July 29, 2014 | 2012 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - Long Optic mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 2:45:00 AM More reviews by BlossomWind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually received a full-sized tube of this as a free gift along with makeup remover. I'm extremely glad I had the chance to try this! Three effects most women want to achieve in a mascara is: definition, length, and volume. Honestly, I believe Christian Dior's Long Optic Mascara gives you all three. One coat says lovely, while two coats says gorgeous.

The clumping is kept to a minimum as well as the flaking. This is because the formula is thicker than most. If you do not like thick formulas, maybe this isn't the best choice. There is also a strange scent. It doesn't linger or anything, but when you hold the wand close to your nose, it is the only thing you smell. In other words, the odor is quite strong.

Overall, I adore this mascara. I have no real complaints. As of today (July 26th, 2011), it is my favourite mascara to use. That's saying a lot considering I never play favourites. Enjoy the product if you decide to try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 2:21:00 AM More reviews by GlamDiva

Dior Long Optic was my favorite lengthening mascara ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by andycobbdds

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this mascara for two weeks and I hate it. It gives no thickness to my lashes..it defines them well but you still can't see any thickness..it does not build up..Just not a good mascara for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2008 7:22:00 AM More reviews by lewky

This works just as well as my $6.99 Max Factor "Stretch and Separate" mascara. For the price I will not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2006 8:45:00 PM More reviews by starla671

Just bought this brand new from Ebay, so I only paid half price. I love it! It separates and elongates my lashes and the brush makes for easy application. However, it isn't waterproof, so I had to take off for that. I would buy it again, but not at full price.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Bostongirl29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this mascara because I read an article in one of the magazines about it. I bought it for $26.00 which is quite pricey. I thought it was junk. It was clumpy, clumpy on the brush, it clumped on my lashes, made them stick together. And after a couple of hours I had black specs under my eyes. This was so disappointing to me as the price was way out of my range, but with all the reviews I thought I would try it.

Stick to the cheap kind.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2005 7:26:00 PM More reviews by MACaddict

I purchsed this mascara in Vert(green). It lengthens nicely after several applications. I never had a problem with it clumping either. The green is noticeable in certain lights, in others it looks natural (black). I'm not really sure if I would repurchase again because it doesnt fatten my lashes like my beloved YSL Faux Cils Efect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2005 12:46:00 PM More reviews by leonie_au

I used Long Optic up until I discovered the beauty of Diorshow and now I can't turn back! But, Long Optic definitely lives up to its claims and lengthens lashes dramatically, although it didn't give much volume. Another point I love about it, and that Diorshow fails to achieve, is a glossy finish. Hmmm, maybe I will repurchase another one of these someday?!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2004 1:18:00 PM More reviews by shesseder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like mascaras that leave my eyelashes really, really black, thicker, longer, like fake eyelashes. Long Optic isn't that black, doesn't add thickness, and even though it's called Long Optic, doesn't make my eyelashes look longer at all. My eyelashes look natural, as if I'm not wearing mascara, but if I want that, I can go without mascara or use Vaseline and get the same results for cheaper.
Besides, it gives me racoon eyes in an hour or so. And it irritated my eyes the first and second time I used it. I guess my eyes got used to it the third time. I had to use it for about 10 times until I found a better mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2004 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Tirantea

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I Loved the sheen it gave to my eyes, very brightening. I had good lengthening and volumizing effects as well. Too bad it wasn't waterproof