August 29, 2014 | 1736 users online

Makeup Brushes - Quo - All Over Shadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by judiness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Quo brushes are a hit and miss. Some are excellent, like most of their eyeliner brushes, some are ok and some are just plain terrible (like the crease, foundation and concealer brushes)

This falls in the good category. I find that the description describes exactly what it does; it's great to apply eyeshadow all over. I also like it for my matte highlight on the brow bone. It's great to blend in the top of the crease with an eyeshadow matching your skin tone. I sometimes use it as well went I use a stand alone eyeshadow on the lid and the crease (like with a shimmery metallic shade).

I have both the pro and regular version of this and they perform pretty much the same. Overall I'm happy with this brush, keep in mind that this is not meant for precise application!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by akneil

This was the first shadow brush I ever bought, and i've bought a few more of these since then. I really like it as a general all over shadow brush, just like it's called. I find it's best for your base colour, and it's great for patting the shadow on. It's not the best for blending because it's pretty flat.
Overall a good shadow brush that isn't too expensive and lasts a long time (even with regular washing).
I said I wouldn't buy this again because I have found other brands such as Ecotools and Real Techniques which are less expensive and just as good, if not better!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This brush I find I can use a multi purpose. It works alright to pack on eyeshadow color but works better to blend the shadow in the crease. I also like it for highlighting my cheekbones or contouring along the sides of my nose.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:25:00 AM More reviews by Felicity8529

This brush I find is too bulky. It is good for blending or all over colour application. If you want more detail and distinction to your eye makeup this one is not a way to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Jilliterate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Would it be that all brushes were this nice. Since there seems to be two, I'll clarify: mine is the brown-bristled brush that you can buy alone. It has extremely soft bristles that are cut short enough to give them some stiffness -- they flare out enough to create an fluffy yet firm edge. The first few times I washed this brush, it would lose a hair or two -- strays that weren't attached well, I guess. After that, though, there's been no problem with hair loss.

This brush is amazing at picking up colour from even the driest, most densely-packed shadows I have. The only issue of contention is how this brush is branded. To me, this is not an "all over" shadow brush. It's much too big and fluffy to operate as a crease brush. It's passable at applying colour to the lid, but a little too dense and "blendy" to become my preferred brush. Where this brush really shines is as a highlighter. It picks up tons of those light, sheer highlighting shades, packs them on and blends them out. This is fine for me -- I specifically bought it because I wanted it as a highlighting brush. My guess is Quo is aware of this, but figured they could sell more brushes if it was branded as being a tool for general use, rather than specialized. Still, I hate it when products don't performed as advertised, so although I love this brush, I'm going to have to detract a lippie for not being quite the "all over" brush it's supposed to be.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by fading_visions

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this brush with a set of other brushes and I'm on the fence about it. I feel like it applies colour slightly unevenly and it is too big for my eyes (not the fault of the brush, of course). I do like it to blend out harsh edges and it's good for a very precise application of powder.

Oh and the ferrule has come loose. I can actually detach the it from the handle, that's disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Siudin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I've been using it for 4 yrs now and I'm loving it still. No funny smell, dense, quite soft on the skin, no shedding even tho I've washed it hundred times. It's great for all over lid blending and for hilight. This one might be too big for Asian eyes. Otherwise, it's excellent e/s brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by TheJoey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have 2 very different brushes with the same label on them both say All over shadow brush.

The first one has a short thick handle and brown bristles. I bought it as a single.

I love this brush.
- soft
- dense
- sturdy
- short handle makes it easy to fit in my makeup bag
- slim enough to get colour into cease or under bottom lash line
- large enough to sweep colour on in 2 strokes.
- still can pack on colour if I want
- blends colours together well

It has no flaws in my opnion.

The second brush it long and has black bristles. I got it in the beginner set.

I love this brush just a tiny bit less but use it more often.
- supper soft
- little bit less dense
- use to set undereyes with powder
- use daily to do a final blend of colours on eyes.
- not very precise
- picks up loose powders really well not very good with pressed ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Krissylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have worked at many cosmetics counters so i have alot of experience using different brushes, i have to say my two favorite brands of brushes out of all of them are the brushes from Quo and Estee Lauder. EL brushes seem to break super easy and im always crazy gluing them, Quo's lose hairs the first few times using them, but i find if you wash them and lay them flat to dry when first purchased you wont have much of a problem. I use Quo eyeshadow, powder and blush brushes, soft hairs, not scratchy, excellent quality, smooth makeup application, holds powders both loose and pressed really good. Awsome price for such great quality! p.s they dont break as easy as EL, ive dropped them hundreds of times!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Amscee

I really like this eyeshadow brush, it is big, soft, and fairly dense so it picks up lots of eyeshadow, including the colour, and it is very good to use it to blend in different colours all over the eyelid. I purchased mine for about $7 at Shoppers during one of their really frequently occurring 40% off sales.