Clinique Chubby Stick in Vanilla Brownie

2.7

on 8/28/2011 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have fair warm toned skin.The color did well enough for me.I liked the reddish hue to the stick. It was too dark for me to wear alone but paired with a tawny colored lipstick it came out as a perfect earth toned peach.I wouldn't buy this again simply because I cant wear it alone.This might be a great color for a true redhead or auburn head. I'm a strawberry, so all you see is my mouth when I wear it alone.

on 11/29/2004 1:45:00 AM

Got this a couple of years ago as a GWP. The name "vanilla brownie" made me think it would be a light brown color, but it came out reddish-orange on me. The color looked decent when I paired it with a dark brown lipliner, but it still wasn't the greatest. I also found the formulation to be rather drying to my lips. Will not repurchase.

on 3/28/2003 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Vanilla Brownie is a nude brown with reddish undertones. Very pretty nuetral shade. It is rather drying on the lips, although I really like using a pencil lipstick. Goes on smoothly. Average product.

on 2/5/2003 2:17:00 AM

Bleh. I got this as a sweet extra, but I'd never purchase this. It's too, too brown for me- a medium chocolate sort of brown which simply does not work with my PPP-LLL Asian skin tones. The texture is okay- seems creamier than other Chubby Sticks- but the pencil is imprecise, and not that exciting.

on 2/5/2003 6:44:00 PM

Edited review 'cos Jess was nice enough to let me know I was using this wrongly :P I'm using this on my lips and the color just doesn't suit me. I'm thinking it'll look nice on darker/olive skin tones, but it just looks dirty/gothic on me - mainly because I prefer baby pinks on the lips!

on 2/5/2003 6:00:00 AM

I wasn't too impressed with this product. The color was fine as I like wearing brown shades, but the texture and wear weren't anything exceptional IMO.

Popular Lipsticks