Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Bain Satin 2

3.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cyclodextrin, Glycerin, PPG5-Ceteth-20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Methylparaben, Cocamide Mipa, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Salicylic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Carbomer, Ethylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Linalool, Limonene, Glyceryl Linoleate, Glyceryl Oleate, Safflower Glucoside, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Glyceryl Linolenate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Parfum/Fragrance.

on 1/6/2015 9:27:00 AM

This is a good and mild shampoo for slightly dry hair, but it strips color a bit more than other shampoos and with continued use leaves a bit of a residue on your scalp. It's surely not a miracle product, and does nothing to improve very dry or damaged hair. This is not a surprise if we look at the very basic and simple ingredient list. The smell is not very strong, kind of powdery-floral, but there is nothing that justifies the ridiculous price.

on 12/23/2014 4:17:00 PM

Kerastase is by far the best shampoo, makes wonders for my dry hair which is coloured monthly and is the second step in the ritual of having a long healthy hair, after the color protection shampoo. The final result worths the money

on 11/30/2014 11:24:00 AM

I only fell in love with kera after using this one.I had so so experience with oleo relax and curl lines, they did nothing too much for my hair. I usually stick to body shop line for non sls and no silicon promise, however, TBS one does dry hair out, so I'd alternate with satin Bain.
Anyway, it is a very moisterizing for my thick and permed hair, it would de tangle hair quite obviously if my perm is not done properly. However it would still be too rich for oily scalp, so it is also nice to get the scalp treatment one together.
I'd recommend this product to anyone with dry or easily tangled hair. however, the price is not so worthy because a simple olive oil hair musk routine would do a even better job.

on 9/10/2014 7:56:00 AM

Me gusta bastante este champú. Es un de mis favoritos

on 5/23/2014 6:45:00 PM

Has an old lady smell perfume to it , don't mind but kind of odd for such a high end product. Really no different to most standard line of shampoo, couldn't justify the price and hair didn't look or feel amazing!

on 4/18/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got the shampoo and conditionner in a beauty boxe but I can't remember wich one.

They were okay but nothing amazing, I didn't really noticed any results. The only thing that I noticed is that my hair felt heavier. I didn't really liked the smell either, it was really floral-old-lady like.

I would not purchase.

on 3/17/2014 5:38:00 PM

I felt like upgrading my hair routine and decided to splurge on a salon brand, so after reading rave reviews about this product I decided to give Kerastase Bain Satin 2 a try. I bought both the shampoo and the conditioner, Lait Vital, from the same line together for an acceptable price (€36) from feelunique.com. The shampoo is opaque and has a creamy texture, and lathers very well with just a quarter-size of product. The smell is vaguely floral but not too synthetic smelling or overpowering. My hair feels very clean, silky and moisturized when using this shampoo, especially when used with the conditioner. This bottle has lasted me over half a year already and I have long hair, so a little definitely goes a long way. I'm a huge fan of this line and will repurchase!

on 1/10/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I agree that this is overrated, it's not terrible but for the price it certainly isn't all that great either. Bain 2 is a thicker shampoo with a soapy scent for those with dry and sensitised hair. I did not felt that my hair got really clean with this shampoo and after rinsing my hair also felt dry and straw like, I needed allot of conditioner to make my hair feel soft again. I don't mind spending more on good products, but this is not worth it imo. This isn't even better than a average drugstore shampoo and I would not purchase this again!

on 11/16/2013 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I usually have dry and frazzle-y looking hair, but since using this, my hair has become so soft and silky! I always try different shampoos but not usually so expensive. My hair stylist recommended this to me after I moaned about my hair troubles and thought I'll give it a shot.

I have used Bumble & Bumble before which is also £16 but the Keratase actually made a noticable difference! I know it's expensive, which is why I don't always use it. Just maybe twice a week.

It's very strong formula so I wouldn't recommend for you to use this everyday/every other day etc... It is free of fragrances and so don't expect it to smell divine! It's mainly to cleanse the hair thoroughly and condition it from root to tip. I was also told you should only use a tiny amount (like a 10p size, not sure what the American equivalent coin size would be hah), therefore, a bottle should last you quite long. The lady also mentioned that if you use too much it could do the opp and make your hair greasy!

I use my normal conditioner with it (Tresemme) and get soft silky hair! I don't like to spend so much on necessity products but for the effect it has had on my hair and the time one bottle lasts I would but again (and I have!)

on 11/16/2013 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where do I start with the bad? This shampoo is disgustingly terrible, overrated and very expensive.

First off this shampoo is advertised as a luxurious, high end, amazing quality salon exclusive shampoo which delivers incomparable results yet it is full of sulfates, artificial fragrance, silicone and other synthetics. I'm not certain how this makes it a high end shampoo when the ingredient list doesn't differ too much from cheaper drugstore brands.

Secondly this shampoo is just awful. It does absolutely nothing. It doesn't add moisture, control frizz, make hair manageable, keep hair tangle free, make hair smoother, make hair softer or even smell good. It left my hair in a huge tangled frizzed out knot which smelled like plastic.

Bottom line, this shampoo sucks, you'll see better results with a $4.99 drugstore brand shampoo.

Popular Shampoos