Tocca Candle in Pushkar

4.3

on 12/13/2012 12:21:00 PM

I have no idea why people say the throw of this candle is worse than other Tocca candles. Or rather, I'd like to know what other candles they are comparing it to. When compared to Stella, Positano and Florence, it's miles better. It is supposed to be oud but it just smells like warm wood. It doesn't have any of the medicinal bite of oud. I didn't think about it at the time but the previous reviewer's comparison of 10 Corso Como sounds about right. Maybe a bit sweeter than that. It burns cleanly and evenly but very slowly and I got a bit bored of the smell after a while. I wouldn't repurchase for that reason.

on 12/18/2005 1:14:00 PM

Tocca Pushkar along with Sofia are my favorite candles.

Pushkar is deep and resinous, woody and smells of oud.

To me, it is 10 Corso Como in candle form.

This one is not sweet......some may consider it to smell masculine....

The candle has good throw, burns cleanly and the packaging is lovely.

If you are a fan of 10 Corso Como, you will love Tocca Pushkar.

on 7/24/2004 12:37:00 AM

I was so excited when I found a local retailer who sold Tocca candles, I asked her to order this one for me. My mom adores this one... she keeps asking what it's called and pushing her nose as close to it as possible. I wish I shared her enthusiasm. It's nice, but doesn't smell distinctly enough like any one thing -- or even a blend of things -- to make my candle-loving heart skip a beat. Having said that, it's a warm, woodsy (but not smoke-y) fragrance; it has a soft balsamic quality. Reminds me a bit of Revlon Flex, but much more muted. The throw is not as strong as other Tocca candles.

on 6/12/2003 2:20:00 PM

This is an amazing candle. I fell in love on first sniff. It is very earthy and woody. I definitely can smell vetiver in it, which I adore. The scent throw is fantastic, my entire room was permeated within moments of lighting. Burn time is 60 hours. I would definitely repurchase this!

on 2/5/2003 7:01:00 PM

As with all of the Tocca candles, I would buy them all again! Love this one as much as the rest!

on 2/3/2003 5:35:00 PM

This scent reminds me of being outdoors on the first very cold evening of winter and the comforting scent of chimney smoke wafts through the air! Very smokey, but I would not describe it as incense. It contains agarwood, one of the most, if not the most, expensive precious oils known! Love this! Edit 12/5/2003: I knocked of 1 point because the throw is not as good as other Tocca scents.

Popular Candles