April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Styling Products - Kiehls - Creme with Silk Groom

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

Love this product for my hair, I mix it with the kiehls silk groom serum for extra gorg hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 3:36:00 PM More reviews by shi1

I've really been trying to take care of my hair this year and I've heard that silicones, while they make your hair immediately silky and soft by coating it, it also prevents the good stuff from getting in and creates buildup on your hair. I've been washing my hair with silicone free shampoo, and I've been using this in the place of a hair oil. I've enjoyed the switch since my hair now feels lighter, requires less washing and seems to resist tangling.

The product is thick and white, and smells herbally. I like to use this two ways: either on wet/damp hair or dry. It works well both ways. You should put a small amount (I suggest starting with a pea size amount to begin with) and then rubbing it between your hands until it becomes clear before applying it to your hair. Take the time to even distribute it into your hair. It protects your hair from blow drying, and it also works nicely when your hair is dry to smooth hair making it silky soft. If you put too much it will feel heavy and gross so start with little and put more as needed. Do not use it on your roots.

There are a lot of people who have an issue with the packaging because of the consistency of the product. Its very thick so its hard to squeeze out. My solution to this is to store it upside down. Pricewise, it goes for 25.50$CAD/18$USD for 125ml. It seems like a lot initially, but with the amount that you use, one bottle will last a few years.

Its not a typical hair product that we are familiar with, but its worth a try. Kiehls is usually very generous with their samples so I suggest you give it a try if you are thinking about it. Its a good alternative to traditional hair oils.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by pointoforder

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I know this is a very old product, and you can tell by using it. It reminds me of something men would have used in the 1950s, and stuff like Queen Helene Cholesterol or Carrot Oil Cream - hair creams you find with the relaxer kits.
As other have mentioned, the smell and texture is like glue, and it does not squeeze out of the bottle easily. I guess it can work for people who don't like the feel of silicone on their hair (this uses lanolin instead). Though this leaves a bit of a stiff feel behind - not hard, like gel - more of a 'film' on the hair. I found, most of the time, it just made my hair look and feel dirty.

I think if your hair is seriously fried and you do not like silicone and you use this very sparingly on wet hair, it might work. Won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by shellyec

This stuff is the worst in terms of scent and consistency. It smells like school glue and it's so thick you can hardly get it out of the bottle. It didn't do anything special for my dry, kinky hair, but the smell was so bad I didn't try to experiment. I squeezed it down the toilet and returned the empty.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by promokaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG... but I think this only really works with very short (which I have) hair because the consistency is sooooo thick without a lot of "slip". I use it on my hair after it's dry, and it adds a bit of moisture back while helping to counteract the Houston humidity. It also works well as a heat protectant if I'm flat-ironing my hair. The packaging sucks (hard to squeeze the stuff out), but it will last you FOREVER... making it a decent value.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

If you are allergic to lanolin stay far, far away from this. It gave me huge welts along my neck / hairline. Well, at least it helped me learn about my lanolin allergy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lareinarumbera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

yuck. i did not like this at all. even though i used a small amount (about the size of a pea) and only used it on my ends, it made my hair look greasy and stringy after a few hours. the cream is very thick and is probably suited to someone with coarser/curlier hair - to the point where it's hard to get out of the bottle it comes in. maybe it didn't work for me because my hair type was too fine/wispy, but the bottle does say that it's weightless and all that... you should try and get a sample before you buy it, i know it works for some people but it may not work for you (and i can see now that i'm not the only one with less-than-glowing reviews of this product). if you want something lighter and less greasy, try the heat protective straightening cream in the tube, that worked amazingly for me. i would not buy it again; the greasy formula and hard-to-use bottle is just not worth the money i spent on it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by daylemclaren

I love this product. I see on here it has mixed reviews but i find it really good!! I use mine on dry hair. And its great for the days that i just want smooth hair rather than spiked on (i have a pixie cut) and it stops the frizz and fly aways and about 10 mins after its been on it makes my hair really really soft!! You definitely need to be careful for the amount you use. For my short thick hair i use about a pea sized amount and start mid way down smoothing it through with the left overs smoothed at the roots. I do agree that the bottle isnt the best desin i think either a pump bottle or tube will be better. But for the price it does last ages when you consider how tiny of an amount you need to use. I would definitely recommend this to others.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:05:00 PM More reviews by sophiedee

I cannot for the life of me understand what makes this product so popular. I keep seeing it in magazines and 'best of' lists, so finally I tried it. The results were horrendous; my hair was stringy, flat, and oily. And frizzy to boot. When I put the product on (wet hair), it made my hair sticky and impossible to untangle. I tried varying the amount, but no matter how much or little I used, the results were the same. It was like putting body lotion on your hair. The product is heavy and sticky, and has no ingredients that detangle hair. In conclusion, it makes your hair neither silky nor soft, and I would not buy or recommend this product. To anyone. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by junkieheaven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For me, this product has a very specific use - it's great for anti-frizz on a humid day when you have curly wild hair. And a little really does go a long way. You have to be really careful with it, otherwise it will go way greasy way fast. Having said that, the bottle lasts forever. I've had mine for, I don't know, 7 years? Because I only need it on hot humid days. Good for what it does. I give it a 3 because its use is very narrow, but if I ever finish the bottle, I would have no problem buying it again because it does its job well..

Oh yeah, and it's great on dry hair - the best, in fact