October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Foundations - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish - Mousse Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have this in Natural 02, which is an awful color. It doesn't even seem like this would match anyone's skintone because it is so bizarre. It looks someone took brown, orange and pink pigments, swirled them together, and made this color. I am an N/NW10-15 and this isn't even close to right for me. I bought Sparkling Blush and it wasn't that much better, and I had Natural for too long at that point, so I returned the Sparkling Blush.

The colors it comes in don't make a lot of sense, and there are no descriptions to make it easier. For example, on the Beauty.com website, the swatch of the color Vanilla makes it appear to be a pale green. I believe they have now eliminated the numbers associated with the colors, but the numbers were random so they didn't help either.

Now, regarding the foundation itself, it comes in a spray can, and after you depress the pump, more foundation trickles out for a couple of seconds, making it messy. The application isn't terrible, but I do notice that it makes my pores look very large, it isn't long wearing, and I am fairly oily within a couple of hours. The smell is also perfumey and bad, but fortunately it does dissipate. I also think that if you put SPF in foundation, it should be a minimum of 15, and this one is only 8. I will not be sorry to see this go, if I can actually stand it long enough to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 6:05:00 PM More reviews by emc22010

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

OMG, I absolutely adore this foundation. A little background. I am fair skinned with some redness from mild rosacea.. I overall have decent skin ( I use retin-a 5 nights per week) and am very good about sunblock. I have tried so many foundations whether it be powder, liquid, cream, etc. (and very expensive ones at that), that tend to make my skin look worse when it is on (makes skin look too dry, or too oily, or exaggerates pores, exaggerates any imperfection I may have)...And up until I rediscovered this amazing makeup I had given up using foundation altogether because it just didnt make sense to put stuff on your face that makes you look worse. When I was about 25 years old, I borrowed my mom's Elizabeth Arden flawless finish for a special occasion..and have to say it was outstanding.. loved it.. But, because I was a poor medical student I really couldnt afford it and just stuck with drug store foundations. ..I am obviously in a much better financial situation for the past 15 years (I am 44) and have tried every high end foundation that was out there, only to be disappointed. But then, just a couple of weeks ago, I remembered about the Elizabeth Arden mousse makeup that I loved so much.. I was so excited to see that the line had not been discontinued and I immediately bought it.. Eventhough I am now almost 20 years older than when I first tried this makeup, it is even BETTER than what I remembered.. It does what a foundation should do.. makes your skin look better. and is very natural .. there are many foundations that will give you that "flawlless look" but at the cost of looking like you are wearing a mask.. This is HG for me after all these years..

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My favorite foundation is Face Atelier Ultra Foundation, however, I discovered Flawless Finish Mousse a long time before I found Face Atelier, and I still love it. I carry it with me everywhere because it's a dream for touch-ups. It smooths and covers everything, even greasy spots, and makes it all look smooth again.The look Flawless Finish gives me is what I think people mean when they say certain makeup gives a "Porcelain Doll" finish (in texture, not color). Flawless Finish has remarkable coverage, yet it's the most light-weight skin perfecter imaginable. It has the feel of a primer, but the coverage of real foundation. On me, one layer of Flawless Finish Mousse has coverage comparable to EL DoubleWear,

I found Flawless Finish in "Honey" at my Ulta, and when I tried it on the back of my hand I was surprised. My Ulta had only two shades for sale (I had no idea until later that there are more shades available at Macy's, etc.): Beige and Honey. Honey melts right into my skin, although its color base is way more "pink/beige" than any other foundation I wear. Honestly, I don't understand how it manages to be such lovely shade for me. The color of the Honey Flawless Finish is quite similar to my Budget Days Holy Grail, Cover Girl Clean Makeup in "Soft Honey".

Had I read the ingredients list before I tried this product I would have assumed it was for very, very, very dry skin (and run away screaming, probably). I have no idea how chemists created a makeup containing mineral oil, petrolatum, and lanolin that looks so skin-like and impeccable on my oily skin. It's mind-boggling. (However, I recall my grandmother using the legendary Countess Isserlyn Liquid Makeup when I was a young girl, and people would literally stop her in the street to comment on her incredible skin.)

