Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

on 8/26/2015 9:56:00 PM

definietly on the pricey side but worth it for special occasions.

Amazing consistency. would buy again

PROS: I like the very subtle glow it gives. Has enough yellow-based shades, at least in the lighter shades. Great in my pores. Pretty good in my wrinkles.

CONS: The price. And even applying lightly, I can't get a more natural look when I want that. I can't even imagine trying to find a match without testers. The shades jump from lighter to darker to lighter as you go up the numbers of shades. There's no rhyme or reason to it. I had to blend two colors to find my match, which I don't mind too much, but it took me forever to find them from the testers.

ALTERNATES: I always go back to my L'oreal Visible Lift Serum foundation for the best look in my pores and wrinkles.

on 8/20/2015 3:26:00 PM

This foundation broke me out quite badly. I normally use MAC Face and Body (my HG) because I have normal, blemish free skin that doesn't need a huge amount of coverage.
Even though I love MAC f&b, curiosity got the best of me and I tried a sample of Luminous Silk, loved it and therefore bit the bullet and paid an eyewatering £36.50 for it. I loved it at first, the shade, the silkiness and the fact that it's pretty longlasting. However, after about two weeks of use I started to notice loads of small hard pimples on my chin that felt like little grains of sand under my skin..it felt horrible. I put it down to stress and tiredness and really didn't want it to be the foundation so kept wearing it. A week later, these pimples had spread from my chin up the side of my cheeks - and turned into large red spots, both places where I never get spots. The spots are painful and really angry looking which I assume is due to the foundation as I haven't started wearing anything new. I looked up the ingredients and there are a few very potent ingredients that are notorious for clogging pores and causing breakouts many of which aren't found in many other high end foundations.

It's also not as 'glowy' as it is often marketed as (IMO). I found it to be quite drying and found it to totally emphasize my dry patches. To achieve a glow with this foundation I found I had to mix it with illuminators/highlighters which I hate doing because no matter what people say they mostly look gimmicky and glittery.

Aside from the fact that it has broken me out I probably wouldn't recommend this for the price. I find it hard to build up for special occassions/evenings, compared with other light weight foundations that can be built up nicely. I'm left asking myself if because I have been using MAC f&b for so long I have become so accustomed to the gorgeous, glowy finish of that foundation that maybe nothing looks as good as that, that's just my opinion though.

I've stopped using it now and hope my skin clears up.

on 8/20/2015 12:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I donít understand why itís so popular? Maybe depending on the shade you get and the skin type you have? I really donít like it, and Iíve gave it a good go for 2-3 months. The less expensive foundations Iíve tried were much better than this one!

Pros;
- Beautiful colour, that matches my skin tone perfectly
- Luminous look - glow
- It looks okay for an hour
- Okay coverage

Cons;
- Makes my skin oily (even with primer, or without moisturiser)
- After an hour of wearing it, it sinks into my pores, it looks awful
- Breaks me out (Iíve got sensitive skin, and I get a few pimples here and there, I feel like every time I wear it, I get more pimples after)
- It has a heavy feel on my skin, just makes me want to scratch it of my face
- I feel like you have to apply a lot to get a good look
- It doesnít stick to the skin well, anywhere you touch on your face you remove the foundation

Better waste money somewhere else!

on 8/11/2015 2:21:00 PM

I purchased this via the web and had to guess on a shade (did not find the product in stores in Omaha Ne), the pump doesn't work and the shade might be a bit off but I still am not impressed with the product. Crazily I do like the Bobby Brown that I've read poor reviews for (has an SPF of 45 I believe) much better coverage.

on 8/10/2015 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had this foundation for over two weeks now and so far, no complaints! I purchased Maestro from GA, and was NOT impressed. For someone with oily skin, I cannot exclaim enough how much I love this. It really does have a beautiful finish. I think it will be even more beautiful in winter when I do get a tiny bit more dry. They have an AMAZING color range and I matched perfectly to 4.5. I love this bottle significantly more than Maestro, I prefer the pump to the dropper. A little goes a long way for me, and I have a bit of redness. Never looks cakey. I use a beauty blender or I'll use my sigma f80 brush and it's just flawless. Expensive, but beautiful.

on 8/7/2015 2:38:00 PM

Ok, ok, ok...so I finally had to break down and realize that this is HG status for me:\ It is just sooo expensive that I was trying with no avail to find a cheaper alternative. When I tell you that EVERY time I wear this I get sooo many compliments and when I wear anything else from, Tarte Amazonian Clay, CD AirFlash, MAC Mineralize to Clinique Even Better...just to name a few;)) almost no compliments. I do everything else the same but change the foundation. It is really amazing to me, but it always happens. The finish is like no other and it goes on flawlessly. When I scratch my face there is no residue in my nails (yuck, when that happens!!)

