November 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Spite lipglass

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG Lipgloss! MAC please never discontinue!!! It is a beautiful pinky brown mauve lipgloss. Makes your face look alive and gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ParisLenore

I love Spite Liglass! It is such a perfect mauve nude on my lips. I am a NC50 for ref. i can wear this lipglass with any eye look, this lipgloss is just perfect. A staple in my collection, and has been for a few years now. HG nude gloss. xo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LishWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great nude on my NC50 skin. I find less is more with this lipgloss, put a little on your lips, then build it. If you pile it on, you may look like you've eaten a doughnut. Its a little sticky, but I can live with that as the colour is so beautiful. I love wearing this with a light foundation and mascara, great for those days when your in a rush, but want to look human.

This is a little edit. I have to say this is my HG lipglass. I'm on my 3rd tube can't live it without this beautiful colour

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been wearing "Spite" for over a decade, now. It's a wonderful color for cool or "lukewarm" complexions. I have fair olive skin ("Sand" is my shade in Bobbi Brown makeup,) medium ash brown hair, and hazel eyes. "Spite" gives my lips a wonderful, neutral effect with a wet, creamy finish. It coordinates beautifully with taupe, grey, cool brown, plum, and mauve eye makeup and blushes.

I think "Spite" gets overlooked in favor of Lipglass with greater "eye candy appeal." Shimmery and frosted glosses and less neutral, more vibrant color are more likely to hold a consumer's attention. It's a shame because this creamy finish gloss offers a lot of mileage for the cost. It's a beautiful look worn on a naked face to give one's mouth a little polish and definition. The creamy finish visually "plumps up" smaller lips. It also offers subtle polish in the office with more conservative makeup. For an evening look, dress it up with smudged liner and/or smokey eyes.

Lipglass wears well for the type of product it is. It's a bit "sticky" but feels moist and comfortable on the mouth and leaves a slight stain as it wears off.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by quiteviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to love Spite, it was my favorite lipglass for many years..it was actually the first MAC lipglass I ever bought about ten years ago. After I'd finish the container I would always repurchase, but a few years ago, maybe 3 or 4, something changed. I don't know if they changed the formula or what exactly, but the smell changed. The first time I purchased it with the stinky stench I thought I had bought a "bad" one, but when I went to exchange it the MUA gave me another one and it smelled exactly the same. She told me they all smelled like that. I was so disappointed, but I took it anyway. I tried to wear it a few times, but every time I was grossed out by the smell. I eneded up giving it to my niece who didn't mind the smell. Since then, before I even decide to purchase a lip product, I always make sure to smell it before to make sure I'm not put off by the scent.
The only way I would ever buy Spite again, which I do miss, is if the scent changes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Other reivewers have described this well: Spite is a medium-deep mauvey taupe brown. It has a cream finish with no shimmer or sparkle. This particular formula tends to lose its vanilla scent quickly, but I don't think that it necessarily means its gone bad. A regular application of color shows up true to the tube on me. However, I find the true color a bit too dark/grey/cool with my NC25 skin. But if I sheer it out a little bit (this is a very opaque gloss) and let some of my natural lip color show through, it becomes a more natural lovely mauvey beige shade on me. It darkens my lips just a bit, and its a great color to wear with a plummy brown eye. Its a great shade for fall!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by theAB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I think I just found my favorite lipgloss (possibly HG!) I have been looking for a color like this for so long! In the tube it appears to be a greyish brown, but swatched and on my lips it is a gorgeous plummy nude brown color. I love it! It doesn't need to be said that MAC Lipglasses can be a little bit sticky, but I'm willing to put that aside for this one. It's awesome. Every tan & darker skin girl needs this!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by beyondbelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite MAC lipglass and I am a frequent lipglass purchaser. For reference I am NC45 and this color creates the perfect nude lip for my complexion. Prior to purchasing this lipglass I used MAC 2N when attempting to achieve a nude lip but this works much better. I love this lipgloss so I will definitely be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by dreanicoley

This is the first lipgloss I have ever had that I kept up with and didn't lose. Seriously! I'm 27 too! Its so perfect with every look...dresses up or down. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by sfbond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG nude lip gloss. As an AA woman it's been a struggle to find the right shade for nude lips. This is it ladies. I pair this with MAC Fresh Brew lipstick and I feel like I hit the jackpot. Nice glossy nude lips. I've had other women stop and ask me what color am I wearing. It's just that good.