July 24, 2014 | 1968 users online

Styling Products - Aquage Transforming Paste

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by dyathink

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I registered here just to rave about this product. i have thick, slightly wavy hair. At its best it's got a nice beachy bed-head look. At its worst *sigh*, it's frizzy or flat with no distinguishing style, spunk or form. Weather affects it like crazy and it's a constant struggle to maintain the casual, shiny, wind-tossed look that i love. i use a combination of products and have tried about a million things with varying results. i have given a fortune in products away to friends because they just didn't work, in spite of their hype.

On a visit to L.A. about 5 months ago the cool dry climate flattened my hair and i went to a salon and begged for a product to give me a little root lift as well as some texturizing without being stiff, heavy, dulling or leaving an unnatural cardboard-y feel. The stylist raved about Aquage and said it's the hottest thing out there right now. I tried it on the spot. It was pretty gluey and i was apprehensive that it might be way too heavy for my wimpy waves. But the stylist encouraged me to use just a little and to dig down and work up those roots with vigor. Wow, instant lift, texture and pliability! I was thrilled. I bought it and used it the next few days and loved how it gave my hair instant volume and attitude. And back home in the warm tropical Central American country where i live i found that Aquage worked with the humidity not against it, to help fight frizz and keep the strands separate and curvy while never diminishing shine. I couldn't live without it.

Ok, here's some tricks that work for me. Use the merest bit you can dispense out of the tube because it goes a long way. Emulsify it in your palm and spread it evenly over your fingers. I use it on dry hair, freshly shampooed and diffused into springy waves. I never used it on wet hair so can't report about that. Coat your fingers with it and work it through your hair evenly and thoroughly. If necessary add a little more and repeat. You'll find that it instantly holds your style allowing you to arrange the strands as you please. The REAL miracle about this product is that rather than just coating the surface of the hair attracting dust and crap and weighing down your style, it seems to gradually absorb into the hair leaving its usual silky texture while still somehow maintaining style, texture and ultra natural hold. I have no idea how it does this and don't care. I'm just glad it does. The second day add a little more. But be careful how much because this is where it can start to accumulate and weigh your hair down. The third day if my roots need a little lift i use a dry shampoo and my style can go one or two more days looking great. The Aquage that you apply on day 1 lasts until shampoo, washes out easily and well, that's it. What else is there? A product that helps fight flatness and frizz, permits creative manipulation, doesn't leave the hair greasy, tacky or glued together, enhances natural shine and silkiness and gives your style kickass attitude. It's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 12:40:00 PM More reviews by abbyten

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

How many ways can you say WOW about a product? This stuff is fabulous. Just as its name states, it has transformed my hair. My hair used to be so easy to take care of and style. In the past year it has gotten a little thinner, definitely finer, and it was never as smooth as it used to be. I just couldn't get the volume, smoothness and thickness I used to have until I started using this product. I use it on towel dried hair before blowdrying. Even though it is a thick, sticky cream, on damp hair all the stickiness goes away, and I never have any buildup. Now my hair is full, looks much, much thicker than it really is and is so smooth and shiny I'm blown away. It can also be used on dry hair, but I have found that after blowdrying, I don't need to use any more to get the volume and style I want. Thank you to all those who reviewed this product before me. If it wasn't for the MUA reviews, I wouldn't have known this product existed, and that would be sad indeed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2007 10:34:00 AM More reviews by pitterpatterson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What a great product this is. I recently cut my thick, wavy middle-of-the-back hair off into what could best be described as a punk-rock Mrs. Brady cut, and this product SAVES MY BUTT.

All I have to do to get that piece-y, tousled, totally bad-ass short hair look is blow dry my hair and then pump a small blob into my hands. My stylist told me to make sure to emulsify this (or any) product between my hands before using, so I do that, and then run my hands through my hair. That is it!

This has great staying power (as I can make my hair do just about anything, sometimes adding a bit more product), and is totally build-able.

The less I wash this haircut, the better it looks, so each day I just pump another pea-sized blob into my hands, and the product never gets too thick or heavy or anything. In fact, I would argue that it looks better if you sleep on it!

I do notice that it feels like product in my hair, but I am not used to wearing product of any kind so am pretty sure that it's just me. It is not stiff, and has a slight, pleasant odor. If I have to wear a styling product to keep my head from looking like a poof-ball mushroom, then I am so glad my stylist recommended this one.

Again, GREAT PRODUCT. If you have short, thick hair and want that magnificent shiny bed-head look without the stiff feeling, then give this a shot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by geographer

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviewers-it IS very pasty and glue-like, but the hold is really impressive and it is the best paste/mold/texture stuff I have ever tried. What I do is mix it w/a drop or two of Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid so it is not quite as stiff. The result is amazing. I highly recommend this and most other Aquage products!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 10:54:00 PM More reviews by wellington_the_bear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried many styling goops (Aveda, Tigi BedHead, Garnier Fructis, etc) and I think this is the best one. My hairstylist recommended it to me. It is very thick and a bit difficult to work through completely dry hair (you can also use it on damp hair) but the results are worth it. I think it runs about 16-18 dollars but I am sure I will use up the current package and buy it again. I can't say the same about the other stuff I've bought.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by SheilaM

This is an awesome texturizer. It's is exactly what it says it is.....pasty. If you can get past the glue-like feel, which washes off easily, it will be worth it. I use it to make my slightly wavey hair curly. Works wonders if applied when hair is partially wet and then scrunching while blowing dry. Works well also to create a piecey effect or to just smooth fly-aways. Very unique smell, but not unpleasant. Comes in a pump form that is very handy and lasts forever. You literally only need a pea-size amount or your hair may end up looking greasy. Worth the $16.