HABA Squalane

Squalane 99.99%

on 5/28/2015 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Currently using the vitamin C "Whitening Squalane" version and I'm in love. A product that keeps both eczema and freckles at bay without breaking me out? Count me in!

on 10/20/2013 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I'm more than a bit shocked to be writing a positive review for this product. I've become a convert for some of HABA's products and a small bottle of the squalane was included as a sample in my last order. I have avoided all SQUALANE for years, eons even. My SD-prone face seems to hate all things even remotely related to olives. Most cosmetic squalane is olive-derived; however, this one's an exception. It is derived from shark liver which will no doubt disturb some people. (At least the Japanese don't waste the sharks fished for their fins....the whole animal is utilized.) Here's a quote from HABA: "Contains squalane, the purified form of squalene or shark liver oil extract. Squalane has been seen to accelerate wound healing and tissue regeneration." Note the curious spelling shift from squalene to squalane.....not sure if it's a result of translating from another language or if it's intentional. No matter.....I cautiously have used one to two drops on damp fingers, rubbing together before pressing onto my face. Most of it is probably deposited around my eyes. Bottom line: my skin's seems to love this! I will update in a month or so. I do plan to test drive PTR's squalane (sugar cane based) now that I've had success w/ this non-olive-based one. (UPDATE 11/10/13): So I've tried the PTR and there's really no comparison. The PTR seems to linger on the skin and looks greasy whilst the HABA disappears into the skin and leaves just moist, happy skin. I've just ordered a larger size bottle of the HABA. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

2 drops of Squalance mix with G Lotion provides enough moisturization for me in humid summer days. This is just a very basic staple.

on 10/11/2012 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this as the last step of my night time routine to seal in all the moisture which helps heal and repair the skin. Although it's an oil, it doesn't cause congestion or breakouts. Even my sis-in-law who has sensitive skin agrees and this is almost the only moisturizer she can use without causing extra sensitivity, at least at this moment. The packaging is very good and wouldn't cause spillage even if you have butter fingers. The bottle doesn't look that big but a little goes a long way and love that it's fragrance free as well.

on 4/27/2012 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It is a great moisturizing product in the summer if you have dry skin like me. In the winter, I need to layer a face cream on top.

It is a very solid moisturizing product. I always keep one bottle at hand.

on 3/11/2012 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is made from sharks liver...............yuk

on 12/27/2011 5:55:00 PM

Good thing is that it didn't make my skin react. A little goes a long way. However, I personally don't like oil-based products on my face. I find that it leaves me a bit oily over night. I definitely do not recommend people to use this for winter because it's not enough moisturizing enough. So basically you get this oily feeling on your face, but it's not moisturizing your skin at all. I suggest you to try a sample before purchasing this (which I did luckily) or else it's just going to sit on your counter if it doesn't work out. I will not buy this product.

on 7/28/2010 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a super versatile oil that can be used on hair, face and body. Although it's oil, it is easily absorbed into the skin and doesn't leave an oily film. Hence, it is best used as a spring/summer moisturiser for normal to slightly dry skin but not for very dry, cracking skin. Definitely not suitable for winter. As my skin is very dry, I have to use a more intensive moisturiser so I won't be buying this again.

on 6/2/2009 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use the Q10 and Squalane in the orange bottle and I usually use only 1-2 drops/night and 1 drop in the morning. Never causes breakouts, hydrates very well, and gives a glow to the skin. This is what natural skincare is all about. Skin flourishes!
As always with HABA the packaging is A+, very hygienic.

on 5/6/2009 4:23:00 AM

i've use this for about 1.5 yrs and so far i like it. i use it twice a day. and it would give me a nice glow when i wake up in the morning =) i first used it when i recovered from a terrible break out tat leave my skin dry n peels everyday. it was horrible... but after i use this, my skin started to go back to it actual nature. even later when i had another break out, i still use this product, juz a little less n it coz no problem for me. i use this together wit White Lady to help fade my scar. i think i'm going to continue using tis. n when i need anti aging, maybe i'll try e other version tat have Q10 =)

Popular Face Skincare Products