But, the clincher for me was the other day when I was wearing Clinique Even Better and was outside for a long time in AZ summer heat and you could visibly see the streaks from my sweat (nice visual, I know) sooo gross...I usually try not to wear foundation when I know I am going to be sweating like that so this was a new discovery. Well at this point I had to do a comparison with my GA, and, of course, no streaks, just perfection after running around sweating like no other...that was it--deal cinched!!!

on 8/6/2015 2:37:00 PM

Too little coverage for too much money. I gave in and bought this foundation after reading rave reviews on beauty blogs and in magazines. I mean, it's supposed to be award winning, right? I wanted to like it, especially since I paid what I think is a ridiculous amount for foundation $70. Texture: It's liquid-y like MUFE but without the pigment. I still can't figure out what to apply this with. It's so liquid-y that it absorbs into the back of the hand before it can make it from the brush onto the face. Forget about using it with a makeup sponge. Color: I have light-medium neutral skin and bought was matched shade 5. I can understand that maybe this wasn't the perfect shade for my skin, something with a little more yellow tends to give my skin a boost, but this completely washed me out. Coverage: This did nothing to even out my skin or provide any coverage. I had to go heavy on the concealer afterward to hide any flaws. It breaks my skin out, especially with blackheads around my chin. I especially would not recommend this to anyone who has hyperpigmentation or troubled skin. I've seen it on a 25-yr old friend of mine who has an even skin tone and it looked fine. I've used drugstore brands that work better. This one's all hype.

on 8/6/2015 10:58:00 AM

Suddenly, all the foundation out there seem slightly off. I was a Prescriptives person for a long time, then make-up forever and stila, but if its not a too yellow or pink cast, too shiny or matte, something else wasn't working. So, I decided if its something I am wearing everyday, I DO NOT want to dislike anything about it. This foundation is ALMOST that. It has fragrance, which I don't like, but it thankfully goes away after a minute or so. The color (#2) is perfect for me, and that is amazing in itself. The texture is luxurious, which I also appreciate. It looks good after several hours. When i first put it on, it tends to sink into my nose crease, and I have to remove the excess with a q-tip. I don't use much, and maybe its my moisturizer, but that has to be taken care of. I don't wear a primer, but I am considering trying one. I just don't love the idea of layer upon layer of anything on my face. At any rate, so far, this foundation is MUCH better than what I have been using, and so I am happy. Its crazy expensive, making it no "HG." BUT I am still pleased with it for now. When I bought it I saw the YSL Blur perfector - that balm-into powder primerish substance. I tried it on my cheek - oooo - nice. I LOVED the packaging and the idea and the feel of it so I may get one to try and see if it does anything for my foundation sinking into nose crease issue... :) Gosh its fun getting older ;)

on 7/28/2015 8:07:00 AM

I have oily skin to begin but the lo gevity of this product is pretty decent if you set it with a good powder. I like rimmel stay matte or Coty airspun both in transluscent. Let me begin by saying that the first day I wore this I was out and about at the farmers market on a super hot day. After 5 hours of wear my face looked almost better than when I just applied it. My skin looked poreless and luminous, but not shiny whatsoever. And I have oily skin so I was pretty shocked to see this baby last on my skin so long without any touch ups or fading. After a few weeks of use my skin was breaking out because of stress from finals and junk eating, so I needed more coverage and this foundation just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. Because of its consistency it takes a while to build up the product. My blemishes and darks pots were still shining through even after 3 pumps (I know too much foundation guilty), although it still didn't look caked, it just wasn't giving me any coverage! Girl I was livid. I had finals and didn't wanna spend more than 10 minutes pumping the life out of this pricey product. I put on some of my maybelline age rewind concealer on a few spots and set it and was out the door. My point is that this product is geared for those with decent skin. Not full coverage, it's strictly medium in my opinion. Doesn't look cakey, but it won't cover any acne pigmentation scaring. It's worth a shot but I returned this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials