April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for YEARS. Sometimes i'll stray and try other kinds but I always manage to come back to this one. I already have naturally, very long eyelashes, but this makes them twice as long, almost touching my eyebrows! Love the fact that there's a primer to help separate my lashes first, which I put on and leave on to let dry for about a minute or so, and then on goes the mascara. But wow this stuff is so amazing. Really makes a difference. It also washes off easily, and doesn't leave much of a residue. I love how it isn't a waterproof mascara either. Can't stand wearing those, I end up ripping half my lashes out trying to remove them. In the end, this is HG mascara, best one I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal has impressed me with their mascaras, unlike Maybelline and Rimmel. I like that that the primer makes it really easy to remove at the end of the day. This is a contender for my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I recently bought this mascara and I must say the primer does actually work, it lengthens and thickens but please be aware if you put too much on and let it dry your eyelashes will look very dry and spider like, I agree with people who say don't wait until the primer is totally dry and start your mascara application. If you have long eyelashes, expect this mascara to make them huge!! I don't think this holds a curl too well but it certainly lengthens your lashes a lot!
The wands are pretty standard but still good, it is long lasting and the black is a very very black mascara, so if you have blonde hair or red hair i'd suggest getting a brown if possible, the black is quite harsh!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember really loving this when it first came out. The primer actually works, it builds volume and thickness, and makes your lashes look crazy full once the black end is applied. You apply the white primer, let it dry, then apply the black mascara.

The black mascara has a velvet finish. This makes the lashes look very full but still feathery. It's not a slick shiny mascara, it is a drier matte mascara. This drier formula ALWAYS leads to flakes falling off when applying the mascara. I expect this to happen, and just dust them off once I'm sure they're dry and not going to smear. Once the mascara on the lashes dries, I don't have any problems with flaking.

I still like this mascara despite the flaking whilst applying. I think the full, soft, velvet finish on the lashes is great. The primer really does make the lashes fuller. If you can stand the mascara fallout that happens when you apply a drier formula, you might like this mascara. For me, the final look is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mooshagirl

I usually use Mac mascara, but saw a review for this on a beauty blog and figured I'd try it. Considering you only get about half the mascara for the price, I don't think this is that much of a bargain. However, I really like it. I have long lashes, but need volume without clumping (which most mascaras do to me). This mascara went on very smoothly with zero clumping. I also loved that it did not get on my eyelid. Also, it really curled and lengthened my lashes (or at least they appeared to be lengthened). I was pretty impressed with how long this mascara made my lashes look. Even my husband noticed (which is saying a lot). I'm not sure why other reviewers said this mascara clumped on them. I just don't see how it can when it went on so smoothly. This one is a winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first mascaras I remember using and really loving. I kept a stock pile of these in my "young" stash. This was before the lash primer craze, and I loved how this came with a primer on one end. It really built up my lashes. I still have one of these in the package lying around and I'm excited to see if I still love it. Great mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this mascara or years now. Sometimes I stray, but I always come back. Here is the key to this mascara - like a wild horse you have to break it in. The first two weeks, you get a 3 lippie product. Thickens and lengthens, but also is clump prone. Oh, but from week 2 till 12 - amazing!

Pros:
- relatively inexpensive
- noticeable, but natural, lengthening and volume
- no flaking
Cons:
- you have to break it in

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm one of those people who tries new mascaras every time I need a new one. I never really stick to one, at least never one right after another! I tried this through recommendation from a friend and I bought it for about $9.99, which was kind of expensive. I bought the waterproof version.
This mascara is alright, however I've realized that I just hate putting on the white portion. It's just an extra step that takes too much time in the morning so I find I never reach for this. I've tried the black by itself and it's absolutely nothing special.
When you use both ends it does come out looking nice, but I've had mascara where it's much less work to make your eyelashes look great! I think the fact that I bought the waterproof one has a lot to do with how it looks too, it definitely holds a curl which is common with waterproof mascara. I haven't found that this smudges or anything.
This is just kind of a middle of the road mascara for me, it isn't awful, just tedious. It isn't great though.
Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Roselovita7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this alot :) I tried it and it's nice because it dosen't get on my eyelids! It really works for me!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by sophiapirie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this a lot. makes my eyelashes pop. lengthens them a lot too. it doesn't clump my lashes at all. you have to be good at applying mascara and know what your doing.