October 22, 2014 | 1867 users online

Skincare - Body - Vaseline - Water resistant lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2006 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Anna_Copa_Cabana

I was a swimmer through childhood, high school, and college and the chlorine wreaked havoc on my super-sensitive skin. I may actually have been allergic to it. This lotion was the only thing that saved my skin and I didn't even discover it until my last few years in the pool. I put it on right after showering and it prevented the whole itchy, red, peely cycle altogether. When I got back in the water, I was very slippery which at least meant that I was somewhat guarding myself from the chemicals. Of course after three hours, that effect definitely dissapated. Anyway, this stuff was a godsend for me, which of course means it was discontinued. Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion has been a pretty darn good replacement though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by blueobsession

My friend uses this and I decided to try it out today. Seems to moisturize well. Irritates my sensitive skin a very little bit. I have my own HG lotion but I'd probably buy this if they discontinued it or if I want a change.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 11:45:00 AM More reviews by HRenfrewgrl

This lotion makes my skin itchy and I'm not fan of the smell either...Eww...waste of money...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2004 3:37:00 PM More reviews by takemyhusbandplz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I ran out of my HG Hand lotion Silicone Glove by Avon. While this Vaseline lotion is nice it really isn't water resistant like my Silicone Glove. It is moisturizing and it has a bit more scent than my HG Silicone Glove. I would have gave this one 4 lippies, but it sometimes goes on a bit sticky...has anyone else noticed this? I would repurchase, but only in a pinch!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2003 12:24:00 AM More reviews by KITTYCC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product works great. I use it right after I take a shower and it keeps my skin soft and moisturized all day. Does wonders on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2003 2:37:00 PM More reviews by AlleyCat415

I got this as a sample when I bought something else and it was the first time I had ever run out to buy a full size of any sample ever. This works miracles on my hands. It lasts and lasts and makes my dry skin there just smooth as silk! I tried it out on my body but I prefer it better for my hands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2003 6:51:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a free sample of this lotion when it came out a couple years ago and used it up super-fast. Right away, I ran out and got a big bottle. This is a nice lotion, especially to use right out of the show to seal in moisture. When I ran out, I stopped using it in order to try some other stuff. Right now I'm looking for a good, all-purpose, super-hydrating, unscented lotion, so perhaps I'll go back to this. It's cheap and as with all Vaseline products, you get a lot of product for your money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2003 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kimbleB

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since it first came out many years ago. In the warmer months I do a lot of swimming in chlorinated water and in salt water. It wreaks absolute havoc on my hair and skin. I hate the feeling of a cloying, heavy lotion to hydrate my skin and went thru many before I discovered the water resistant lotion. It hydrates wonderfully without feeling heavy and does actually last longer than most. It is water-*resistant* not water-proof so don't expect miracles but it saved my water-battered skin.
It says it's unscented but it has the nicest understated sweet scent.