Tweezerman Blackhead/Blemish Extractor

4.2

on 8/21/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Please be very careful with this. It did remove my blackheads but now I have scars on my face and nose that don't seem to be going away. I regret ever using this, I would rather have black heads then ugly scars/marks on my face. Use this very careful otherwise you'll be left with scars as well. I'm just hoping they go away soon.

on 5/22/2015 10:31:00 AM

This is the worst for skin u have to press hard, Then leaves a very red deep pressure point, maybe if you had A bulging zit for a year or two u let it get that way you'd easily extract something but safe as a .regular daily tool you'll end up looking insane its pure shit

on 4/30/2015 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It works OKAY.

PRO'S: wiggles some blemishes out.

CON'S
Has to be pressed hard against skin to be effective.
Difficult to clean/sanitize the small hoops

on 4/13/2015 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

haven't used this nearly as much as i thought i would. partly bc i haven't had as many blemishes & blackheads lately & partly bc it's not as gentle as i'd hoped. it does work & it's def better than digging at yr face w/ yr nails (as long as you sanitize it), but i have to press really hard for it to do much & that's a little too harsh for my skin. would probably work better for those w/ less sensitive/reactive skin. think i'll save it for truly stubborn cases & otherwise let my skin be.

on 3/6/2014 10:37:00 PM

Ok I have had some pretty sad adult acne now for over 3 years I sadly didn't find this until this year. This will save your skin from scars if you use it correctly because if you are just pinching blemishes with your fingers your nails will take off a small layer of skin whereas this just helps extract it with little to none damage to the skin - use it on blemishes that are close to the surface ( anything deep you may just push further into your pore) ... This is a definite necessity for those with moderate acne

on 2/22/2014 12:45:00 AM

I have had not so great acne (read: I have to wear a full face of makeup each day to not look red with acne scars and active blemishes) for going on 16 years now, even into adulthood. I cannot believe that all the dermatologists I went to and friends that I consulted about my acne through the years never mentioned this kind of tool! I would have learned from a facialist I guess, but I spent my whole life being afraid that spa products and hands all over my face would break me out so I avoided them. I feel totally betrayed and like I missed out on many years of better controlling my breakouts with an extractor!

Anyway, the point is that this thing works for clearing open comedones. And I am now addicted to it.

For the first week, I went to town on my face every day. That was a rewarding experience in that I got so much gunk out of my skin that had been festering there for so many years. I had tried tons of salicylic acid washes and the like, but there was a lot left to extract. Pore after pore yielded stringy sebum filaments and once-stubborn blackheads.

After that, I went into maintenance mode. I use the Tweezerman extractor probably 3 times per week after a hot, steamy shower. I use a washcloth with hot water on it to additionally warm up my face after the shower. Then I gently press with the extractor on heavy pore areas like the nose and on problem pore areas in other parts of my T-zone. For the open pores, this thing is very effective and gets them nice and clean. But for the closed comedones or small little under skin bumps, I only have occasional success. You're not supposed to push too hard on those, but occasionally I find one that has been exfoliated enough that it responds to gentle pressure. Whenever I get those, I know that I am preventing a future blemish which is such a happy feeling.

Overall, I'm now using this to control apparent pore size on my nose and to do preventative care on my pores to fight breakouts. It's not a miracle worker and I'm not 100% clear, but my face is visibly cleaner. All of those sebum plugs are now kept much more under control and some of the more irregularly sized pores are closing up and blending in again. It's a great discovery. And I'm only sorry it took me so long to figure this out.

The price could be cheaper, definitely. I lucked out and bought a few generic (but absolutely high quality, stainless steel replicas) of the Tweezerman product while in China. They work like a charm in exactly the same way as the original and only cost me $2 each.

on 7/23/2013 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is terrible for your skin!! Ugh. I watched a youtube video showing how to use this to make sure that I wouldn't severely damage my skin and after gently, GENTLY, applying a heated washcloth to my skin and then GENTLY applying pressure with the extractor, BARELY anything came out and my skin looked red and SO IRRITATED 24 hours after using it! For $11 at Rite-Aid, this is going back!

on 3/2/2013 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First off, when use using any tool like this it is a good idea to get yourself a good magnifying mirror. Mine is 12X. The amount of stuff I get out of my pores with this thing is amazing, because with the mirror I can actually see what's coming out. This tool works better than any cheap one I have bought too, perhaps because of the shape. I am lucky that you can't see my blackheads if you met me, but you can sure see them with this mirror. This tool gets rid of them and I don't even have to press very hard. Then again, I have never used a tweezerman product that has not been great.

on 2/6/2013 11:06:00 AM

I had tried one of these a decade ago and never got the hang of it. My blackheads have steadily gotten worse and I used to (carefully) squeeze them with my fingers. I saw one of these on a clearance rack and decided to give it another try. With a little practice and a magnifying mirror, I got the hang of it and am astounded at the number of smaller blackheads I can now get with little or no evidence of redness to my skin. It's like a miracle! I just wish I had been more patient 10 years ago continued >>

on 11/13/2012 1:31:00 PM

This product caused my small blackheads to turn in to big red raging spots! i am never using it again, i have chucked it in the bin. Do not buy it! such a waste of money. I was so excited for it, thinking that finally i would have better skin, but how wrong was I! Very disappointing.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools