July 24, 2014 | 2124 users online

Gels/Soaps - Shi Kai - Moisturizing Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing!!! I have that kind of incredibly dry and itchy skin that becomes so uncomfortable in the cold and dry of the winter. I am constantly searching for products to help it stay comfortable -- I don't really even care if it feels soft to the touch during the winter, I just don't want to be itching constantly.

This is one of the better things I have found. I cannot use regular shower gel in the winter, even supposedly moisturizing ones just leave me flaky and itchy. I use Eucerin daily shower cleansing oil and that works ok but there is nothing to love about the smell.

I came across the ShiKai gels at a local apothecary and fell in love with the gardenia scent and was drawn to the aloe and colloidal oatmeal so I thought I would try it. It is even better than I'd hoped. The texture is a little on the goopy side but it lathers nicely and smells incredible (very much like real gardenias... which is rare) and it absolutely leaves my skin comfortable and less itchy. I'm thrilled I stumbled into this and will definitely plan on buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is some nice stuff! I'm a long-time user of Philosophy shower gels, but now that they're switching to mostly floral scents (which I loathe), I decided to try this based on the reviews here. Thank you, MUAers who take the time to write reviews! I purchased the vanilla, which is lovely--like vanilla extract, not vanilla cupcakes. I find that the scent barely lingers after rinsing, but that's ok. This lathers well and rinses easily, and although I too don't think it's as moisturizing as they say it is, it doesn't strip my skin, either. This is one heck of a bargain for the price, and I'm looking forward to trying more scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hubby bought this for me and I really loved it. Just finished the bottle. Mine was coconut scent. Really fresh, lathers well, good job greeting me clean. Glad hubby thought to buy it. I will be looking for more. Srry, if this review comes out weird. Trying new texting app.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in the gardenia scent and use it as a bubble bath. It makes tons of bubbles and smells wonderful. I like that it is a natural product and is often on sale at natural food stores.

Took off one star because it is not as moisturizing as it claims to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I've had a few bottles of the Sandalwood, and I adore it. Some women may find the scent too masculine 'cause it's quite earthy, but I love the smell of almost any sandalwood. The whole house - and it's a big one! - smells lovely while my bath is running.

It makes tons and tons of thick & highly persistent tub-ring-preventing bubbles when used as a bubble bath, and nothing leaves my skin feeling so soft after a wash and scrub!

I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer who uses it for her face - it does great things and makes my face so soft. :) I even wash my hair with it once in a while!

I hunt for it online and buy it from whichever health food joint has the best price. I hope I can get another bottle soon - mine's almost empty O_O and I Am Addicted! XD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite shower gels on the market! My skin is super dry in the winter and sensitive year-round, and this shower gel is very gentle. The two scents I've tried (vanilla and pomegranate) are both pleasant and mild.

I look for this at Whole Foods and buy a couple bottles when it goes on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The skin on my body is dry/sensitive and prone to KP and eczema. Finding a body wash that is both a gentle and effective cleanser is a challenge. I bought this based on the good reviews and I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately this did not work for me, it dried my skin out and made it very itchy. Even though it's SLS free it does contain Tea Lauryl Sulfate and salt, so maybe that was a problem for my skin. Whatever the reason I will def. not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shower gel. Makes your skin soft and it has no harsh chemicals. There are many scents to choose from and is available at Whole Foods or online.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jw111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know how I would live without this if it ever disappeared or they changed the formula - DON"T!!!!! I use it on my face and body. I started eating a lot of mixed vegetables to go with getting my skin getting back to it's finest and this has healed up all those tiny lines - and the horizon lines are shmelding together - all kinds of stuff! I even have a few very old inny spot scars that have healed in from the edges and are closing up!!!! OMG! - and the pores on my nose too - leave alone - do not scrub or touch! - it works and you can see it happening in days! This is a miracle for me. Nothing has ever done any thing like this for my skin. That's why I say, I don't know how I'd live w/o it. Traveling w/o or being stuck using any other lotion or soap - I'd even tried not using anything and only water, nothing at all for weeks, and nothing ever worked for me. My water is harsh. This combats that. Thank you for your creation. If anyone has not used this long enough to really know its benefits...well, I don't know. I use nothing else. No other lotions and always dreamed of not. I don't need any! I just left it alone and let my skin do its thing and this only. Just like a kid!...I don't let the spray in the shower go at my face either, hand cup gentle flush. I've tried all other ways - glad I picked this up! It said soap free and thought maybe this would be that much gentler. Has a lot of aloe in it - and it doesn't make my face red or anything...THANK YOU !!!!!!! I've been using the cucumber and oatmeal - no excess perfumes to irritate eyes or nose lining (thank god!) Love the mild scent - feels clean, soft, dewy and 'perfect'.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

Ladies ! and guys, have i a story for you!
Ok onto my skin. My skin is VERY sensitive, my body is anyway. St Ives oatmeal wash gave me the itchies :( and dry leathery skin. I can't use most fragranced soaps because my eczema, and i need something to help my KP on my arms, so you could call my skin the EPITOME of PICKY! :( saddedning since i can't use most things, but on the bright side its opened my eyes to a lot of healthier options for skin care. ANYWAY! I had been reading about Dr Bronners Liquid Castile Soap which was RAVED by previous members but i found it to be toooooo drying to my skin, yes i diluted it like crazy ...the search continued
I bought this due to the hype, thanks MUA ! so i was at the market the other day and saw this in the Pomegranate Scent in a little 2oz sample bottle, for about a dollar and change. BOUGHT IT!! ahah

what i HAD been using - day time, dont have much time to slather lotion on after the shower so i use a moisturizing body wash, the sensitive one by dove, its the only one that doesnt make my skin itchy or red and actually hydrates my skin without oil, i'm a bit ehhh about it bc the Sodium laureth sulfates in it .... but i had yet to find anything better
Night- Creamery Creek Soap, this soap makes my skin so clean, but so dry.. its gentle though.which is ok because i follow up with raw shea butter to moisturize ..

Ok sorry for the rambling but i had to give some background, to prove as to why this is a very good wash. Ok i squirted some of the gel onto my body towel and lathered away! it lathers gorgeously and the smell was very very nice, mm pomegranate. I continued to clean myself and when i was finished it washed away nicely, my skin didnt feel stripped nor oily and i wasnt red. Chyeahh! i noticed my skin even felt silkier than it was! it doesnt have strong strippers in it like Dove, which i like.. It leaves me silkier than Creamery Creek,I think i get the best of both world's with this... it MAy be my HG
my ONE gripe is the price...
Price wise Dove is the winner, HUGE sizes from Sams and very cheap, about 15 bucks for 3 huge bottles..
Creamery Creek is about 5 bucks a bar, a bar can be cut into four, each slice lasting about a week, so 5 bucks, a month yay.. but not readily available.. i have to order online.
THIS stuff is nearly 10 bucks for a mere 12 oz.. though the 2oz one lasted a week of showers and it is readily available at health food stores i wish it were a bit cheaper, wont subtract a star for that though.

Overall Final Thoughts
If you have very sensitive skin or even drier skin that doesn't like being stripped down of moisture, try this body wash you just may love it... There's tons of scents too, to choose from. Happy Washing !

Update: loving this, I don't need moisturizer after the shower (at least in summer/spring) . Still trying to find better deals though

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No