Chapstick lipbalm

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredients: Padimate O (1.5%), White Petrolatum (44%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Propionate, Camphor, Cetearyl Alcohol, D&C Red 6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Fragrance, Isopropyl Lanolate, Isopropyl Myristate, Lanolin, Light Mineral Oil, Methylparaben, Octyldodecanol, Oleyl Alcohol, Phenyl Methicone, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Wax

I love me some Chapstick!! It is so creamy and the packaging is super thin and small enough to put in your pocket. It always comes in handy when your lips are chapped. It is also perfect for applying before another lipstick as you will find the product glides on your soft lips. I love to put a ton of chapstick on before bed and wake up with smooth lips!

on 10/27/2013 7:32:00 AM

I use the strawberry lip balm and I absolutely LOVE this product.it always smooths my lips when there badly cracked or even just a little dry. I've been using this for ages now and it's my go to lip balm. I would highly recommend this product to anyone!

on 6/15/2013 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I have the classic black packaging, the one without the SPF. This stuff works for me. I had chapped, dry, rough lips. Now, they're moist and smooth. I use this under my lipstick and or gloss. The one with the sod broke me out, but not this stuff.

on 5/18/2013 6:13:00 AM

This review is for Chapstick Classic (black tube).

Holy grail.

I've had F'd up chapped lips for years. Yes, I lick and pick and chew at my lips, especially at the crusty parts. Bad bad bad. I have faithfully use many Carmex products, Blistex balms and ointments (miss that retro tube from 20 years ago!), as well as exfoliating sugar scrubby things (some of which drew blood). No matter what, my lips have never been soft and smooth and healed.

Then, 4 days ago on a random whim that I cannot account for, I bought a tube of Chapstick Classic for a dollar. Yes, it is not a completely "natural" product, but neither is Carmex or Blistex. It doesn't taste like anything yummy. But it works. Holy crap does it work.

First of all, it isn't sticky, so it stays put. Second, the lack of taste does not encourage you to lick the product off. Third... my lips are finally healed after 4 days of use. My only regret is that I didn't try this 20 years ago.

on 12/15/2012 11:49:00 PM

-smells horrible
-very unhealthy ingredients (look it up on EWG skin deep)
-after applying it my lips peeled a lot once my lips absorbed it after a couple hours, hence the 'addictive' effect
-found out that Chapstick doesn't genuinely moisturize and lock in moisture. Look up what Dr. Oz has to say about it - he says to use lanolin, coconut oil, and shea butter instead. I started using Burt's Bees Replenishing lip balm and it's much better and all-natural, with lanolin and coconut oil.

on 8/18/2012 8:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Used up of what was left yesterday . Too waxy made my bottom lip breakout if i used it often. Not buying again

on 7/22/2012 9:32:00 PM

Classic original black tube. I love this and have one everywhere: my car, my bathroom, my handbag, my gym bag. EVERYwhere. Sometimes I wish it had higher SPF but generally I don't like the higher SPF ones really because I can taste the SPF!

Love that this is nearly matte. It just protects and softens my lips. Love it.

on 12/22/2011 7:52:00 PM

Gotta love Chapstick! I don't know where I'd be without my Chapstick. I love the Classic one the best- I've tried all the fancy moisturizing and cherry ones but they just don't do it for me. I also love the smell of it- so simple and so warming. It really does help restore my lips, and I also use it as an anti-irritant. Definetely an essential product!

on 7/23/2011 10:05:00 PM

This does the opposite of what it's supposed to do. And its name is chapstick. How ironic. Don't waste your 99 cents.

on 7/18/2011 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The paraffin based chapstick can actually make chapping worse! Ever met a chapstick addict? There are many. And that's because once you put it on your lips do feel TEMPORARILY smoother - but then your chapping worsens, so you apply again. And again. And again. Sorry - but no, thanks. There are way better lip hydrators on the market. Sure it's cheap, but in this case you get what you pay for.

Popular Lip Treatments