August 27, 2014 | 1459 users online

Lip Treatments - The Body Shop - Grapeseed Lip Butter

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is probably the worst lip product I have ever used.

It felt really greasy in general when it was new and after about a week it became hard and lumpy. Also I could understand using it if it moisturized well or for a long period of time, but it doesn't I had to reapply not even 20 minutes later because my lips felt chapped.

It also tastes absolutely disgusting so I only used it for a couple days, I tend to nibble on my lips when I'm nervous and just the taste of it getting in my mouth was gross.

Not only that but it smells gross, my boyfriend opened it up because he needed chapstick and complained about how disgusting it is...trust me if your planning on kissing anyone don't get this, its kinda icky

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Did not keep my lips moisturized. Made it very greasy and does not last long at all. Taste very bad (and I didn't even lick my lips). Will not purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by 123123wow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It gives my lips a shine. However, it lasts at most, 20 minutes! It has absolutely no staying power! This is true of all body shop lip butters, regardless of scent. I'm not very fond of this grape seed scent.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ingenue

Great smell, terrible product. It goes on smooth, but does nothing to actually moisturize my lips...in fact, it dries it out after about 20min or so, causing me to constantly reapply. It's got a plasticky finish to it as well...yeeeech.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2007 9:44:00 PM More reviews by lovelyisntlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this lip butter, it goes on so soft, it doesnt last very long though.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2006 9:24:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll72485

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Cute container, but even though I usually love lip balms, this one tastes really gross. It's not quite plasitcky, but it taste/smells really strange and manufactured. The texture didn't do anything for me, but it might be because i was so grossed out by the scent. It's a scent i'd like in a body lotion, but not on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by LitHiUMx3

Mmm, nice creamy lip balm with a lovely clean scent. I love this stuff! I don't like the packaging because I hate having to carry around a brush or use my fingers but whatever, it's nice and moisturizing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 12:02:00 PM More reviews by joodles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing I like about this product is the green grapes scent. Despite the balm being thick and heavy, it doesn’t penetrate deeply to adequately moisturize my lips. Instead the product just sits on the surface, making my lips feel heavy and greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2006 10:18:00 PM More reviews by funkstar_G

despite it's nice smooth texture, it doesn't do much to moisturise and protect. it just sits on my lips overnight and when i wash it off the next morning my lips are still just as dry as they were before i put the butter on. the taste and smell is also fake and icky. what a waste of money. bleargh.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2006 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Yogal28

Got this when i run of lip balm and thought i try this as this look quite cute with the fruit pic on the top of the small green tube and yes the smell is heavenly, i like it very much but i hate the small tiny seed inside of the tube...i hate that and though it does moisturize well but any other product can do too minus the smell and quite troublesome, have to stir around and felt gritty on my lips. I didn't repurchase.