April 16, 2014 | 2003 users online

Treatments - Super Nail Cuticle Softener & Remover

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by TeenyButterfly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only good thing about this product is probably the price and size, but considering that this doesn't really work, put the size on the downside.

Pros:
-Cheap. and that's about it.

Cons:
-Works okay, doesn't fully remove the cuticles though.
-Very runny, I had to pour the product into an empty nail polish container for easier application.

I don't really want to throw this out since it does an okay job, but it'll probably last a few years. (Unfortunately)

I would NOT buy this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by jesikah6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first cuticle softener/remover that I purchased, long before I took correct cuticle care seriously. I purchased it simply because it was THE cheapest cuticle remover available at Sally's. It wasn't until I tried a different cuticle remover (Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover) that I realized that not all cuticle removers are created equally. I honestly thought that they were just different packages all containing the same active ingredients...NOT TRUE!

The consistency of this product is on the runny side, similar to liquid hand soap. The smell isn't my favorite. Actually, I hate the smell. Reminds me of something that I don't like but I can't quite figure out what that something is. At any rate, I don't like it.

The product does an "okay" job at removing the cuticle but that's probably due more to the hand-soaking that is required and the friction of the towel when you wipe off the product than it is the product itself.

Now that I've been exposed to other, more effective products, I can safely say that I would not buy this product again. I hate to waste anything, even a crappy product, but this may have to be an exception. The bottle is 4oz and I've used less than 1/3 of it in the 2 years that I've had it. (weekly manicure and biweekly pedicure)

I guess if you were looking for a cuticle softener/remover that did not contain "caustic potash", then this might work for you. I, on the other hand, prefer the efficacy that caustic potash brings to the table.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2003 10:29:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Sally's for around $3. It comes in a white bottle. This is VERY runny and a bit difficult to apply. It does a so-so job but doesn't impress me at all. The bottle it comes in is huge so I'll probably have this forever but if I ever run out I won't be buying this again.