April 23, 2014 | 897 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Surf Spray

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by pikerupert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this product everyday and this really gives me wonderful waves! My hair is very thick, frizzy and a bit wavy anyways, but this perfects my waves and hm gives my hair so much more texture and volume! It's wonderful! It doesn't add to my frizz at all and just is really great and whilst the price is its only con, I am willing to shell it out as the product does last a while and is very good.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MissMatchedSocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Im still not sure if i would repurchase this or not, I did repurchase it from a CCO, but Im not sure I would pay full price, I have curly hair, sometimes it looks amazing using this spray, other times it looks dry and frizzy with no style or shape, if you have frizzy hair definitely use an oil with it. LOreal makes a spray that I really like and has a drugstore price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Arrosynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product was okay... but just okay. I didn't really notice a huge difference in my hairs texture, and I felt like it actually made my hair even frizzier. Definitely won't be getting this again, especially since B&B products cost an arm and a leg... =/

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by MERdusa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Short and sweet...it's awesome.

I'd recommend to those with wavy/curly hair plus any tendency towards frizziness to use this with a mousse if you blow dry it like it says to (best results, it doesn't really work otherwise), and maybe a flyaway or anti-frizz cream if it's a particularly humid day.

Final word: all those out there with a pixie cut like mine, this is a godsend, as it gives that rather effortless wave for everyday wear that just...it looks editorial mag gorgeous if you do it right.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by cindikinnns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews online. It does give my hair messy, slept-in beachy texture and volume; however, it doesn't make my hair wavy. It is a good volumizer but I woudn't repurcharce this as you get too little product for the price you pay.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2014 3:58:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

when used correctly, surf sprays can add texture, body, and decrease frizz. this product does all that, and has excellent packaging, but is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. i googled "diy surf spray" and found out that the main ingredient in this product is Magnesium Sulfate--basically epsom salt, which, when i mixed it with water, produced almost the same result as the bumble surf spray for about ten cents (albeit with no "beachy" smell, but that's not worth an extra $25.90...to me).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I wanted carefree easy to use product that would give me the sultry beachy wavy hair. I had to return it because I got nothing of that sort instead I was left with hair that felt greasy, tangled, and dirty. I noticed my hair tangled like crazy and it was a horror to comb through my long hair. The smell of this product is great. I returned it after trying to use it for a month and each time i used it I had the same experience.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by PrincessVela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a fine-haired girl's answer to locking in volume. I used to mist hairspray at my roots to get my volume to last all day, but it would end up weighing down my hair, and making it eventually fall flat anyhow. The beauty of this is that it's a light product, and adds just the right amount of texture and hold to give some volume.

This is what I do:

After blow-drying my hair, I hold up a fairly large piece of hair towards the top part towards the back of my head, basically where I try to volumize the most. I spray some near my roots while holding my hair up. Then I basically give myself a noogie w/the fleshy part of my palm, around the crown of my head. I know it sounds absurd, but my stylist at Mizu Boston gave me this tip, and it really does work.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by supragurl7

I wanted to try a salt spray to get that beachy wave effect and did some research. I ended up with the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray despite the high price. There are many other cheaper ones available but I find most have alcohol and silicone in them. The B&B doesn't have any (not that I know of). The other contender was the Lush salt spray, but B&B seemed to get more rave reviews. I even thought about making my own because it was so expensive. I'm glad I settled with B&B. My intention was to get beachy waves, but ended up using as a root volumizer which is amazing! After toweling dry my hair, I let my hair air dry with the front clipped in a bouffant. When it is 50% dried I spray it onto the roots with the clip still on. I hold it far away so it disperse into a bigger area. I also spray on the bouffant. Be careful not to spray too much because it will become sticky, crunchy, and it will weigh the hair down. I usually do 4-5 sprays and scrunch as I go along. I again let it air dry another 15minutes and then blow dry and scrunch as I go along. When I wake up in the morning, I get so much volume in the roots! Amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Good product - I have super straight thick hair that just hangs so I like to use products to add some texture and give it more volume.

I use it on wet or dry hair and blow-dry while scrunching it a bit, then spray a bit more on dry hair. It does make it a bit drier and tangled but nothing crazy that can't be solved with conditioner or a bit of hair serum.

Bottom line - I would not repurchase because I have very long hair and the bottle doesn't last and its overpriced for salt and water. I have used several other "salt sprays" that give the same effect in a bigger size and for way less money (like Not Your Mother's Beach Babe which is about $4-5 & I also like it Haircare Surf Spray Beach Waves which is about $9-10, L'oreal makes one although for me the smell was intolerable and I had to toss it).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No