November 23, 2014 | 1855 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Diamancel - The Tough Buffer #11

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by 4lcloverab

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is simply the best foot file out there, no kidding! I bought mine about 10 years ago before you could really get them online. I ordered mine from a Zitomer catalog, which is a site worth visiting! Anyhow, I paid about $40 back then. It has not lost it's kick at all and I still love it today. I tell all of my friends to stop buying pumice and get this instead. It makes your feet as soft as can be. It is pretty soft on your feet and will get rid of a bit of dead skin or a ton of calouses.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A little too aggressive for my pedicured tootsies - but if you have very thick, rough calluses this could be a good option. I love the Diamancel line - but this one is a bit much for me. Be careful when using - you can slice your sole off.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by scomeau

Amazing product on very hard calluses. Definietely worth the investment, id di not think there was any hope for my feet, but diamancel products work, and last forever. Mine is 3 years old, good as new!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Pheebie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

bought this buffer over 7 years ago and have been using it regularly ever since. It still works as though it were brand new ~ definitely worth the seemingly hefty price tag. Personally, I’d rather spend $50 on something I’ll have for more than 5 years that works exceptionally well than to keep spending $2 on drugstore pumice stones that don’t work nearly as well and get funky quickly, needing to be replaced. (And that’s saying something for me, because I have tight-wad tendencies from time-to-time.) I use this buffer on dry feet, rinse, then apply a little Burt’s Bees Coconut Crème (which is really a balm, but I digress). Pad around in your sock feet for about ½ an hour, or leave on overnight & you’ll have the softest feet on your block. (Sorry this turned into a cross-over review for BB, but I always use the two together.) Mind you, if I get lazy and don’t Diamancel (that’s right – I turned it into a verb), and ONLY use the Burt’s Bees crème, the results aren’t nearly as amazing, so I know the Diamancel is doing its job.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lexamilly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought yesterday with footlogix callus softener...and OMG, my feet feel soft! I am amazed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An HG item. I bought this after developing a very deep, painful crack in my right heel. The Microplane Orb I'd had for a couple of years had gotten dull and was no longer effective, so I read a number of reviews before selecting this. I used the Diamancel in combination with Flexitol heel cream, and the deep crack was pain-free in a couple of days. Two weeks later, it was completely gone, and my ragged, scaly feet look and feel amazingly smooth.

Thanks to all for posting the positive reviews. I'm very happy to have found this, and I'm looking forward to many years of continued use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by beckabeck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

bought this several years ago, i guess i was expecting a miracle at first, so i wasn't overly impressed, not that i didn't like it, just that i felt i still had foot issues, but since the last person who gave me a pedicure commented on my feet, she said wow you have no calluses, i wish my feet were that soft, my sister pointed out that that is the third time we have heard this. so it got me thinking, what could have done that, i have had a standing job for 20 years, but i do use my diamancel once a week when i remember, i think now i will try and use more often

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 6:08:00 AM More reviews by modegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i said i'd buy this product again, but if i don't lose it or have it stolen from me, i don't think i'll have to! i've had this for 8 years now and it's still my go-to foot treatment. the way it works fits in naturally with the skin on your foot so it's not too much ever. i use it on my heels and on the heel of my big toes and it keeps the skin supple which is essential for my yoga practice.

i noticed recently when i was too lazy to use Diamancel this month and asked for one of those chemical callus peels during a pedicure. afterwards, it didn't get rid of all the heel stuff! but the skin on my heels felt really tight for days afterwards. i think it's because the chemicals sort of weaken the skin down many layers even if the top layer (the yucky stuff) stays on top. waste of my money too!

TIP: although i use it mostly when dry according to instructions, it actually works very well wet as well. you just have to rinse it after you've been working a bit because the skin doesn't fall away but sticks. i do this when i've neglected using it for awhile.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2009 2:44:00 AM More reviews by shanaralls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Best $45 I've ever spent. Have had it for a couple of years, and do NOT miss the constant cycle and expense of replacing cheaper, inferior files. It's expensive, yes, but it'll work out to be cheaper in the long run, and in said long run, I also get the use of a superior, hassle-free tool. I struggled with this purchase initially, thinking it was crazy to spend $45 on something I could get for $4, but then it came in the mail, and I've not doubted my decision for a second since the first use.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2009 5:23:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this buffer for almost 5 years, and it's wonderful! I use it on dry feet several times a week, and it keeps them in great shape. It is expensive up front, but it will last you many years. This is a definite HG product for me!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No