September 22, 2014 | 1921 users online

Gels/Soaps - Victoria's Secret - Shower Gel (any scent)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

They're ok not the best shower gel in the world I used to use them all the time, i bought love spell, pure seduction, and berry kisses, needless to say after years of using these one day i just couldn't wait to fi ish my last bottle they do nothing at all you need alot to even create some sort of suds and yes they smell good but the smell doesn't really last on your body once your out of the shower. I wouldn't mother with these at all and they are pretty expensive for what they are and for how much product you get its not worth it just go to target or WalMart and get a different shower gel you'll get twice the product anyway for a fraction of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by DollParts7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Awful. Simply awful.

I picked up three of these on a 75% off sale. Love Spell, Berry Kisses, and Pure Seduction. These were the ones that smelled DIVINE in the bottle.

And at 2 bucks a pop, I figured, why not?

Well, I took it home, and I figured it would be fine. They smell nice, they look pretty, and they're worth about 9 dollars! I was happy.

Until I actually washed with them. I put a small amount on my shower poof at first, and it only lathered up enough for my arm, so I doubled it, and then doubled it, and doubled it again! This stuff just ran out so fast. While in the shower, I also noticed a plastic-y smell. It was disgusting. I shrugged it off, and promised to spray febreeze in the bathroom later.

Once I was done, I was happy, and hoping the smell of the body wash would last. I sniffed my skin after I got dry, and not even a small scent was left. There was no linger, no sweetness, and nothing special at all.

I hoped maybe it would shimmer in sunlight or make my skin feel great, after all, for a 9 dollar body wash, it should at LEAST make your skin feel good.

Well, I got a rash. And then my shoulders and upper back broke out, very badly. I got painful bumps on my legs and I itched all over. I didn't understand what it was. I decided to rotate the scents of them, and see what worked best and worst.

Love spell actually stuck on my skin, but boy, do I wish it didn't. After I used Love Spell, I realized what that gross plastic smell was. It was an undertone in the body wash. And that scent, (ONLY that part) stuck for the rest of the day. I was so grossed out.

By my 3rd shower, I was an itchy, rash-y, nasty mess. The shower gel didn't clean, it didn't moisturize, and it didn't even smell good. I used the very last scent, and halfway in, I couldn't take it anymore. I pulled out my 3 dollar Dial Cranberry body wash, and lathered up, and was so happy. Instantly, my skin felt better. And smelled good too.

I came out of the shower, and moisturized the heck out of my skin, and I swear, this stuff is just awful. I don't even have sensitive skin!

Overall, I'm just unimpressed by Victoria's Secret. The scents (yes, ALL of them, including the sprays, lotions, and body washes) ALL have that plastic undertone, the bras aren't that great, are very overpriced, and they don't even HAVE my size, the underwear is itchy, and doesn't cover anything at all, and whenever the staff measures you, it's ALWAYS different.

I really want to like VS, I'm a 16 year old girl and hey, it's a pretty store. But they're oversexed, overpriced, and overhyped. Not even worth the 2 dollars I spent there, and I will NOT spend anymore money in that disgusting store.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by newred

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

this is just ok, its really not the best moisturizing shower gel out there, but i do like candy baby and coconut craze and
the now discontinued cherry bomb.
some of the lids are easily stuck or broken, but who needs the cap if your careful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have very sensitive skin, but the VS shower gels gave me a horrible rash all over my body. It took me a few days to figure out what caused it. I stopped using this and sure enough it went away. I looked up some of the detergents online and there are some very harsh ones in this product. They smell great, but if you have even slightly sensitive skin, Beware!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by black55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a lot of VS shower gels because I like the way they smell, so in the past I would buy a ton when they went on sale, and I always seem to receive them as gifts. I do like most of the scents, but the quality of the shower gel is not great. I don't think it moisturizes or rinses well, I just don't feel clean after I use it anymore. I like it better as a bubble bath, it just seems like a cheap product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2007 1:14:00 PM More reviews by ladyofmirkwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Ladies, these products smell divine and with a big corporation like victorias secret why oh why must they give the consumer cheap products are we not paying enough? Read the ingredients do your research. These ingredients are irritating even for people without sensitive skin, the only pleasure and benefit of these is a nice scent but with prolonged use you will see your skin drying out. Try something more moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2007 9:14:00 PM More reviews by YoUr_FaNtAsY

I love it! V.S. is the best! The shower gels are awesome!! They smell sooo good and after I'm done using them in the shower, my bathroom smells so good and not to mention, myself lol! And when you layer it with the lotion and body spray, it's better! The only problem is that I wish the bottles were bigger!! :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by CoconutBreeze

I found these on sale - 3 for $11.99 Of course when you find a sale at VS, you just can't help but to stock up. I bought Vanilla Lace, My Desire, and Romantic Wish. They all smell really great! They make the shower experience just yummy and fun. I will always buy these little shower gels, they are worth the money and lather well. Any scent is good to try, especially Pure Seduction. That's my favorite of all time!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the scents of ALLLLLL of victoria secrets shower gels, but only BIG problem, They HAVE TO INCREASE the size of there body washes!!!!! otherwise, I may buy it again down the military exchange stores. Hopingly there bottle sizes will be larger. This is why my rating is a 4, due to small size bottles.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by littlebear514

I don't have very sensitive skin and this shower gel BURNED when I used it. I have never had this problem before (with the exception of some limited edition avon shower gel that was 'sun' scented- I think it had WAY too much citric acid in it). While I love most of the scents this shower gel is available in, I'd rather not have chemical burns.