April 18, 2014 | 1341 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Orly nail polish is like buttah on your nails. The formulas are wonderful, and the colors are true to bottle. The base or top coats do not matter on me, these polishes stay put! I get tip wear after a few days, but that's nothing new (I type a lot at work).

I'm sad that CVS doesn't carry Orly anymore, I don't have a Sally's nearby :c

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by geekmom

Orly is the only nail polish that stays on my nails. I've tried OPI, Loreal, and some of the real cheap ones too. The only one that stays on is Orly. I do love the way OPI glides on better because of their unique brush, but even OPI won't stay on as long.

I haven't tried Orly's nail strengthener. I have horrible, weak nails that tear in the corners and chip when they get long. I love gel and acrylics, but my nails are so thin that the process of getting fake nails is too painful to do every week. Orly is the only way my nails actually stay painted.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by kittybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No. Just a horrid, gloopy mess. I will not be re buying this. You would think that for such a price the formula would not be so awful but it is. I have cheaper nail polishes that dont get all gloopy and thick after a few weeks. A waste. Takes forever to dry and messes up easily. God awful crap >:(.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite but certainly an outstanding brand of np. My small orly haul or collection for lack of better word consists of
O cabana boy
Bonder
Polish shield
Matte top coat
They've got pros
Nice big bottle more than CG polishes
Rubberized grip cap for easy handling and opening
Nice glitters and dupes
Cons
Too many dupes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pixelsicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of the worst nail polishes I have ever used and I have used the 99cent bottles. I bought two bottles (light green and light pink) for the first time with both colors coming out a mess. Both spread poorly leaving patches of inconsistent coverage. After three coats it still didn't cover!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AlishaMercado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not know why some people tend to complain that they have problems putting this nail polish on and that they have a bad time letting the nail polish dry. This is the best type of nail polish that i have ever used. It dries instantly faster than any other i have ever had. In my opinion i think the ones that are having trouble with the drying is that you guys are not waiting long enough or are impatient for that matter and go ahead and put so much on that it does not dry other than that . this is the best nail polish i have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

By far my favorite polish brand. I love the rubberized grippy top - it really helps me do my right hand. I never have application issues, the formula lasts and lasts on me. I also love that it's a thicker formula and with a good topcoat gives some stability to my nails. Pretty cheap at Sally Beauty with a decent selection of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Jess1189

Orly is probably my favorite brand in terms of formula (perfect consistency) the long, thin brush, and the rubber cap that makes handling the brush so much easier!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/10/2013 3:48:00 AM More reviews by MakeupFanNow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have quite a bit of trouble applying Orly polishes. The formula is rather thick and difficult to spread. I also have a big problem with the drying time. It's really, really irritating to be honest and I have also had the problem of dents or damage to the polish many, many hours later beause the stuff takes way to long to dry.

It is beyond frustrating to spend so much time on my nails only to have it ruined many hours later, when most other polishes would have dried and been fine.

Unfortunately I have quite a few of their polishes before I really identified the problems.

Unless there is a color that really knocks my socks off, I really don't think I'll be buying any more Orly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by APrettyPeacock

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a nail polish addict. I have currently about 450 bottles of nail polish and of those approx 50-60 are Orlys. I love Orly. I think it applies very well, never bubbles... ever. The brush is just the right size and I adore the rubber handle, it is shaped well and never slips from your hand while polishing. I love nail art and stamping and there are quite a few Orly polishes that are fantastic for stamping. They are usually quite opaque so I don't have to put 3 layers which always drives me nuts on polishes that require so many layers to get a good finish.
Also, the prices are great. I can usually find some awesome deals online or at Sally's and today I got 10 polishes at Wholesale Beauty Club for BOGO so they came out to be $3.38 a piece which is a steal because they have 20% more polish than OPI and China Glaze and that is quite a few extra manicures when you don't have to apply to many layers to look fabulous.
So, overall I rate this a 5 star because of all the pluses. I truly can't come up with any negatives.