August 21, 2014 | 2017 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Kumainu

Great mascara! I really like the formula and how it can hold my curl better than the Maybelline pro extention. My lashes looks more natural too compared to the Mabelline one. The application is very easy, i like that the brushes are not too big.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ally176

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only mascara that doesn't smear during my 12 hour shifts with my oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by bbbrittany

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite tubing mascara. Its perfect for humid Ontario summers as it doesn't melt under my eyes and it's super easy to take off. Just massage your lashes with warm water and...done!

I love the length it gives my lashes. The only thing that stops me from giving this 5 lippies is that it doesn't thicken my lashes enough, unless I coat my lashes several times but that creates clumps with this formula. In order to create more volume I apply a coat or two of a volumizing mascara after the primer and before the double extend mascara. It seems to do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by WendyW

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the only mascara that doesn't smudge on my upper lid. No flaking either. I tried Benefit's They're Real on one eye and L'oreal Double Extend on the other. It was a very misty and windy day too. The Double Extend stayed put. They're Real was a smudging mess. You need to put on the white primer and then immediately follow with the color wand. BTW, I've let the primer dry and it still works just fine on me. My lashes are long and thick without clumping, but also not a natural look either (don't want natural look). Double Extend does not need soap or oil to remove. Just warm (not cool, not cold) water. You sink or tub will have what looks like eye lashes coming off, but it's the "tubes" that surrounded each eye lash. Makes a little mess in your tub/sink, but nothing I can't endure considering what it does for me all day. If you use a warm wet tissue or cotton ball, place on your closed eye for a few seconds, the "tubes" wipe off. So far, my go to mascara for long wear, no smudge, but full long look.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using this mascara for YEARS. Sometimes i'll stray and try other kinds but I always manage to come back to this one. I already have naturally, very long eyelashes, but this makes them twice as long, almost touching my eyebrows! Love the fact that there's a primer to help separate my lashes first, which I put on and leave on to let dry for about a minute or so, and then on goes the mascara. But wow this stuff is so amazing. Really makes a difference. It also washes off easily, and doesn't leave much of a residue. I love how it isn't a waterproof mascara either. Can't stand wearing those, I end up ripping half my lashes out trying to remove them. In the end, this is HG mascara, best one I have ever used!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal has impressed me with their mascaras, unlike Maybelline and Rimmel. I like that that the primer makes it really easy to remove at the end of the day. This is a contender for my HG.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I recently bought this mascara and I must say the primer does actually work, it lengthens and thickens but please be aware if you put too much on and let it dry your eyelashes will look very dry and spider like, I agree with people who say don't wait until the primer is totally dry and start your mascara application. If you have long eyelashes, expect this mascara to make them huge!! I don't think this holds a curl too well but it certainly lengthens your lashes a lot!
The wands are pretty standard but still good, it is long lasting and the black is a very very black mascara, so if you have blonde hair or red hair i'd suggest getting a brown if possible, the black is quite harsh!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I remember really loving this when it first came out. The primer actually works, it builds volume and thickness, and makes your lashes look crazy full once the black end is applied. You apply the white primer, let it dry, then apply the black mascara.

The black mascara has a velvet finish. This makes the lashes look very full but still feathery. It's not a slick shiny mascara, it is a drier matte mascara. This drier formula ALWAYS leads to flakes falling off when applying the mascara. I expect this to happen, and just dust them off once I'm sure they're dry and not going to smear. Once the mascara on the lashes dries, I don't have any problems with flaking.

I still like this mascara despite the flaking whilst applying. I think the full, soft, velvet finish on the lashes is great. The primer really does make the lashes fuller. If you can stand the mascara fallout that happens when you apply a drier formula, you might like this mascara. For me, the final look is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mooshagirl

I usually use Mac mascara, but saw a review for this on a beauty blog and figured I'd try it. Considering you only get about half the mascara for the price, I don't think this is that much of a bargain. However, I really like it. I have long lashes, but need volume without clumping (which most mascaras do to me). This mascara went on very smoothly with zero clumping. I also loved that it did not get on my eyelid. Also, it really curled and lengthened my lashes (or at least they appeared to be lengthened). I was pretty impressed with how long this mascara made my lashes look. Even my husband noticed (which is saying a lot). I'm not sure why other reviewers said this mascara clumped on them. I just don't see how it can when it went on so smoothly. This one is a winner for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first mascaras I remember using and really loving. I kept a stock pile of these in my "young" stash. This was before the lash primer craze, and I loved how this came with a primer on one end. It really built up my lashes. I still have one of these in the package lying around and I'm excited to see if I still love it. Great mascara.