November 26, 2014 | 1339 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Hydrabase Lipstick in Lune Rousse

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by yumluftwaffles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw this at the Chanel counter and thought the shade was beautiful, a deep neutral red. I had never tried Chanel, but thought I'd indulge myself, just this once. When I actually applied the lipstick, it didn't apply evenly, and went on dry (you'd think something named 'Hydrabase' would be moisturizing). It didn't work, even with lip balm on. It would flake within the first hour and make my lips peel. I ended up returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 11:09:00 AM More reviews by veniceclaire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Found the perfect lipstick! This has the perfect red color in it. Not too bold and yet red enough for that 50's look. Texture is smooth, but not too creamy. It is very pigmented. This does not come cheap but definitely worth the money. Its the l/s which will always be inside my bag. My only gripe, like all Chanel products it comes on its cheap black packaging.

A definite must have!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Kitty_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Possibly my HG red.

I'm an NW15, dark brown hair, light brown eyes. And I'm a red lipstick maniac.

This shade is on the cooler side of neutral, though I wouldn't say it had a whole lot of blue in it. But similarly I don't see any brown or orange.

I wear it full strength over liner-filled lips and don't think it's overwhelming in the least. With minimal eye makeup the look is darn sexy and striking.

It's not the perfect formula, and requires a little effort to work with. But if you're going to commit to red lipstick, you need to be prepared for sustained effort.

Also, I know I may be in the minority but I love the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by 3ftkillerdoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The colour is beautiful, it's a deep neutral red, not cool, yet not brownish. Too bad, because it is extremely drying and goes on unevenly and I have to press it hard to get color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2008 3:42:00 PM More reviews by askr

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I swatched this in the store last fall when I bought it--and in the store lighting it seemed to be more of a burgundy red. On me it is more of a prune-ish vampy red. While the coloring is flattering for my beige-sand-olivey complexion and definitely brightens the teeth too, I find the look a bit too harsh. The texture is satiny without being too creamy; the pigment is superb and the lipstick is longlasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 2:37:00 PM More reviews by GirlFromB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a sophisticated red with a blue base (without ever looking purple or berry), this is the one! I've been looking for one for such a long time and an Angelina Jolie cover on a Vanity Fair made me crave for the prefect red again. It's a deeper colour than e.g. Chanel Le Rouge in Passion, which makes it more stylish and sultry. I had a hard time to find a pencil that matches this lipstick, but found a great one from Guerlain that works good with this.
As for the texture: it's soft but not too creamy and has very good pigmentation. If you use it with a liner and watch out a bit, you don't need too much touch-ups. However like all dark lipsticks it tends to settle in the creases of my lips during the day. But if you make sure your lips are in good condition before application and it you'r ready for compliments: this is your HG.
And oh yes: this kind of red also makes your teeth look whiter.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2007 3:51:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a NC 30 Chinese and this is a beautiful deep red for me. Not too bright but more of a sophisticated red. It gives a lovely matt finish without being too drying. The colour stays well after food and drinks. I need only reapply this once thoughout a weding dinner I attended recently. I love the tube, it is so elegant that it makes whipping this out for touch ups cool. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2006 11:18:00 AM More reviews by achenm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful color--a sort of burgundy, almost raisiny red, which seems to take on different tones in different lights. I love the creamy formula, too, although the faux-rose scent is obnoxious. Unfortunately, it is just too dark for me, no matter how lightly I apply it--I prefer Barcelona Red. I'm PPP with light brown hair. I think Lune Rousse could look great on cool-toned girls with dark brown or black hair.

EDIT: I've found a way to make this work--I put it on over chapstick--that's right, chapstick--higher end lip balm absorbs too much color. Over chapstick, and dabbing VERY lightly, the color is sheer enough that I can wear it, although it's still a tad too blue-red for me.Also worth noting: this color is now called Russet Moon in the US.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2005 10:51:00 AM More reviews by persnickety

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

deep red with a hint of transparency that gives the color incredible depth. wears off slowly and very evenly. an absolute staple. even the gorgeous, classic scent complements the film noir character of this lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2004 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Ninaleen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My skin is pale olive and my hair right now is "Brandy". This is a great shade for my colouring, it's like a deep brick red. Someone said in her review that it's a warm colour but it must not be, because I cannot wear dark warm colours whatsoever. It is creamy and moisturizing, doesn't kill my lips. It does have a definite rose scent but it doesn't bother me at all... matter of fact, I like it. However I can see how someone who is sensitive would find it annoying. I probably won't repurchase, because even though I love Chanel, the fact remains that expensive does NOT always equal Better.. Avon has a lipstick colour named Crismson that looks just like Lune Rousse (at least I think it does) but lasts much longer, at a fraction of the cost. Chanel's starts turning fuschia after a couple of hours and kinda runs a little bit after a while. That said, it *is* a beautiful colour and is very kind on my lips.