October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Eye Primer - Clinique - Touch Base for Eyes - Buff Lighting

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by xoxAllyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wear this as alone as it gives my lids just a hint of gold. Gorgeous color.

I've had this for a while now and it looks gorgeous for few hours then it fades and eventually my eyelids just look greasy. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by vivix

I don't understand the negative reviews (sorry), but it works great for me! I've had it for a whole year now, I still have some left (maybe a third?) and it definitely hasn't dried up or anything like that. I've never tried UDPP or TFSI but since I have this I don't need to. My eye makeup never disappears or smears or creases with this. I use it out of habit now, it evens out the skin tone on my eye lid. I will try the cream shadows next, but the super handy mirror in the lid will be missed dearly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by missmarkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Had I not received this as an extra in a swap, I probably would have never tried it. The texture is dry, which I actually like. I just use my finger to swirl around the top of the surface and I never get too much product. I use this all over my eyelids up to my browbone as a light wash of color (looks great with some liner and mascara and you're good to go) or as an eyeshadow base. It holds my eyeshadow all day and night, I'm pretty impressed with the staying power. I usually use Mac Frostlite fluidline as a base but I find that this is much easier to blend all over my lids than Frostlite. Great product, and I'd definitely buy it when this GWP size runs out, although I think that I prefer the GWP packaging (small round pot).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:39:00 PM More reviews by HaloCom

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Clinique Touch Bases are somewhat sentimental to me because they are one of the first cosmetic items I started using. I recently came back to them because I was searching for the perfect lightly shimmery gold e/s. This doesn't quite fit the bill in terms of color (I bought it sight unseen online), but I was pleasantly surprised by the smooth texture and staying power. I thought they had a drier texture, but the one I got is creamy and soft - very easy to apply without tugging. The color is a bit lighter than I expected (in MAC colors, I can wear NC or NW 25-30 depending on the formula/time of year, and on me, the Touch Base showed up as a less shimmery version of the pale gold/champagne color in the NARS All About Eve duo). It makes a great e/s base and has enough of yellow/peach to even out slight discoloration on my lids. I haven't had any problems with creasing or fading (for reference, LM creme shadows creased on me and MAC paints felt heavy and were difficult for me to spread thinly enough). I use this on it's own with a thin line of BB Bronze gel liner and mascara on weekends; for weekdays, I use it as a shadow base and it adds a little glow to my usually neutral look. Compared to some other products I've tried, this is a bargain at $13.50 for its versatility and performance and I'll continue to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2007 1:38:00 PM More reviews by HaloCom

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2005 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Phira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this so much. I purchased it after reading the reviews here and it did nothing to stop the creasing of my shadow. I think I have the greasist eyes on the planet. Yesterday I noticed that I had two pimples on my eye lids. The ONLY product I have been using is the touch base so it must be the culprit. Who the heck gets pimples on their eye lids? ME.
Nothing but crap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 11:33:00 AM More reviews by misstayva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is GREAT! It has a great colour to it, and makes for a great eyeshadow base (no more creeping or fading). Worth every penny it costs!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2004 10:20:00 AM More reviews by ashlye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to love this product. I am happy with the color, buff lighting... I love that it can even be worn alone as a wash over the entire lid. However, I hate the packaging... the compact is fine, but I've found if the compact is not shut very tightly, the product will dry out very quickly. Also, I had a compact that was a few months old. I hadn't used it in a while and when I opened it back up, the product was completely dried up to the point where the product couldn't be used anymore and had to be thrown out. Therefore, I might buy this again, but only if I knew I would be using it everyday so I would at least get my money's worth

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2004 5:00:00 AM More reviews by eternal_sunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Clinique's touch base line! I have used the buff lighting all summer on days when I didn't feel like wearing much make up. I just apply a little of this and some mascara and I'm out the door! Is also great to wear underneath your regular eye shadow. Makes it stay in place and last longer through out the day! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2004 5:57:00 AM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Another shade I love! Really brightens up eyes to make them *pop*. As with all Touch Base for Eyes I just adore the quality on this! Use this as an eye shadow base to make e/s last all day crease free. Enjoy :)