LUSH Sandstone soap

4.1

Sand, Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Perfume, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Coriander Oil (Coriandrum sativum), Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides)

on 1/4/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Sandstone is an exfoliating soap with an invigorating lemon scent. I regularly use body scrubs, but this is awesome for when I'm sweaty and post-workout, or on humid summer days. It creates a nice lather, but it isn't a moisturizing soap; be sure to use lotion or body oil afterwards. I got a huge chunk at the LUSH store for $22, and even with regular use I have barely made a dent into it. Also, mine doesn't have sand only on one side- all of the Sandstones at the store have it swirled into the soap.

on 10/4/2014 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really love this soap! Smells super lemony fresh and feels nice and gritty because of the sand inside. Gives you a really finely milled, but intense scrub. I love that it's a pretty sturdy soap that doesn't melt easily. Wouldn't recommend using this in the bath though, since you'll be sitting in grains of sand the whole time. Not pleasant. But I'll definitely be buying this again!

This is a brilliant exfoliater in a soap. I love it, has a nice citrus scent which is very fresh. Use this with the Big Blue bathbomb and you can feel the sand on the bottom of the bath and pretend you're in the sea :P Seriously though 100% re-buy, gorgeous smooth skin after using this.

on 12/6/2013 7:24:00 PM

I had never used an exfoliant in a solid form prior to using this soap, but I have to say, the experience was a good one. I'd always been one for a body scrub in a gel or cream form. I like the convenience of this product, it's a nice chunk of soap that you can use on your rough areas. It lasts a long time as well, as long as you keep it away from the direct stream of water in your shower. The smell is very pleasant, energizing citrus. It works great too, and the soap has a creamy moisturizing quality to it, so it leaves your skin feeling really soft. I love this stuff, I just wish it were more accessible to me.

on 11/3/2013 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This soap smells so good. I just want to lay in a hammock and smell this soap while I gaze upon the ocean. It has a light citrus scent but there is a definite floral to it as well. Smells more like fresh flowers than citrus to me. The sand element is great for exfoliation. I use it in the shower. The soap doesn't dry my skin out. I am a Lush fanatic and this is one of my favorite Lush soaps.

on 9/23/2013 7:15:00 PM

So here's the long and short of it:

Exfoliation: Great for daily body exfoliation. It works 110% better than any other scrub I've ever tried, both high and low end, and I've tried many. You can control the amount of exfoliation simply by pressing more or less hard as you scrub your body with the bar.

Smell: It smells like a less potent version of many of lush's other lemon scented products: sexy peel, lemony flutter, ect. If you like those, you'll have no problems with this. I quite like it but I wouldn't mind if the scent was a touch stronger (I like my scents strong!), it doesn't leave a lasting scent on your skin.

Mess: Honestly I never notices or thought about mess before checking out the other MUA reviews. I use this as I shower so the sand goes right down the drain (since this is a bar, I stand right under the water when I use it. This is a plus especially when compared to scrubs, where I wouldn't dream of using them under the water and have to watch all that product immediately wash away!)

If you want an honest, good exfoliating bar, look no further. This does the job.

P.S. My boyfriend loves this too! This is totally one of Lush's products that even a man's man can't object to :)

on 7/30/2013 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I actually purchased Sandstone after reading all the great reviews about it. So i went into Lush and got myself a fresh cut bar. (On the way home it made my car smell so lemony and fresh)

It smells so lemony and cirtrusy. Its not my usual scent but I enjoy it.

This soap was inspired by women in brazil who go to the beach and use the sand as their natural exfoliate. Clearly they were on to something because this soap is amazing.
its not rough at all and left my skin feeling so soft.

It does leave a lot of sand in the tub.. so I would be cautious about that. But other then that downfall I love the product. I would definitely continue to buy this product. Its my new gem.

It smells if lemons and beach to me. It is very exfoliating, which my body needs. It's not to ruff which is awesome for my very sensitive skin. Does really lather but it gets the job done. It doesn't dry my skin out and it leaves it very soft.

on 4/8/2013 4:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Scrubby, smells like a beach-y cocktail - Sandstone is a fun novelty soap, but definitely not HG (for me, at least!). I find the sand to be a little much, but as these are made fresh individually, it just might have been the batch that I received. Overall a decent cleanser.

on 3/16/2013 9:55:00 AM

Finally loving one of the LUSH products I ordered! Was very disappointed in some of the others, but this one is good. It has a strong lemon/citrus smell in the package which is softer once used in the bath with water. It's great exfoliate as well as refreshing to your skin. It's marbled looking with white creamy insides. So I'm guessing that's where the moisturizer comes in. Pleasantly surprised by this product. I've sliced mine so it will last for quite a while. Would definitely re-order since I don't have a LUSH store near me.