July 29, 2014 | 1944 users online

Loose Powders - Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by whackycat

I have been using this powder since it was introduced, probably 20 yrs, ago. and this is "the one" for me. Several times I have strayed and tried other powders, and finally realized I was wasting money trying to replace a product that was already perfect for me.
This powder goes on so smoothly, and minimizes large pores and small wrinkles, if you use sparingly. Powder blush goes on perfectly over it, with no "drag" or streaks.
My mother was using this powder when she died at the age of 88 last year! She was another loyal user, after I bought a box for her over 10 yrs. ago. People often commented that she did not look her age, and that her skin was so smooth.
As far as I am concerned, I will never look for another powder again, unless they discontinue it.
Just a little pricey, but it lasts a very long time. I probably buy 3 boxes a year, and always combine the purchase with a "bonus" offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder. I strayed away from this for about 5 years and I don't know why.

It gives a great even glow to your face and is a very finely milled high end powder. I have a lot of imperfections on my face and I can just swipe on this powder without foundation if I prefer and it will cover all of the problems on my face. I also use a brush and not the puff to apply.

I would encourage anyone looking for a great loose powder to give this a try. It will last you forever too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by 5starchikita

Recently I got a sent Estee Lauder - Lucidity Translucent Loose Powder in shade 02 (light-medium) to try out.

This product has been in existence for years; however, the packaging has recently gone through a revamp. The Container is generous in size, nice looking and has a sifter but being large itís not purse friendly. The powder comes with a powder puff however; I prefer to use it with a fluffy powder brush. I feel that with a puff, I am not able to achieve an even application Ė for any powder (not just this one).

The texture is very finely milled and feels weightless and smooth as silk on my skin. It leaves a natural soft radiant shine with a bit of colour which is perfect for winter time and is supposed to downplay wrinkles but I canít say I really noticed that effect. . Why EL doesn't advertise it more is a wonder to me because it really effectively imparts a sophisticated glow,Ēlucidity".

It retails for over $50 NZ and while Iíve never spent that much on a setting powder, it's true that you get what you pay for. Overall Iím really impressed with this powder and would buy it once my one runs out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

I have acne-prone combination normal-oily skin. I bought the loose translucent Lucidity powder on the strength of the After Hours Lucidity translucent pressed powder compact, which I keep in my bag for touching up my t-zone when out. I intended to use this as a setting powder over light foundations (such as Double Wear Light), and I vaguely remember it working before to give me a soft, perfect, old Hollywood finish. Unfortunately I haven't been able to replicate the effect and instead this powder gives me a dulling cast without controlling shine. When used over foundation it feels heavy and makes my skin look dry and tight. The shimmer looks grey and messy. It's meant to deflect light but I actually notice the tiny lines under my eyes more when wearing this.

I assume this powder was formulated with older skin than mine in mind. The packaging is nostalgic and sophisticated and certainly holds a lot of product. I tried to see my container through to the end but I hope I can pass it on to someone who will appreciate it as much as the other reviewers here seem to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this product while exploring the Estee Lauder site for a pressed powder and bought it because of its long history of great reviews, on the site and elsewhere. Why EL doesn't advertise it more is a wonder to me because it really effectively imparts a sophisticated glow, a "lucidity". I use mine in the under eye area and, when necessary, as a setting powder over matte foundations. The price is quite reasonable for a department store product and you get a substantial amount. A true classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What a disappointment. This product turns me orange despite the fact I have the lightest shade. For the price I am very upset. I have much better luck with cover girl and that's sad. Also the packaging is messy it needs a sifter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this mainly because I had several reactions toward a large variety of finishing/setting powders & this product was literally the only one that didn't irritate my skin.

According to my mum, it minimize my pores and I found that it definitely leave that velvety finish after applying it.

A powder puff is better instead of brush, I tried to do that but the product just did something weird and clump together on my palette instead of getting on the brush.

The packaging is kind of annoying, I have the round container and it has the sifter thing inside but it's annoying to tap it over & over again just to get enough on the puff.

I feel that this product will last me a long time as well, probably because of that sifter thing but yeah.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Minou87

I just purchased this powder and I absolutely love it. It is very very fine, and makes my skin very soft. I purchased it in the Light shade and it provides great buildable coverage, yet disappears on my skin. It has a slight shimmer and a light scent. It is also a good sized container, so I'm sure its gonna last at least a year. The powder is a bit pricey, $42 CND, so make sure you buy it when there is a gift with purchase ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Geniae

I've been using this for 5 years or so and I'm only on my 2nd box! It's my favourite loose powder! It sets make-up beautifully and it provided a luminous finish that looks natural and healthy! And it photographs well, too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Disnep

Well, I didn't buy this, actually my mom give this to me because she don't wear makeup anymore. By the way, I have the old packaging one, so I don't know if they reformulate this or not because I used this up long time ago. this is an overall good powder, make you matte but not caky matte...though if you put too much it will. I have quite oily skin and this make me good about 5 hours. pretty decent. I don't like the packaging because it break...but other than that it is good. I won't buy it again because it is not a woo to me and my drugstore powder does the same thing