September 21, 2014 | 2091 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Bain Satin 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by juno2509

Me gusta bastante este champú. Es un de mis favoritos

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Has an old lady smell perfume to it , don't mind but kind of odd for such a high end product. Really no different to most standard line of shampoo, couldn't justify the price and hair didn't look or feel amazing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got the shampoo and conditionner in a beauty boxe but I can't remember wich one.

They were okay but nothing amazing, I didn't really noticed any results. The only thing that I noticed is that my hair felt heavier. I didn't really liked the smell either, it was really floral-old-lady like.

I would not purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by clioariane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I felt like upgrading my hair routine and decided to splurge on a salon brand, so after reading rave reviews about this product I decided to give Kerastase Bain Satin 2 a try. I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner, Lait Vital, from the same line together for an acceptable price (€36) from feelunique.com. The shampoo is opaque and has a creamy texture, and lathers very well with just a quarter-size of product. The smell is vaguely floral but not too synthetic smelling or overpowering. My hair feels very clean, silky and moisturized when using this shampoo, especially when used with the conditioner. This bottle has lasted me over half a year already and I have long hair, so a little definitely goes a long way. I'm a huge fan of this line and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I agree that this is overrated, it's not terrible but for the price it certainly isn't all that great either. Bain 2 is a thicker shampoo with a soapy scent for those with dry and sensitised hair. I did not felt that my hair got really clean with this shampoo and after rinsing my hair also felt dry and straw like, I needed allot of conditioner to make my hair feel soft again. I don't mind spending more on good products, but this is not worth it imo. This isn't even better than a average drugstore shampoo and I would not purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Samdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually have dry and frazzle-y looking hair, but since using this, my hair has become so soft and silky! I always try different shampoos but not usually so expensive. My hair stylist recommended this to me after I moaned about my hair troubles and thought I'll give it a shot.

I have used Bumble & Bumble before which is also £16 but the Keratase actually made a noticable difference! I know it's expensive, which is why I don't always use it. Just maybe twice a week.

It's very strong formula so I wouldn't recommend for you to use this everyday/every other day etc... It is free of fragrances and so don't expect it to smell divine! It's mainly to cleanse the hair thoroughly and condition it from root to tip. I was also told you should only use a tiny amount (like a 10p size, not sure what the American equivalent coin size would be hah), therefore, a bottle should last you quite long. The lady also mentioned that if you use too much it could do the opp and make your hair greasy!

I use my normal conditioner with it (Tresemme) and get soft silky hair! I don't like to spend so much on necessity products but for the effect it has had on my hair and the time one bottle lasts I would but again (and I have!)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 9:26:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

Where do I start with the bad? This shampoo is disgustingly terrible, overrated and very expensive.

First off this shampoo is advertised as a luxurious, high end, amazing quality salon exclusive shampoo which delivers incomparable results yet it is full of sulfates, artificial fragrance, silicone and other synthetics. I'm not certain how this makes it a high end shampoo when the ingredient list doesn't differ too much from cheaper drugstore brands.

Secondly this shampoo is just awful. It does absolutely nothing. It doesn't add moisture, control frizz, make hair manageable, keep hair tangle free, make hair smoother, make hair softer or even smell good. It left my hair in a huge tangled frizzed out knot which smelled like plastic.

Bottom line, this shampoo sucks, you'll see better results with a $4.99 drugstore brand shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by emodel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I love a couple of Kerastase products, so I wanted to love this shampoo. Well, it is ok, but nothing great for the $40 price tag. It doesn`t moisturize that well, and I hated the `recommended` thermique line so now this one is just ok, ughh. I will use it up for now but already bought a Pureology and a Goldwell shampoo to replace it once this one is mostly gone. The Kerastase green bottled shampoo (the one with protein) made a much bigger difference in my hair so I think that is my favorite shampoo from Kerastase, but there are other lines for shampoo and conditioner that are better!!! (For heat styling though the dual Kerastase serum or the Nectar Thermique is unique and really the best!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

For reference: I have thick hair, dyed red, healthy lengths that are not dry at all but fried, raw-looking ends (just like spaghetti when wet).

I switched to this because I thought Kerastase Chroma for coloured hair was not softening or moisturizing enough (though it's great for protecting my red dye). Well, it seems that I've made a big mistake. This left my hair very stripped and squeaky, with zero feel of nutrition or care. It strips my hair colour noticeably and it also managed to tangle my mid-length very straight hair - which rarely gets tangled. Nothing that cannot be sorted out with conditioner, but why pay so much when it performs exactly like Aussie Color Mate shampoo that comes at a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to shampoo. I will stray from it occasionally because I tend to have product ADD, but I always come back to it. I have fine, color-treated hair. This cleanses my hair without stripping it. It moisturizes my hair without weighing down. I simply love it!
EDIT 9/15/13: I can't use this shampoo all of the time. I've found that I can use it for a while, but then I have to switch to something else because my hair starts to look dull and flat. I still love this shampoo. I just have to use it sporadically.