October 25, 2014 | 1484 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you suffer from perioral dermatitis (ezcema around your lips or corner of your mouth) buy this! It will keep your lips moisturised for the whole day. Calm down any inflammation and help rough patches within two uses.

Matte finish. Great under lipstick as a base if used sparingly. Especially Mac Retro Mattes (so drying!)

My only gripe - yes it is a pot and.. it can get contaminated.. especially with your lip area and reapplying. To combat, I use a q tip to take a tiny bit out and then slather it onto my lips.

I dare call this holy grail or holy grails! And I love my lipbalms. One of my drugstore favourites is.. Nivea Lipbutter! That's the only one that doesn't cause my lips to flare up, feel right and get that.. bumpy ring around my lips. But it doesn't compare to this lipbalm. Gosh this is next level!

I purchased it for a friend of Accutane treatment... And she uses it twice a day.. instead of lathering on lipbalm every hour!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by Catfink90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I will never be without this product again, it's that good.

I used to have the most dry, chapped lips you can imagine. I actually couldn't wear lipstick of any kind on its own, I would always have to layer with a gloss over the top to reduce the patchiness that any lipstick would emphasise.

The price is more than I have ever paid for a lip balm. But on the plus side the pot is full to the brim, and once you feel the texture of this product you'll realise just how little you need to use. It's very thick and waxy feeling, and spreads less easily over the lips than traditional, more emollient lip balms do.

I use this during the day (VERY sparingly) occasionally. But for me where this product really shines is as an overnight lip treatment. I put a liberal amount on right before I go to bed and I wake up with smooth, baby soft lips that I can wear any lipstick I want on. As a side note I also exfoliate my lips about once a week gently with a soft toothbrush and I always use this straight afterwards.

I'm going to buy a few more pots to stock up and continue to use this and enjoy being able to start a nice lipstick collection!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was extremely iffy about purchasing this because $20+ for a lip balm? Why on earth would I do that?! I was seriously judging myself as I put it in my basket at Target. My French friend raves about it all of the time so I caved and I'm actually glad that I did.
I have tried many lip balms and none of them are very hydrating; my lips feel dry within an hour. The hydration with this lip balm stays for hours.
It is a very odd consistency, in my opinion. I can't even describe it. It's much tackier than regular lip balm and it's a little weird to apply. I was a little concerned at first, but I actually quite prefer it now that I've seen the results. The most recent lip balm I used prior to this was Lush's Lip service, which came in a little tin and it nowhere near hydrates as well or for as long. It was almost $8 and I -think- there is less product (don't quote me on that), so I do think the Nuxe lip balm is worth it. I take forever to go through lip balm so I think that I will have this for probably 6 months to a year at least.
It makes your lips look really nice too without using any product over top. I usually use this as an overnight treatment, because I don't really use lip balm throughout the day to avoid making my lips dependent on a constant layer of lip balm!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by sophie_lapin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best lip balm I have ever used! Perfect base under lipsticks. Love the smell. My lips are so plump and hydrated. You can get this on Ebay for under $15.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by maria91

It's.... ok. It's VERY thick which makes it a bit of a pain to apply, not creamy at all, but quite hydrating. I use it like an overnight lip mask but I think it would be a pain to apply through the day on the go. Also, not a fan of the pot packaging as it's not very hygienic.

Overall, I don't regret buying it but wouldn't repurchase considering it's also the most expensive lip balm I've ever bought!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2014 3:48:00 AM More reviews by OR1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just don't see what all the hype is about. I was really looking forward to trying this lip balm, but felt absolutely no difference when using it. In fact, a $2 Cocoa Butter Stick works a lot better on my lips. Would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

I was excited to try this product, due to the rave reviews and because I suffer from chaped lips quite often. It has a beeswaxy consistency, which feels unpleasantly thick and grainy on the lips, and it leaves a matte finish which I also dislike. However it would be worthwhile if the product itself did what it promised. But nope. Although it doesn't make my lips worse (L'Occitane), it doesn't make them better either. It is really just a very average, overpriced product sold with a lot of hype. I get better results with Blistex (the version in the pot) and Eucerin. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 10:41:00 AM More reviews by scjohnson

love, love, love. I've purchased this three times, and considering each pot lasts a LONG time, that's saying something about how much I love it. thick but not sticky, you only need a little bit and it nourishes your lips for a very long time. It has a lightly grainy texture due to the crystallized honey, but it does melt quickly and the little bit of grainy feeling is gone right away. Honey has been used as a healing ointment for a long time, in fact it's supposed to be good for healing cuts and burns. All I can vouch for is that this is a miracle worker on dry lips in the winter, or all year round. My boyfriend even loves it. NOTE: I've purchased the stick/tube form and it is NOT the same formula. I don't like the stick at all, it's thin and doesn't soak in.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by swethatelkar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had several cheapy lip balms and I thought they did the job until I tried this gem. I thought it was very expensive in the beginning and waited for it to go on sale and I picked it up for 12.50 AUD which I think is still cheap for the amount of product you get. The very first time I used it, I felt it was very thick and is not easy to apply. However, I kept using it for 3 days straight and my lips are the smoothest they have ever been. Since using this, my lips have never been chapped and it is peak winter here in Australia. Love this stuff, this is a be all end all lip balm for me. I'm throwing out all my other lip balms expect one that has some good SPF, so I can use it in summer. Also, it's better then the famous paw paw ointment. Also, I don't like my lips to be glossy and wear matte lipsticks all the time, so this is the best base to you and because it doesn't have that sleek slippery feel, you get the best pigment from you lipstick. I'm glad I purchased this, I will definitely buy it if again when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE this balm. Like most people, I've tried a lot of lip balms before, and this is by far the best. I apply a thick layer twice a day (before bed and before I head out for the day) and that's enough that I rarely feel my lips getting dry during the day. It smells absolutely divine and I love the matte texture. Yes it's expensive, but I've had mine for half a year and have only used about 1/3 of the pot, so I think it's worth it.