August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Top/Base Coats - New York Color - Extra Shiny Top Coat

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:38:00 PM More reviews by xhanglikeastar

Literally the WORST top coat I've ever used. I've used it twice so far and both times my nail polish started chipping the day I painted it. The polish cracks all over the nail and just falls off. Usually without top coat I can go at least 3 days before my polish starts to chip. By using this, 70% of my nail polish is gone the day after I paint them. On top of that, it's very thick and goopy and tends to gum up at the end of my nails. I'm throwing this out, it wasn't even worth the very cheap price I paid for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 12:00:00 PM More reviews by aybubs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a terrible top coat! i thought for $1 what did i have to lose? i ruined a good manicure. its thick, and it makes my polish crack and chip within the same day. dont buy this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/31/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

This top coat is very cheap for the amount of polish you get, but it's not a very good top coat. My nails chip in the first few hours when I use this top coat which leads me to believe that it's basically useless. Overall I give it a 2/5 and a no to repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm spoiled by super fast top coats now. Alas, there is no going back. This is a more old fashioned kind we just used to call "clear nail polish," back in the day when doing your nails meant alloting half of that day immobized so the dang stuff would finally dry.

But this still serves a purpose. I like to use it to thin out too goopy thick polishes. It leaves the polish less opaque, more like a "jelly" type look.

Works well for that since its cheap and easy to find

rated 1 of 5 on 3/11/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by hbroadwayphann

This is horrible. Top coats are supposed to seal and protect nail polish, but this causes my nails to chip far more than what they do without any topcoat.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:37:00 AM More reviews by itsAmybby

Worst top coat I've ever tried.. It bubbles up during application and takes literally 3-4 hours to try completely.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 10:56:00 PM More reviews by katrinacg3

So I bought this because, i wanted a top coat that would help make my nailpolish last longer, but nothing to expensive because i don;t really care about my nails (weird since i like them to be painted all the time)

BUT ANYWAYS OVERALL:
First time I used this, i thought i loved it, because I didn;t notice any cracks in my nails and it lasted about a week without chipping.

Second time i used this there was some cracks in it, still lasted long

Third time i used it, terrible! cracks, it chipped easily, etc

so i was thinking, why was it that, the first time it was perfect? but the other times it began to crack and chip. And thats when i noticed it was because how I applied it.

The best way to apply this is if you are using two coats of nail polish, wait till it is COMPLETELY DRY and then apply it.

I gave it 3 because well...its shiny, inexpensive, and if you apply it right, it will be useful.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I could summarise this top coat in one word: AWFUL.

It applied perfectly fine for me and looked lovely until the next morning when I put on my gloves and bits of my (lovingly applied) nail polish started falling off just as I was leaving for work.

It has also left hairline cracks in the polish and my nails now look a mess.

It would probably be better not to use any top coat than this one. It's a waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by maysamaidibi

hate this topcoatt...its so stringy and goopy and thick and takes forever to dry and when it finally does dry, it chips right away... it is super shiny though.. thats why i gave it 2 lipsies

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by MeganElizabeth2012

When I first put this on I thought I would really like it; sure, it makes your nails look super shiny but after a day or so I noticed that my nail polish was cracking. Threw this out right after I noticed it.