July 29, 2014 | 1810 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sandstone soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I had never used an exfoliant in a solid form prior to using this soap, but I have to say, the experience was a good one. I'd always been one for a body scrub in a gel or cream form. I like the convenience of this product, it's a nice chunk of soap that you can use on your rough areas. It lasts a long time as well, as long as you keep it away from the direct stream of water in your shower. The smell is very pleasant, energizing citrus. It works great too, and the soap has a creamy moisturizing quality to it, so it leaves your skin feeling really soft. I love this stuff, I just wish it were more accessible to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This soap smells so good. I just want to lay in a hammock and smell this soap while I gaze upon the ocean. It has a light citrus scent but there is a definite floral to it as well. Smells more like fresh flowers than citrus to me. The sand element is great for exfoliation. I use it in the shower. The soap doesn't dry my skin out. I am a Lush fanatic and this is one of my favorite Lush soaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by spaceykatie

So here's the long and short of it:

Exfoliation: Great for daily body exfoliation. It works 110% better than any other scrub I've ever tried, both high and low end, and I've tried many. You can control the amount of exfoliation simply by pressing more or less hard as you scrub your body with the bar.

Smell: It smells like a less potent version of many of lush's other lemon scented products: sexy peel, lemony flutter, ect. If you like those, you'll have no problems with this. I quite like it but I wouldn't mind if the scent was a touch stronger (I like my scents strong!), it doesn't leave a lasting scent on your skin.

Mess: Honestly I never notices or thought about mess before checking out the other MUA reviews. I use this as I shower so the sand goes right down the drain (since this is a bar, I stand right under the water when I use it. This is a plus especially when compared to scrubs, where I wouldn't dream of using them under the water and have to watch all that product immediately wash away!)

If you want an honest, good exfoliating bar, look no further. This does the job.

P.S. My boyfriend loves this too! This is totally one of Lush's products that even a man's man can't object to :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ericatomars

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually purchased Sandstone after reading all the great reviews about it. So i went into Lush and got myself a fresh cut bar. (On the way home it made my car smell so lemony and fresh)

It smells so lemony and cirtrusy. Its not my usual scent but I enjoy it.

This soap was inspired by women in brazil who go to the beach and use the sand as their natural exfoliate. Clearly they were on to something because this soap is amazing.
its not rough at all and left my skin feeling so soft.

It does leave a lot of sand in the tub.. so I would be cautious about that. But other then that downfall I love the product. I would definitely continue to buy this product. Its my new gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

It smells if lemons and beach to me. It is very exfoliating, which my body needs. It's not to ruff which is awesome for my very sensitive skin. Does really lather but it gets the job done. It doesn't dry my skin out and it leaves it very soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by devitini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Scrubby, smells like a beach-y cocktail - Sandstone is a fun novelty soap, but definitely not HG (for me, at least!). I find the sand to be a little much, but as these are made fresh individually, it just might have been the batch that I received. Overall a decent cleanser.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by AnnaBanana84

Finally loving one of the LUSH products I ordered! Was very disappointed in some of the others, but this one is good. It has a strong lemon/citrus smell in the package which is softer once used in the bath with water. It's great exfoliate as well as refreshing to your skin. It's marbled looking with white creamy insides. So I'm guessing that's where the moisturizer comes in. Pleasantly surprised by this product. I've sliced mine so it will last for quite a while. Would definitely re-order since I don't have a LUSH store near me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by Ladygrail212

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Holygrail. Aniliates ingrowns as well as rough, bumpy skin. Wish I discovered this YEARS ago! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 3:05:00 AM More reviews by denns

HOLY GRAIL ALERT - Once again, Lush has done it with this brilliant little sand-studded soap that exfoliates like nobodies business. Normally I use homemade sugar or salt scrubs on my skin, which work well, or simply use a loofah in the shower to get my skin soft and smooth. I have NEVER had softer skin than I have right after using Sandstone soap for the first time, and I saw drastic results immediately - and I exfoliate nearly every time I'm in the shower. This powerful little citrus sand bar completely eliminated the bumps/clogged hair follicles all over my lower backside and the back of my legs - the bumps I've had for years, figuring they were just genetic and wouldn't ever go away. After rubbing a few times with sandstone, they were gone, just like that. Just like the wind. Just like my wallet after I re-visit Lush and purchase every exfoliant they make.

The bar works very well, and I like that it can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be. The bar has a really lovely citrus-y lemon scent (not at all like "dishwashing liquid" in my opinion) that doesn't really linger on the skin - instead it leaves you smelling fresh and clean, not at all weighed down by heavy perfumes. It is a little drying, but shouldn't we all be moisturizing after a good shower anyways? Great for use all over the body, especially as a pre-shave exfoliator. Has TRANSFORMED my skin, and with immediate results like these, I can feel good about throwing away every half-bottle or tub of old scrubs in my bathroom.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Kat_rocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I dont know if this is a new soap or if I just never noticed it before, but I'm really glad I found it. Its very exfoliating. It contains sand, so dont mash it on your skin or else it will hurt. I gently rub it all over so that it doesnt rip my skin off. As long as I do that I have no problem with it. It smells like a toned down version of sexy peel, which is fine because I also love sexy peel. Just dont mash this onto your skin and you'll be fine.