multi-tasker for me. I like the packaging (especially the reflective inside lid) and the price is great ($4.99). Very nice product!