October 21, 2014 | 1799 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - RapiDry Top Coat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just like an ordinary top coat. It doesn't dry faster nor lasts longer. After 3 days my nail polish was already gone.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by islandgirl8

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my 2nd bottle now and both bottles got really gunky only 1/2 way through. It got so thick that it was impossible to apply. I called OPI ad they replaced my 1st bottle saying that I should refrigerate it. The refrigerated bottle did the same thing. Because of this I will not buy again. It is too pricey to waste 1/2 of it. It does make my polish last longer. On my hand the polish used to only last about 3 days before chipping, but with OPI Rapid Dry, it lasts almost a week. That is great, but halfway through, the bottle the product becomes useless. Some say that is normal for quick dry formulas, but when I used Orly In a Snap, which I love, that bottle lasted for years. I am going to go back to that and also try Seche vite which seems to be a favorite of many.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by camerae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this top coat and never do my nails without it!! When I purchased it, it came with a free full size Bubble Bath, so I thought it was a good value. It took me a long time to figure out how to use this top coat effectively, but now it's perfect for me. I think some of the bad reviews are due to the fact that there are some tricks you have to learn. 1) I wait 1-2 minutes after my last polish coat before I use this top coat and I use a fair amount of top coat. If I use it too soon or use too little product, it does streak my polish slightly. Also, if you use a thick thick layer of top coat, you will get bubbles. 2) As your bottle gets older (for me this was 1/4 of the way through the bottle), add a few drops of nail polish thinner. I've done this a few times, and it makes the polish much easier to work with - easier to apply with less bubbles. I polish my nails at night (bonder, 2-3 coats of polish, and this top coat) and I can get in bed 5 minutes after applying this with ZERO sheet marks in the morning, and still shiny 4-5 days later. Winner for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2013 3:22:00 AM More reviews by marinafani

Although it's a good top coat it doesn't dry as fast as a dry fast top coat should

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Emilymarie0103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Alright, I was super keen for this to be a good product because I simply love OPI. Unfortunately I can't say I'm in love with this one. Yes, it does dry fast and yes, it does give a nice glossy finish. But.... after using this product and the OPI normal top coat for over a month now I can say with confidence I would recommend the normal top coat. The rapidry can leave streaks on fresh painted nails sometimes if not working fast enough, it leaves an odd semi tacky feeling to my nails for about a day after application which I'm not a fan of at all and I find that when ever I use this and get my hands in the sink or wash my daughters hair (anything with water really) in the first say 24hrs, my nail polish will lift and peal away. I'm not sure if its just me but every time this has happened. So this one unfortunately is not for me. I am using the chip skip and base coat also. Exact same process as with the original top coat but never have this issue. Sorry OPI but his is my first product from you I dislike :/

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Jayyhoang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this top coat. i am just so amazed at how long my polish lasts! i painted my nails on Monday and its Saturday. and i dont have a single chip. there is shrinkage and growth but no chips! and my polish lasts only 1-2 days usually. love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by rotonda

best top coat ever used by far. it's a bit expensive but works great. the only problem i'm thinking about tryin the famouse Seche Vite fast dry is beacuse i'm almost at the end of the bottle and it's becomeing unusable. it makes bubble and is hard to make the coat properly.
Seche Vite is for sure cheaper and i want to try it, but will it be useful as this OPI?
For now is the best on market. no chip, and is really fast on drying time. is crystal clear and i love how it looks on nails.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by lipstickinpink

I received this in a pack a while ago, called "Vintage Minnie Minis". Two reds, one pink and the top coat.

I don't love it but at the same time I don't hate it, it does dry "fast" but sometimes leave tiny bubbles and probably lasts 2-3 days. I'm not even half way through the mini top coat and it's starting to get gluggy..

The bigger size (15ml, 0.5 Fl Oz.) cost $20 in Australia.. So I don't think I'll be rushing out and buying this anytime soon..

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Lillian88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay so recently i have turned into a nail polish fiend *OPI* obsessed! i have to say i love this top coat simply because it dries so quickly. I am very impatient and hate to wait for my nails to dry, also i have noticed that with 2 to 3 coats of OPI nail polish my nails never fully dry?? after waking up in the AM i always noticed marks all over my nails from my hair or pillow case. I thought id give this a try ...and bam! no more marked up or scratched nails after sleep! i would say if your a beginner like me you will love this top coat. if u want ur nails to dry even faster i recommend after using rapidry top coat, spray a generous amount of "DeMert" nail mist oil. The only reason why i rated it 4/5 is because the glossy look doesn't last very long maybe 2-3 days.... but then again i'm a nurse and wash my hands about 100 times a day. ... so yeah i would recommend for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by cthuynh93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i can understand why someone would not like this product as it is not convenient as seche vite (the holy grail for most)

so i will do a comparison

opi rapid dry:
packaging:4/5, the brush is wide and all in a typical clear bottle
quality/longevity: 4/5 lasts 5 days without any chipping what so ever
as advertised: 3/5, does not dry quickly, but once dried, its pretty good. even in its wet state it does not dent easily as seche vite

seche vite:
packaging 3.5/5 nothing special. the brush is standard/thin so application takes several strokes to complete a layer
quality/longevity; 3.5/5 its above average mainly because it has a nice finish and dries quickly but longevity-wise, it is quite picky as it does not adhere to plain nails, (as in this top coat sucks for french tip) it peels off as one solid piece..also the formula dries quickly to the TOUCH but not if u were to knick it on something while moving. your nails will be "sensitive" until another 6 hrs..
as advertised: 4.5/5 relatively long lasting if paired with the right nail polish (5 days no chipping), and dries quickly as it state

overall i prefer the opi if i have time to wait, seche vite if i just want the color for a few days..