July 30, 2014 | 989 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Moisture-rich body lotion (any)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

I've come to the conclusion that BBW is my midlife crisis (that, and nail polish---but that's another subject), It's not a problem, I guess---there are certainly more expensive midlife crises. I went a little nuts at the SAS sale and bought about eight bottles of lotion----several Rainkissed Leaves, and also Juniper Breeze, Cotton Blossom, Wild Honeysuckle, and Black Amethyst (which is a much sweeter scent than I normally like, but it snared me). I already have my beloved Twilight Woods.

Now it's true, as many say, that BBW lotions aren't THE most moisturizing in the world---but they ARE good. And with regular, diligent use, they will keep your hands in excellent shape. I have BBW lotions to thank for the complete healing of my hands. I do a lot of cleaning (using harsh products, and I never have the patience for gloves) and hand washing....my hands are normally rough, dry, cracked, and bleeding. Plus there is a persistent patch of eczema on my wristbone. My holy grail lotion is Aveeno, but I'm not consistent in using it, sadly. BUT----because I like the scents of BBW lotions, I reach for them much more often. As a result, I have baby-smooth hands for the first time in a LOOOOOONG time.....and the eczema is gone.

Yeah, the scents are strong---but I bought them because I want to be able to smell them. Maybe they aren't the most sophisticated, expensively-produced scents out there----so what? You know what you're getting upfront----a decent, good-smelling product from a mall chain, not a Chanel product that you have to take out a loan to buy. I got over pretentious, overpriced products decades ago.

So I have nothing negative to say about BBW lotions. They get the credit for my nice new hands.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

Okay maybe it's just me, but when B&BW recently changed their formulas, the scent of these lotions became chemically, or like plasticy. I can't stand the scent of these lotions, they make me sick to my stomach :( The scents I love are just masked by an overwhelming plastic scent. Anything lotions I have prior to the change and still fine and smell wonderful. I'm on a hunt for a new lotion now. I just have some many new ones that i'm going to have to just throw away.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by scoobydoles

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used B&B's products off & on for about 10 yrs. When I was younger, it was all about the scent. I didn't care how moisturizing it was...but at the same time, I also fried myself in the tanning bed, so obviously care of my skin wasn't a big priority. Yes, the smells are wonderful, but they seem to fade after awhile. I do like Victoria's Secrets' lotion, they seem more moisturizing & the scents are stronger....maybe they have more oils or something. If I get B&B as a gift, fine, but won't be putting anymore of my money towards it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 8:50:00 AM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this lotion pretty well. It takes a little while to sink in, so I like to use it better at night. The scent I have is Juniper Breeze, and it's pretty strong. Maybe I would like this better if the fragrance wasn't so over-powering.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2006 2:56:00 PM More reviews by kbb2008

I never buy anything from BBW, but I'm always getting their stuff as gifts at Christmas, so it's tough to get away from it. Every woman I know has used at least one of these products in her life; most of them still do. But I think that this fact is not really due to the quality of the product; rather, it's the allure of the fun, familiar scents, plus the fact that there's a BBW in every mall and they're always having sales.

Anyway, on to the review. BBW body lotions are just really average. Ubiquitous, but average. The scents are nice for the most part, but they really don't moisturize well -- they do an okay job, but it's barely even enough to counteract the drying effects of their matching shower gels (which is a whole other issue.) The scent also doesn't last at all. You'll reek for about an hour, but then it will completely disappear, even if you layer the matching shower gel and lotion. I did this with Cherry Blossom (yes, a Christmas gift) this morning, and by noon the scent was entirely gone.

In conclusion, there are much better bath and body products out there. You may have to spend a bit more, but I swear it is worth it to stop buying these things. Life is just too short. Personally, I plan to start taking it to the next level, which is going to be swapping away the BBW products I constantly get as gifts. They'll be better off with someone who's a little less picky about quality.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by and_crystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in Sun-Ripened Raspberry as a gift, and I wasn't too thrilled with the scent, but I like how the moisture-rich body lotion is MUCH better than the regular Bath & Body Works lotion. The regular one has NO moisturizing properties at all and leaves my skin very uncomfortable. Get the moisture-rich body lotions instead, they're awesome! But I'd only get them on sale, as they're pretty steep - around ten bucks. Note: I don't think BBW makes these anymore, I can't find them on their website or in their stores. Sigh....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2004 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Fates

The lotions are pretty moisturizing without being too greasy and I like the variety of scents that they have. Some of my favs are night blooming jasmine, mango mandarin, cucumber melon, and vanilla bean noel!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2004 11:28:00 PM More reviews by bgywgy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have decided I don't like B&BW lotions. They are way too overly scented, and for the price don't do much more than a cheap drugstore brand. I'd rather spend my $$ elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2004 1:06:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonKitty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My collection consists mostly of these. I have tons of scents and I really love them. The lotion soaks right in and leaves my skin really smooth. The variety of scents is amazing. My favorites are sweet cinnamon pumpkin, cotton blossom, rich citrus cream, warm vanilla sugar, and I go through periods with others too. You have to be in the mood for a lingering fragrance because these last all day! Even though there are other lotions I like as well. I always will come back to these!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2004 11:08:00 AM More reviews by SoccerOreo11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Nice smelling, good price, moisturizing--what bad thing can I say?? This stuff is awesome.