December 17, 2014 | 1123 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste - Tempting Beige

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by anpage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This blush is a nice, neutral brownish-peachy shade that works well for my fair skin. I can either apply with a light hand or build it up for more dramatic effect, either way it is a good pigmented blush. Chanel blushes seem to last a long time, and I liked how I never seemed to have to re-apply during the day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Another blush win for me, by Chanel. This may even replace Espiegle as my favorite of all time. I kept seeing people's FOTD pictures, or celebrities at events, and the notes always included Tempting Beige. What drew me to the photos, was how subtle the color looked. It made them look alive, but, without that oft typical "drunk flush" of color that pinks and corals can give. I'm wearing it now with a dark, berry lip, and it looks as lovely as when I wore it with a heavier eye and a nude mouth. Wonderful, perfect, sublime!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Tempting Beige is such a pretty neutral shade -- more heavily pigmented than the Nude JC, and with more peach-pink to it. It's great for pairing with stronger or more dramatic lips or eyes, but it's also perfect for adding a subtle warmth to my complexion. It also does not contain nearly as much shimmer or sparkle as some of the other JCs do; while there is a fine shimmer to it, it's almost indiscernible on the skin.

For reference: NW5-10; NARS Siberia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Klonophunk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this as a gift from my boyfriend's mom. I LOVE IT. At first, I was pretty sure I wouldn't use it, because it looks more brown than anything I've worn before. I have pink and yellow undertones in my skin and since I'm so pale I usually just use a little pink or pink-peach blush to look healthy. I feel classy and grown up every time I wear this, and it looks great with any sort of lip color or eye makeup. The most versatile blush, and the one I'd take on a trip if I only had room for one!
Edit: It's been about an year since I received this blush and I've barely made a dent in it, even though I use it often. Blush is one of my most loved beauty products, and this is my favorite powder blush so far. The color is great, and the blush is very pigmented and silky smooth. I am definitely going to invest in another Chanel Joues contraste. Also, the packaging has held up well. I'm pretty rough with my MU and not a single crack or dent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Andee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

How could I have not reviewed my oldest HG until now? I have an old one, way past the date I should have thrown it out and was rushing to get a little minimal makeup on without leaving the bathroom to get my handbag where my JC Rose Bronze was. I swiped this on and immediately saw why I have loved it so long. I am fair with yellow undertones. On me, it is the loveliest neutral without any blahness. As soon as one of the stores has double points or maybe even before if I can't wait that long, I am buying a fresh one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 More reviews by juliaesands

Chanel blushes are very expensive but in my experience, very well pigmented and very buildable in the color imparted. The little brush is useless to me and just takes up space in the compact. This is a beige shade, but with a tad of pinky rose that adds the perfect glow to my NW20 skin. I can build it for more intensity but I love it with my MAC 129 blush brush, a tap on both cheekbones and I am all set. At $42 it is not cheap but it will last me forever (I have only hit the pan on ONE blush thus far in my life...)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 4:06:00 PM More reviews by asiawall

HG blush, adds a beautiful pop of color, very natural and healthy looking. Apply sparingly as it is very pigmented, but lasts all day. Shimmer is not noticeable on. Works well with yellow/olive undertones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

I have had this color in my cosmetics drawer for a while and have forgotten about it. Shame on me. This is the perfect color for LLLs who have rosacea. Tempting Beige has minimal, if any, shimmer and wears like a dream. Slight rose scent, yet the scent does not last on my skin. I would describe the color as a light cocoa with a touch of pinky beige. It is encased in the classic, chic black compact with the double "Cs" on top. Would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by ninanina

Tempting Beige is one of the original colors for blush that Chanel makes, the reason they keep it around is because it works, it's a true brownish/peach blush, nothing complicated about it. It's for warmer skin tones and for someone who doesn't want to look like a clown. It's just a classy color...a "nothing to it" color, in a good way. Totally natural. I've been using it for years and will continue purchasing, since they seem to keep making it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: LLL NC15-20/Highly Sensitive Dry-ish Skin. I have olive green undertones to my skin but a tendency to surface redness.

First off, I will start by saying I love JCs! I find they have a beautiful texture and they give the look of the colour coming from within. The lasting power is excellent. The packaging is luxe and gorgeous cos hey, it is chanel! I have found nearly all my HG blushes in the Chanel JC line and have tried nearly all of the colours except those really HTF or discontinued berfore my time. The only con is the price, cos again its chanel so yes they are expensive! But well worth it imho.

I was hoping Tempting Beige would be the neutral nude-rose colour I was looking for but unfortunately it was not for me. I found it to be a reddish muddy sunburn looking colour on me, totally unflattering. It is very pigmented and even using a light hand, I would get the same muddy sunburn effect. However, I gave this to my mother who is a darker than me (nc30ish) with warmer peachy undertones and it looks lovely on her. It looks very flattering on her, a nice brownish rose. So while this colour did nothing for me, I think it can look really lovely on the right person.

I give it a 2 on me and a 4 on my mum so overall a 3! :P