September 17, 2014 | 1270 users online

Polishes - Orly - Nail Polish

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by crystalradium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I own just a few shades (Au Champagne, Rage, Passion Fruit, Shine On Crazy Diamond), but Orly really makes the easiest-to-apply polish due to the combination of brush, bottle top/brush handle, and formula. Au Champagne, especially, is the only white polish I've ever used that isn't a horrible, streaky pain in the butt. Quite cheap for the quality, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Some Orly polishes are formulated quite well and at a decent price point - others are steaky. It varies from color/shade to color/shade. In general a good base & top coat (I favor CND Stickey Base Coat and Seche Vite Top Coat) can make any polish last longer - as can a meticulous and clean application process.

That said - I have a few Orly's and many more OPI, Essie & Zoya in ye ole hoarde.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by maria526

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not a fan. I tried Orly polish in a couple colors (one light pink, one dark greenish-blue) and found both of them to be too thin and runny. It takes 3 coats to cover my nails, and it never really looks great. Once I put on a top coat, it looks better, but with a base, 3 coats of polish, then a top coat, it's just not worth the hassle and time needed to apply it, only to have it look mediocre. I won't buy Orly polish again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by DiaryofaDyme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So, I've tried multiple Orly polishes, and had the same problem with every single one, so I'm writing this review to remind myself(and others) what to avoid. Orly polishes, simply put, are bad quality polishes. The texture is very runny and they chip within a day or two. I use( and enjoy) a wide range of polishes-both higher and lower end, but haven't experienced such fast chipping with those. It's a shame, too, because they have some really nice colors.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Orly nail polish is like buttah on your nails. The formulas are wonderful, and the colors are true to bottle. The base or top coats do not matter on me, these polishes stay put! I get tip wear after a few days, but that's nothing new (I type a lot at work).

I'm sad that CVS doesn't carry Orly anymore, I don't have a Sally's nearby :c

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by geekmom

Orly is the only nail polish that stays on my nails. I've tried OPI, Loreal, and some of the real cheap ones too. The only one that stays on is Orly. I do love the way OPI glides on better because of their unique brush, but even OPI won't stay on as long.

I haven't tried Orly's nail strengthener. I have horrible, weak nails that tear in the corners and chip when they get long. I love gel and acrylics, but my nails are so thin that the process of getting fake nails is too painful to do every week. Orly is the only way my nails actually stay painted.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by kittybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No. Just a horrid, gloopy mess. I will not be re buying this. You would think that for such a price the formula would not be so awful but it is. I have cheaper nail polishes that dont get all gloopy and thick after a few weeks. A waste. Takes forever to dry and messes up easily. God awful crap >:(.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Trillstayovoxo13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not my favorite but certainly an outstanding brand of np. My small orly haul or collection for lack of better word consists of
O cabana boy
Bonder
Polish shield
Matte top coat
They've got pros
Nice big bottle more than CG polishes
Rubberized grip cap for easy handling and opening
Nice glitters and dupes
Cons
Too many dupes

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by pixelsicle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of the worst nail polishes I have ever used and I have used the 99cent bottles. I bought two bottles (light green and light pink) for the first time with both colors coming out a mess. Both spread poorly leaving patches of inconsistent coverage. After three coats it still didn't cover!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by AlishaMercado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not know why some people tend to complain that they have problems putting this nail polish on and that they have a bad time letting the nail polish dry. This is the best type of nail polish that i have ever used. It dries instantly faster than any other i have ever had. In my opinion i think the ones that are having trouble with the drying is that you guys are not waiting long enough or are impatient for that matter and go ahead and put so much on that it does not dry other than that . this is the best nail polish i have ever used.