Orly Nail Polish

on 6/7/2015 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

The Bonder Rubber basecoat is the best on the market IMO

Their colors and formulas are fantastic! I came on just to sing the praises of Confetti

Confetti, like Essie's 'Ballet Slippers', is the go-to color for a Clean Nail look. One coat for clean polished nails. Two coats for hint of color pink. Three coats for the color as it appears in the bottle.

Highly recommended for beachy Summer mani/pedis

on 6/4/2015 6:41:00 PM

Wow, seriously this is the worst nail polish i have ever used that was not like 20 years old. I was so disappointed because the color is great, I bought "Thrill Seeker" just today and it is super bright and wonderful, but the awesome color doesn't matter when it looks like crap. It was so goopy and impossible to apply in an even coat. I'm not wasting my money on this brand again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this nail polish today for only $2 at Sally's Beauty Supply. I got it in the color Goth, a shiny black color with tiny specks of gold all over.
The things I really love about this polish:
1) The fact the formula is super liquidy and also very opaque in color. With two coats I obtain full color opacity on my nails.
2) The brush of the applicator is very thin and small, which makes it very easy for me to paint my nails with a few strokes and almost no mess at all.
3) It dries super fast, so I didn't have to wait much in between coats!

Amazing quality for price, so easy to use. Will definitely repurchase

on 5/18/2015 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Orly Nail Polishes are sold in a variety of places (online, Sally Beauty, CVS, Ulta to name a few) and have a very wide range of colors and finishes. Price-wise I have seen them in the $5+ range online all the way up to $7.99 for core colors. I've tried several shades and finishes from shimmer to pearl to foil to glitter and have had application problems with most. In some cases the consistency of the polish was very thin and in other cases very gloopy and sticky. I've had drying time issues with quite a few where, even with Seche Vite, the polish is dentable several hours later. As to the application process, with most I have tried there has been tip pulling, streaking, bald patches, and cuticle pooling. I think I've tried one so far that has applied well. Also, I have noticed that while the finish is very shiny on day #1, by a couple of days later it has dulled significantly even with SV. The Orly brush seems to be a little on the thin side but the rubberized handle is the best thing about this polish. All in all, for the price of these, I would expect a better application and formula so I doubt that I will be adding too many Orlys to my stash.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is one of the few nail polishes that doesn't chip on me. It literally last 10+ days until I remove it. The colors I have are not streaky,apply opaque with one coat.I usually purchase at Sallys or Walmart. Love the comfort of the handle & the ease of the brush. I usually use Dior, OPI,Marc Jacobs.I had started using Nars but the quality is not even on the level of some Sinful polishes. Orly has a lot of higher end/price polishes beat.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I own just a few shades (Au Champagne, Rage, Passion Fruit, Shine On Crazy Diamond), but Orly really makes the easiest-to-apply polish due to the combination of brush, bottle top/brush handle, and formula. Au Champagne, especially, is the only white polish I've ever used that isn't a horrible, streaky pain in the butt. Quite cheap for the quality, too.

on 7/30/2014 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Some Orly polishes are formulated quite well and at a decent price point - others are steaky. It varies from color/shade to color/shade. In general a good base & top coat (I favor CND Stickey Base Coat and Seche Vite Top Coat) can make any polish last longer - as can a meticulous and clean application process.

That said - I have a few Orly's and many more OPI, Essie & Zoya in ye ole hoarde.

on 7/27/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan. I tried Orly polish in a couple colors (one light pink, one dark greenish-blue) and found both of them to be too thin and runny. It takes 3 coats to cover my nails, and it never really looks great. Once I put on a top coat, it looks better, but with a base, 3 coats of polish, then a top coat, it's just not worth the hassle and time needed to apply it, only to have it look mediocre. I won't buy Orly polish again.

on 7/22/2014 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

So, I've tried multiple Orly polishes, and had the same problem with every single one, so I'm writing this review to remind myself(and others) what to avoid. Orly polishes, simply put, are bad quality polishes. The texture is very runny and they chip within a day or two. I use( and enjoy) a wide range of polishes-both higher and lower end, but haven't experienced such fast chipping with those. It's a shame, too, because they have some really nice colors.

on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Orly nail polish is like buttah on your nails. The formulas are wonderful, and the colors are true to bottle. The base or top coats do not matter on me, these polishes stay put! I get tip wear after a few days, but that's nothing new (I type a lot at work).

I'm sad that CVS doesn't carry Orly anymore, I don't have a Sally's nearby :c