April 18, 2014 | 1053 users online

Loose Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

I have acne-prone combination normal-oily skin. I bought the loose translucent Lucidity powder on the strength of the After Hours Lucidity translucent pressed powder compact, which I keep in my bag for touching up my t-zone when out. I intended to use this as a setting powder over light foundations (such as Double Wear Light), and I vaguely remember it working before to give me a soft, perfect, old Hollywood finish. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate the effect and instead this powder gives me a dulling cast without controlling shine. When used over foundation it feels heavy and makes my skin look dry and tight. The shimmer looks grey and messy. It's meant to deflect light but I actually notice the tiny lines under my eyes more when wearing this.

I assume this powder was formulated with older skin than mine in mind. The packaging is nostalgic and sophisticated and certainly holds a lot of product. I tried to see my container through to the end but I hope I can pass it on to someone who will appreciate it as much as the other reviewers here seem to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this product while exploring the Estee Lauder site for a pressed powder and bought it because of its long history of great reviews, on the site and elsewhere. Why EL doesn't advertise it more is a wonder to me because it really effectively imparts a sophisticated glow, a "lucidity". I use mine in the under eye area and, when necessary, as a setting powder over matte foundations. The price is quite reasonable for a department store product and you get a substantial amount. A true classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a disappointment. This product turns me orange despite the fact I have the lightest shade. For the price I am very upset. I have much better luck with cover girl and that's sad. Also the packaging is messy it needs a sifter.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly because I had several reactions toward a large variety of finishing/setting powders & this product was literally the only one that didn't irritate my skin.

According to my mum, it minimize my pores and I found that it definitely leave that velvety finish after applying it.

A powder puff is better instead of brush, I tried to do that but the product just did something weird and clump together on my palette instead of getting on the brush.

The packaging is kind of annoying, I have the round container and it has the sifter thing inside but it's annoying to tap it over & over again just to get enough on the puff.

I feel that this product will last me a long time as well, probably because of that sifter thing but yeah.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

I just purchased this powder and I absolutely love it. It is very very fine, and makes my skin very soft. I purchased it in the Light shade and it provides great buildable coverage, yet disappears on my skin. It has a slight shimmer and a light scent. It is also a good sized container, so I'm sure its gonna last at least a year. The powder is a bit pricey, $42 CND, so make sure you buy it when there is a gift with purchase ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Geniae

I've been using this for 5 years or so and I'm only on my 2nd box! It's my favourite loose powder! It sets make-up beautifully and it provided a luminous finish that looks natural and healthy! And it photographs well, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

Well, I didn't buy this, actually my mom give this to me because she don't wear makeup anymore. By the way, I have the old packaging one, so I don't know if they reformulate this or not because I used this up long time ago. this is an overall good powder, make you matte but not caky matte...though if you put too much it will. I have quite oily skin and this make me good about 5 hours. pretty decent. I don't like the packaging because it break...but other than that it is good. I won't buy it again because it is not a woo to me and my drugstore powder does the same thing

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by pipinko550

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This product feels very luxury on the skin, I like the new package, too. For me the best about this powder is that it contains no talc, mica or any comedogenic ingredients. It looks very natural on the skin and doesn't make you look cakey or over-powdery. WARNING! Do NOT expect that this product will control oil beautifully, it is not oil-controlling powder, but I bought this (and I have very oily skin) because I want to have a powder which is absolutely non-comedogenic and doesn't break me out like many powders that were made to control oil production. I rather do more touch-ups during the day, so for me this one of the best loose powder. It doesn't oxidize on me. It has matte finish although it is a little bit glittery, but on my face I don't see any glitters. It just made your skin looking gorgeous! :-)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

Beautiful product. My mothet swears by it and I love using it too. It makes the skin a matt and smooth but not dull, and it's also great for touch ups during the day.A bit on the expensive side, but it lasts a long time. The only thing I kinda dislike about it is the packaging -which has changed by the way, it's not like the picture. It's nice and good quality, but a bit impractical, I find that after I'm midway through the product, I have to either flip it over and tap the back or open the security lid to get the product out. Still, it's a great translucent powder and I will repurchase a third time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by solstice

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used this one for more than two decades through youthful problem skin to crow's feet and menopause and it has never let me down. It has never upset my skin, it has never settled into lines, it has never shown strange colours - and I have very fair skin - I use 01, Light. It is fine, light, colour-free, and reliably 'sets' your makeup. It is expensive, but one pot lasts at least a couple of years of daily use. In short, no other face powder has ever matched it and I have bought it over and over again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No