July 28, 2014 | 1781 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

It took me a long time to finally relent and purchase a pot of this and even when I did I still didn't use it straight away. The main reason was my scepticism over how BRILLIANT this could actually be, given all the hype it's gained in the beauty world and how many beauty bloggers seem to rave about it on a daily basis. I've found in the past that the more a product seems to be hyped up the more likely it is I'm going to hate it and subsequently resent the (usually high) price I paid for it. So I'm not ashamed to say that where this product is concerned I was wholeheartedly wrong.

I'm not one for using lip balms on a regular basis, mainly because I hate that slippery, filmy feeling they leave and because more often than not they do anything but moisturise my lips. I'm also allergic to lanolin (no Lanolips for me!) and anything with petroleum or petrolatum in it (step forward Vaseline) brings me out in horrible, itchy red bumps round my mouth. But it's fair to say that Reve de Miel is different. I don't use this as a daytime balm as it's way too thick and heavy for me, but as a night time balm before bed this is a wonder. I wake up in the morning and my lips feel lovely and soft, well moisturised and not at all oily feeling. The smell of this is also lovely - a mixture of ripe oranges and honey.

Finally this gets two big thumbs up from me because on the box it states 'NUXE sponsors beehives to participate [in] the protection of bees'. I'm a massive advocate of saving the world bee population (believe me, we need them far more than they need us) so even the hefty Ģ10.00 price tag doesn't put me off. Will definitely be buying more when my pot finally runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical about this lip balm, since like most people I've tried a lot of lip balms and usually they're all the same. In the past the only thing that has helped my lips when they were chapped was Carmex but this stuff blows everything out of the water!! I've had 3 occassions where I stopped using a lip balm at night, as I am prone to doing, and my lips got chapped. Used this for a few nights in a row and voila! Perfect, soft, supple lips. I'm not sure what in this works for me but it's magical and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fantastic balm for really dry, sore lips. I've been using it throughout winter, before bed, and it's very soothing. I quite like the thick, non-sticky texture. It has an almost gritty feel at first, but it sinks into the lips very quickly. Nice smell too, and I don't normally like honey-scented products. This one has a very subtle scent. The little pot is cute and looks nice on my bedside table - not a product that you need to hide in a drawer! I'll continue using this until it runs out, and will probably repurchase. It's a bit more expensive than other lip balms, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG lip balm!! And I'm not exaggerating. Everyone should give this a try cuz it works!

I used this at night before going to bed. I don't think the texture would work with other lip products during the day, but it doesn't matter cuz applying this at night works just as well. I wake up with the softest and smoothest lips I've ever had every morning that I don't even need to scrub before applying lipstick or use lip balm/gloss during the day.

I bought mine from Skinstore and it's pricier than your drugstore lip balm but cheaper than Fresh lip balm that I like but not even comparable to this. Totally worth the price cuz it lasts long and the smell/flavor is heavenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only balm that works for matt lips. Period. It stays on and is super moisturising. However, I'm not a fan of the honey taste so I guess I'l just finish this one up and see if I can get my hands on the stick balm version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I want to preface this review by saying that this may be the best lip balm, ever. Seriously, I applied the silky smooth texture at night and woke up with fabulously smooth lips in the morning that felt hydrated and ready. The packaging is so luxe and delightful too, it is hard to dislike this product.

Unfortunately, something really bothered me about this product. It was the fact that I could not find an actual ingredient list from this product online. It was not on the NUXE website. I investigated this and found two or three conflicting ingredient lists online, which made me curious as to why it was so hard to figure out what the ingredients were in a simple lip balm. Well, finally I got a hold of the ingredients list, which lists octinoxate as an ingredient for sun protection. Octinoxate is only protective against UVB rays. It has garnered attention because in many studies, it has been shown to have some estrogenic effects and there is a concern regarding bioaccumulation (how much/long the chemical stays in the body). This particular ingredient is used in a host of products, which makes it hard to avoid, but since there is quite a bit of troubling evidence, I think it is worth reconsidering.

Please find more information here:

PS: There is much more evidence that this chemical may be harmful than there is for parabens. If you are someone who looks to avoid all of these kinds of products, I suggest thinking twice before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

This is one of my most beloved French Pharmacy cosmetics!

Itīs very nourishing and moisturizing- leaving you lips plump and even.
The texture is very thick so a little goes a long way and the ingredients are, if I remeber correctly, mostly of natural origin. It also makes for a good night treatment because of the texture.
I have repurchased his a couple of times, which is always a good indicator, if I really liked a product.

The smell reminds me of lemon cakes. Yum!
The only thing that I noticed to be really different about this product (apart from the fact that I think itīs one of the best lip balms out there, of course) is that it is more on the matte side regarding itīs texture.
So if you want your lips to be very shiny you have to apply another balm on top.
I usually like the matter finish though so I leave them that way.

The price is okay for this product, I think. Itīs about 10 €- depends on where you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm after watching YouTube makeup guru essiebutton rave about this product. So when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go to city pharma and pick a couple of these up for €6.50 each. The product itself smells like sweet citrus honey, it is very thick and leaves your lips with a white coating. I use this before bed, but I find its not as moisturizing as my Dior creme de rose. But overall it does a decent job. I would keep using this until its done.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by CatClosser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just received this in the pot (for bed side) and in stick form (to keep in my purse) and I absolutely LOVE it!!

Now keep in mind that this is a lip balm and not a lip gloss. it doesn't leave your lips shiny or glossy but it does leave them soft and moisturized. It lasts a lot longer than any other lip balm I've tried and I've tried a lot of different ones.

I was a bit surprised when I first opened it because it looked a bit odd. I expected it to have a glossy, translucent look in the tub but it doesn't. It's matte and opaque. Mine was filled to the brim so here was no wasted space in the glass tub. There is a slight scent but it smells nice, kind of a light honey scent. I don't notice a flavor at all.

I use the tub version at night before bed and it lasts all night long. I wake up in the morning with soft lips. The stick form doesn't last as long as the tub but that's ok. I like having the convenience of having it in a tube so I can keep it in my purse and don't mind reapplying it every few hours or so.

I think the tub will last me a while but I will definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2014 7:08:00 PM More reviews by teghanm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so conflicted on this product. I heard SOOOO much good stuff about it, and my lips were horrendously cracked and dry due to the weather, so I figured I would just spend the money and buy it. First off - I absolutely LOVE the smell of it. It's a calming, honey scent but it also has orange in it? Like a citrusy honey smell. Glorious. I also love the texture. It's not similar to any other lip balm, not waxy or watery or anything like that. It's creamy and nice. And it stays on forever. But my problem with this is that it didn't seem to actually DO anything. My lips didn't seem to benefit. I mean, it was nice when it was on my lips, and it FELT moisturising, but ultimately I saw no improvement in my dry lips. When the balm would come off, my lips didn't feel healthier or moisturised, they just felt the same as before. I dunno, I just don't think the hype is worth it. It does last forever though, the pot is quite large. Also the packaging is lovely frosted glass.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No