December 22, 2014 | 1825 users online

Gels/Soaps - Shi Kai - Moisturizing Shower Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by HealthyKae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best smelling body wash ever. Not extremely cleansing or exfoliating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by hollyannie2001

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing!!! I have that kind of incredibly dry and itchy skin that becomes so uncomfortable in the cold and dry of the winter. I am constantly searching for products to help it stay comfortable -- I don't really even care if it feels soft to the touch during the winter, I just don't want to be itching constantly.

This is one of the better things I have found. I cannot use regular shower gel in the winter, even supposedly moisturizing ones just leave me flaky and itchy. I use Eucerin daily shower cleansing oil and that works ok but there is nothing to love about the smell.

I came across the ShiKai gels at a local apothecary and fell in love with the gardenia scent and was drawn to the aloe and colloidal oatmeal so I thought I would try it. It is even better than I'd hoped. The texture is a little on the goopy side but it lathers nicely and smells incredible (very much like real gardenias... which is rare) and it absolutely leaves my skin comfortable and less itchy. I'm thrilled I stumbled into this and will definitely plan on buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, this is some nice stuff! I'm a long-time user of Philosophy shower gels, but now that they're switching to mostly floral scents (which I loathe), I decided to try this based on the reviews here. Thank you, MUAers who take the time to write reviews! I purchased the vanilla, which is lovely--like vanilla extract, not vanilla cupcakes. I find that the scent barely lingers after rinsing, but that's ok. This lathers well and rinses easily, and although I too don't think it's as moisturizing as they say it is, it doesn't strip my skin, either. This is one heck of a bargain for the price, and I'm looking forward to trying more scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hubby bought this for me and I really loved it. Just finished the bottle. Mine was coconut scent. Really fresh, lathers well, good job greeting me clean. Glad hubby thought to buy it. I will be looking for more. Srry, if this review comes out weird. Trying new texting app.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in the gardenia scent and use it as a bubble bath. It makes tons of bubbles and smells wonderful. I like that it is a natural product and is often on sale at natural food stores.

Took off one star because it is not as moisturizing as it claims to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Xtine66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I've had a few bottles of the Sandalwood, and I adore it. Some women may find the scent too masculine 'cause it's quite earthy, but I love the smell of almost any sandalwood. The whole house - and it's a big one! - smells lovely while my bath is running.

It makes tons and tons of thick & highly persistent tub-ring-preventing bubbles when used as a bubble bath, and nothing leaves my skin feeling so soft after a wash and scrub!

I agree wholeheartedly with the reviewer who uses it for her face - it does great things and makes my face so soft. :) I even wash my hair with it once in a while!

I hunt for it online and buy it from whichever health food joint has the best price. I hope I can get another bottle soon - mine's almost empty O_O and I Am Addicted! XD

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Glitzee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite shower gels on the market! My skin is super dry in the winter and sensitive year-round, and this shower gel is very gentle. The two scents I've tried (vanilla and pomegranate) are both pleasant and mild.

I look for this at Whole Foods and buy a couple bottles when it goes on sale.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The skin on my body is dry/sensitive and prone to KP and eczema. Finding a body wash that is both a gentle and effective cleanser is a challenge. I bought this based on the good reviews and I really wanted to like this. Unfortunately this did not work for me, it dried my skin out and made it very itchy. Even though it's SLS free it does contain Tea Lauryl Sulfate and salt, so maybe that was a problem for my skin. Whatever the reason I will def. not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by rsrs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this shower gel. Makes your skin soft and it has no harsh chemicals. There are many scents to choose from and is available at Whole Foods or online.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jw111

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't know how I would live without this if it ever disappeared or they changed the formula - DON"T!!!!! I use it on my face and body. I started eating a lot of mixed vegetables to go with getting my skin getting back to it's finest and this has healed up all those tiny lines - and the horizon lines are shmelding together - all kinds of stuff! I even have a few very old inny spot scars that have healed in from the edges and are closing up!!!! OMG! - and the pores on my nose too - leave alone - do not scrub or touch! - it works and you can see it happening in days! This is a miracle for me. Nothing has ever done any thing like this for my skin. That's why I say, I don't know how I'd live w/o it. Traveling w/o or being stuck using any other lotion or soap - I'd even tried not using anything and only water, nothing at all for weeks, and nothing ever worked for me. My water is harsh. This combats that. Thank you for your creation. If anyone has not used this long enough to really know its benefits...well, I don't know. I use nothing else. No other lotions and always dreamed of not. I don't need any! I just left it alone and let my skin do its thing and this only. Just like a kid!...I don't let the spray in the shower go at my face either, hand cup gentle flush. I've tried all other ways - glad I picked this up! It said soap free and thought maybe this would be that much gentler. Has a lot of aloe in it - and it doesn't make my face red or anything...THANK YOU !!!!!!! I've been using the cucumber and oatmeal - no excess perfumes to irritate eyes or nose lining (thank god!) Love the mild scent - feels clean, soft, dewy and 'perfect'.