Flawless Finish doesn't settle into pores or lines, and, it's hard to believe: I don't need to set it with powder. It's almost as though it evaporates into a powder-finish. The actual "flawless" look this gives my skin is quite impressive. Of course I need occasional touch-ups here and there, as with anything. Nothing is going to stop oil production after all. However, aside from the early 1990s ultra-matte clay-like foundations, nothing has kept my face more oil free than Flawless Finish.

This foundation is worthy of "cult" status! I've never come across a foundation with such a light, airy texture and such natural-looking, yet thorough coverage.

Superb product.

Water/Aqua/Eau, Isobutane, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Isopropyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil/Paraffinum Liquidum/Huile Minérale, Propane, Isopropyl Myristate, Stearic Acid, Petrolatum, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lanolin, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Lanolin Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Triethanolamine, Lithium Stearate, Cellulose Gum,Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Eugenol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Butylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mintygreen02

i had a lady at the counter put some on my face and i could tell that even though it looked nice the color was way off. im fair skin toned and she picked out the lightest color there is but still fit on the darker side.can totally tell that elizabeth arden foundations lean toward more darker tones so if ur light skin you should consider trying it on or getting a sample first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Nuppu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

If you are looking medium to full coverage, this is not for you. If you are looking something to even out skintone or something lighter for weekends mu minimalist, it is. Mousse foam is very light and easy to apply with fingers. Excellent staying power. If you have oily skin you can skip this. If older and more dry skin, it might be perfect. No powder needed. My match is Sparkling Blush 01, a neutral colour.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by LAsCene

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was using this for 12 years. But, I changed to Clarins tinted moisturizer. I have been using Clarins for 3 years now. It seemed like Elizabeth Arden changed her formula of the flawless finish mousse makeup. I notice it settled into fine lines and wasn't as dewy as it used to be. I'm all about DEWY. Especially in the winter months. Hmmm.. maybe they went back to the orginal formula again with all these positive reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An absolute, standout star in my foundation collection. Time and time again, I find myself giving this my unconditional love. Which is extremely easy to do, given the ease of the coverage, the grace of the color match (Vanilla). My shade isn't too muddy. Stays true, as in does not turn orange, nor brown (a pet peeve of mine with any foundation). The whipped texture is a joy of a medium to work with, and can be readily adapted or built to anything you desire, from a light wash, to a veil, to a smooth, softly lit canvas. I've worn this in New Zealand, in Australia, Japan, and North America. I've worn this under stage lighting, to job interviews (and gotten the job), on casual weekends, and every day in-between. For me, a cannister lasts anywhere between 12-18 months, which, in of itself, is quite remarkable. I've re-purchased it four times. Categorically, unequivocally, one of the best foundations on the market.It's forgiving, and makes me feel 'pretty'. What more can I say?.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2011 2:11:00 AM More reviews by LilyFrances

I've been using this foundation for about two years. It feels like you're wearing nothing. After using this foundation everything else just feels heavy and gross. It lasts a long time (6 months - a year, with everyday wear). Sheer cover.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Alyonka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I''ve been bying this foundations for years. It does a great job of evening out my complexion without adding any weight. It's quite long lasting for how sheer it is and it gives my skin a matte finish. Sometimes I wish the foundation was a little more dewy but that's a matter of taste I guess. The packaging is hygenic and I have never had problem getting all the product out of the container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's about time I put in a review on this product. Especially since I'm still on the first bottle I ever bought 6 years ago - I kid you not! This stuff just keeps coming out of the bottle! Years ago, when I could not afford it, I splurged on this foundation and then only used it when I was 'going out'. Once my sister asked me what I was wearing. When I said Flawless Finish she commented, "I'll say! You look amazing!" Fast forward years later, I have lots of favorite foundations now that I switch between - and always this bottle of Flawless Finish when I wanted to 'splurge'! I'm beyond saving things for 'special' now, and I pulled my Flawless Finish out again today and thought I must be at the last possible application from this bottle! Let's use it up and go get a new bottle. Although I can see it's getting to the end I was still able to do my face, and actually had to remove some because I applied too much trying to get to the end of this bottle! My skin looks really good today, so I bought another bottle and will be using this product more and more for "everyday". I will keep using up my old bottle (it hasn't degraded I guess because of the vacuum packaging) and see how many more applications I get out of it! I used to think this was an expensive product, but I'm sure it's the same price it was years ago when I first bought it, and look how long it's lasted! That's value! Amazing. Oh and I have this in Vanilla.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No