August 21, 2014 | 1883 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by tam579

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this lip balm when I first got it and used it every morning and evening, with great results for my lips. I loved it so much, I bought it as gifts to friends.

But overtime, I believe this triggered a new beeswax allergy for me. I can no longer use the product without my lips drying out, and now I can no longer use any beeswax lip balms. Bummer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by asian_vixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have bought this lip balm three years ago due to the great reviews and blogger raves. The pot I received was grainy and gritty in texture and it was not smooth at all when i applied it. it moisturized just fine but I was clearly very disappointed with texture and the way it just "sat" there unable to blend to my lips (left a whitish cast on my pigmented lips). So I gave this away and vowed never to buy anything from Nuxe again. Fast-forward to my pregnancy and I have severe dryness to my skin despite drinking 8 glasses of water a day and lips as dry as the sahara to a point of cracking and bleeding. This led me to buy a ton of lip balms from the drugstore and also the most expensive ones such as Dior and By Terry. An SA at the walgreens look boutique convinced me to buy a second pot of this along with my beloved Huile Prodegieuse. I noticed the consistency of the balm is much smoother from the one I bought in-store. When I applied it, it left my lips soft and supple, no tint or grittiness and this blew the other expensive balms out of the water! The best part is it is matte so I can use it with lipsticks. I put it on before I leave work and it keeps my lips hydrated for a good 8 hours.. even with lipstick on! I mainly use it as a night treatment for my lips and it literally helped heal my broken, chapped lips. Now I can understand how everyone else cannot live without it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

It took me a long time to finally relent and purchase a pot of this and even when I did I still didn't use it straight away. The main reason was my scepticism over how BRILLIANT this could actually be, given all the hype it's gained in the beauty world and how many beauty bloggers seem to rave about it on a daily basis. I've found in the past that the more a product seems to be hyped up the more likely it is I'm going to hate it and subsequently resent the (usually high) price I paid for it. So I'm not ashamed to say that where this product is concerned I was wholeheartedly wrong.

I'm not one for using lip balms on a regular basis, mainly because I hate that slippery, filmy feeling they leave and because more often than not they do anything but moisturise my lips. I'm also allergic to lanolin (no Lanolips for me!) and anything with petroleum or petrolatum in it (step forward Vaseline) brings me out in horrible, itchy red bumps round my mouth. But it's fair to say that Reve de Miel is different. I don't use this as a daytime balm as it's way too thick and heavy for me, but as a night time balm before bed this is a wonder. I wake up in the morning and my lips feel lovely and soft, well moisturised and not at all oily feeling. The smell of this is also lovely - a mixture of ripe oranges and honey.

Finally this gets two big thumbs up from me because on the box it states 'NUXE sponsors beehives to participate [in] the protection of bees'. I'm a massive advocate of saving the world bee population (believe me, we need them far more than they need us) so even the hefty Ģ10.00 price tag doesn't put me off. Will definitely be buying more when my pot finally runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:01:00 AM More reviews by abmnik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I was very skeptical about this lip balm, since like most people I've tried a lot of lip balms and usually they're all the same. In the past the only thing that has helped my lips when they were chapped was Carmex but this stuff blows everything out of the water!! I've had 3 occassions where I stopped using a lip balm at night, as I am prone to doing, and my lips got chapped. Used this for a few nights in a row and voila! Perfect, soft, supple lips. I'm not sure what in this works for me but it's magical and I will definitely be repurchasing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A fantastic balm for really dry, sore lips. I've been using it throughout winter, before bed, and it's very soothing. I quite like the thick, non-sticky texture. It has an almost gritty feel at first, but it sinks into the lips very quickly. Nice smell too, and I don't normally like honey-scented products. This one has a very subtle scent. The little pot is cute and looks nice on my bedside table - not a product that you need to hide in a drawer! I'll continue using this until it runs out, and will probably repurchase. It's a bit more expensive than other lip balms, but I think it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by porkiepine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG lip balm!! And I'm not exaggerating. Everyone should give this a try cuz it works!

I used this at night before going to bed. I don't think the texture would work with other lip products during the day, but it doesn't matter cuz applying this at night works just as well. I wake up with the softest and smoothest lips I've ever had every morning that I don't even need to scrub before applying lipstick or use lip balm/gloss during the day.

I bought mine from Skinstore and it's pricier than your drugstore lip balm but cheaper than Fresh lip balm that I like but not even comparable to this. Totally worth the price cuz it lasts long and the smell/flavor is heavenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by teojia

This is the only balm that works for matt lips. Period. It stays on and is super moisturising. However, I'm not a fan of the honey taste so I guess I'l just finish this one up and see if I can get my hands on the stick balm version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by alina08

I want to preface this review by saying that this may be the best lip balm, ever. Seriously, I applied the silky smooth texture at night and woke up with fabulously smooth lips in the morning that felt hydrated and ready. The packaging is so luxe and delightful too, it is hard to dislike this product.

Unfortunately, something really bothered me about this product. It was the fact that I could not find an actual ingredient list from this product online. It was not on the NUXE website. I investigated this and found two or three conflicting ingredient lists online, which made me curious as to why it was so hard to figure out what the ingredients were in a simple lip balm. Well, finally I got a hold of the ingredients list, which lists octinoxate as an ingredient for sun protection. Octinoxate is only protective against UVB rays. It has garnered attention because in many studies, it has been shown to have some estrogenic effects and there is a concern regarding bioaccumulation (how much/long the chemical stays in the body). This particular ingredient is used in a host of products, which makes it hard to avoid, but since there is quite a bit of troubling evidence, I think it is worth reconsidering.

Please find more information here:

PS: There is much more evidence that this chemical may be harmful than there is for parabens. If you are someone who looks to avoid all of these kinds of products, I suggest thinking twice before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by CatVid

This is one of my most beloved French Pharmacy cosmetics!

Itīs very nourishing and moisturizing- leaving you lips plump and even.
The texture is very thick so a little goes a long way and the ingredients are, if I remeber correctly, mostly of natural origin. It also makes for a good night treatment because of the texture.
I have repurchased his a couple of times, which is always a good indicator, if I really liked a product.

The smell reminds me of lemon cakes. Yum!
The only thing that I noticed to be really different about this product (apart from the fact that I think itīs one of the best lip balms out there, of course) is that it is more on the matte side regarding itīs texture.
So if you want your lips to be very shiny you have to apply another balm on top.
I usually like the matter finish though so I leave them that way.

The price is okay for this product, I think. Itīs about 10 €- depends on where you buy it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip balm after watching YouTube makeup guru essiebutton rave about this product. So when I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago, I decided to go to city pharma and pick a couple of these up for €6.50 each. The product itself smells like sweet citrus honey, it is very thick and leaves your lips with a white coating. I use this before bed, but I find its not as moisturizing as my Dior creme de rose. But overall it does a decent job. I would keep using this until its done.