October 31, 2014 | 792 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Hot Tools - Professional Ion Dryer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 10:49:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I travel between North America and Europe very often and wanted a travel dryer with dual voltage. A girlfriend recommended Ht1044 Ionic 1875 Watt Travel Dryer with Folding Handle and Dual Votage. I have been using it for the past 6 months and am very happy with it.

First of all, this is a true dual voltage dryer and will not blow the fuse/voltage adapter out! The dryer is extremely lightweight and compact - very suitable for travelling and everyday usage. I've had heavier dryers in the past, and after drying my waist-length hair, my arm is always sore. Not with this one! There is only 1 heat setting - hot - with a cool shot button, but I find that it starts off with warmish air that gradually heats up to hot air. I don't find it too hot, and it works quickly even though I have only use the low setting (on European voltage, high setting can only be used in North America). The attachments included are useful as well - concentrator and finger diffuser. I use the concentrator for creating waves/curls in my hair while blow drying and the finger diffuser to smooth out the kinks in my naturally straight hair. Definitely recommend this dual voltage travel-sized blow dryer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence on this one. I wish I could maybe give 3 1/2 stars. It's actually pretty decent, but it's not exactly what I'm in the market for.

My dryer went out one morning so I had to hurry out and get one. I originally got a John Frida one that I didn't like, so I exchanged it at Ulta for this one. It was on sale, plus I had a coupon and I'm not sure to be honest, if would purchase at it's normal price.

I got it out, it has a nice silky-ish finish, but I can't stand the buttons. They are on the side where my palm is (holding in right hand) and normally I don't have a problem, but they are sharp edged, but curves like most other dryers. I also easily accidentally switch to a lower speed or heating frequently, especially because they are quite large. The unit itself is extremely lightweight however.

As far as the results of it, it's not bad. It gets hot, but can take up a little longer than I'm used to heat up, like around 10-20 seconds whereas I'm used it it being instant. It also smells like it's burning sometimes, but I smelled it at the demo in the Ulta I bought it from, so I hope that's just a normal thing. My hair is naturally straight and I get no big tangles (only from normal blowdrying), but it blows my hair straight whereas I was looking for something that would give me some volume.

It's kind of basic as it is, but performs nice and it makes my hair shiny as well. I just don't really see though anything too special about it to be normally paying $45 for it. I'd consider purchasing this again, but not after a debate with others.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ItsLeana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this dryer! It's super pretty and I was amazed at how fast it dried my hair; leaving it frizz free. I have super long, wavy hair, prone to frizz. I use it everyday with the diffuser attachment, which falls off. Highly annoying as you have to turn off the machine and snap it back on. Overall it's not a deal breaker I just have to use caution to avoid it falling off. I'm worried that the motor will die soon as I do use it everyday. Hoping I can get at least 2 years out of it, as I do really love it.

I have the pink vintage turbo ionic dryer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I heart my Hot Tools hair dryer! I have the hot pink one with the zebra print. It heats up nicely and is easy to handle. I got mine as a gift but I would purchase one myself if I ever needed to.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:57:00 AM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This dryer was an expensive piece of junk. It broke on the first use!

I have wavy hair that's not particularly thick or long. In fact, it doesn't even reach my shoulders. I was using the dryer with the included concentrator and a round brush when I heard a popping sound and it quit working. I didn't even get to finish drying my hair! Almost half of it was still wet and clipped on top of my head.

I tried unplugging, letting it cool down, and resetting it but nothing worked. I can hear a faint sound when I turn the switch on, but no air comes out at all.

The wort part is the hair that I did dry with it looks great! It makes the fact that it broke that much worse. Definitely not worth the risk though considering the price tag. I certainly won't be buying another one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoy this hair drier. I never spend very much money on hair styling tools, but this one attracted me (mainly because it is hot pink and zebra print). The only downside is that there isn't a warm air function or cool air function either. There is a cool push button, but I have had a Revlon drier in the past that actually had a cool setting on the switch so you didn't have to hold down a button. Overall I like this drier and it doesn't frizz my hair up (I have curly hair) like others do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Marla20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good normal hair dryer - I've had it for almost 5 years now. I like the ionic function and the cool shot button. I really only use this during the winter when it's too cold to let my hair air dry. During the summer I let my hair dry with some anti-frizz product in it, and it has a pretty natural curl/wave. I'd buy this again b/c I actually spent $136 on a T3 travel dryer from Nordstrom's and it broke the first second I turned it on, screw that - I'd only pay $35 max for a good dryer now. (and I even hear there's other great dryers for cheaper) but if you only dry your hair every so often - it's great!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by tw

This dryer was leaps and bounds better than my older one, but it's not really fair because the older one was a $15 drugstore special. The Hot Tools dryer was faster, quieter and lighter, and left my hair less dried out and frizzy. However, I have concluded any reasonably priced pro type dryer could say that. There was nothing special about it, and it started cutting out after less than a year of use, and that's not even using it every day. I later got an Ion dryer at Sally on sale at half price for $25 that was MUCH better (faster, quieter, and produces softer, shinier hair) than this dryer.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2005 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Amay25

I HATE the switches (and the fact you can't simply turn it on quickly to the highest speed). The cord tangles terribly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 12:11:00 PM More reviews by kedves

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the Hot Tools Professional Ion Ceramic version. It's okay, but nothing special considering the price. It gets super-hot if you like that; that feature isn't useful for me since I never turn it up past the midway point. (In fact, I have to close the door while using it so the smoke alarm in the next room doesn't think it's a fire!) It's heavy, and the switches are annoying to use. The heat and speed are supposedly on separate switches, but on mine, they seem to be linked--if you turn one up or down, the other does the same. It doesn't seem to be any less damaging to hair. On the positive side, it's sturdy, not high-pitched like a cheap dryer, and it does seem to leave hair glossier than a regular (non-ion) dryer.