December 22, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in black, and I've never been impressed by its performance the handful of times I've tried to work with it. I don't have hooded or oily eyelids (far from it, my eyelids are easily the driest part of my face) so I expect products to stay put.

This never sets and continues to smudge throughout the day giving me an unwanted heroin chic look. It's not the blackest black out there, and it doesn't glide on my skin either (although I know some people prefer slightly harder eyeliners).

However, the worst part about this product is that the wood is of very poor quality and I lost so much product ((at least .5") while sharpening it because the wood would keep splintering. It was a miracle that I ever got to use this product at all as I honestly thought I was going to sharpen it down to nothing without ever using it.

Due to the issues I had with sharpening it, I would not recommend this product to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by fihe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What a shame. I used to have this eyeliner years ago and recently repurchased it, in the black shade. I don't know if the quality has gone down since years ago or if I simply don't remember having any issues with it, but this pencil is made with very poor quality wood that sharpens horribly! The pencil is creamy and nicely pigmented, but whenever I need to sharpen it, I end up wasting a lot of the pencil because I can't get a good point, and I have a pretty good eye/lip pencil sharpener! Also, it smudges a lot under my eyes and doesn't stay put on my waterline, but that's with any other pencil eyeliner I've ever used.

I would not repurchase, because even if it did stay on very well, the waste involved during sharpening makes it not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They end up everwhere. Worst!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

My friend who worked for several years as a waitress swears by these, so I thought I'd give them a try. (How she gets them to last for 10+ hours, I have no idea.) They were on a crazy sale and I just couldn't pass them up. I have every current color except Khaki, which I think they were out of. First, Charcoal and Eggplant are shimmer shades, and are pretty much unusable for the water line. (They just don't transfer, I tried.) I do, however, often use both of them for lash lines. They're very similar to the Glimmersticks line in texture and aren't as powdery as the matte/satin shades. The other three colors I have (Black, Dark Brown, Midnight Blue) work fine on the water line. However, they last about 2 hours before I either have the color everywhere around my eyes, or I have no color at all. When I wear them, I make sure to bring my concealer palette and the appropriate pencil to fix any issues. I have several kohl pencils and these are pretty comparable to those. Black is just your basic, simple, cool-toned black color. Dark Brown is a warm, slightly red-toned earth. Midnight Blue is amazing, just lighter than navy, and really makes violet, blue, and grey eyes pop. Charcoal is a medium, silver-grey with some shimmer. Eggplant is a warm-toned purple, not quite plum, with slight shimmer. All except Charcoal and Eggplant are pretty smudgable, in my experience, which I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Poor staying-power. Midnight Blue is a nice shade though

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this b/c my coworker's makeup always looks nice and she said it's the blackest black she's ever used.

The product got on my eyes: great.
No tugging: great.
Stay power: BAD.

I have yet to find a pencil eyeliner that stays put...or a product to keep them in place!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think Avon gets much love or attention because for some its hard to find a representative. Luckily for me on the way to Westfield, this lovely mum handed me a brochure and a starter pack if I ever decided to become a rep myself.

As a child I used to envy my neighbours for having Avon catalogues and products because I used to think it was exclusive. Now that I've grown up, I still like their products, the 'exclusivity'. I think ALL of their cosmetics are great value for money.

ANYWAY getting to the actual product itself - GREAT, HG FOR ME, CHEAP AND SMOOTH. I like it better than Lancome eyeliners. It is the smoothest eyeliner I've ever used. I don't use this on my waterline because the dark brown is too dark for me and ends up looking like black eyeliner so I don't know how this wears on the lower lashes but it does not crease or smear on my eyelids. It stays on forever and is a dream to remove. I will be repurchasing this again and again and it is CHEAPER than the cheapest 'drugstore' eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cheesy17

I have rebought this product over and over again as i absolutly love it. I find it is true to color, goes on smooth and will last the night with one reapply to water line. Ive tried drugstore brand liners but find the cheap ones suck and the higher priced ones work just as well as the Avon brand which i can usually purchase for a deal like 3 for $6 or something amazing like that. I have tried the black, brown, eggplant and night blue and will stick to buying this product for the long run.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I got these in a swap but they were colored eyeliners so I was actually kind of thrilled to use them. However, I'm not quite sure if the eyeliners I was swapped were old or what their storage conditioners were prior to me receiving them, but on application they were a little powdery and appeared to apply unevenly. I sharpened them to see if it was just the surface of the pencil that was possibly just dried, but it continued to apply unusually powdery and dithered compared to other pencil eyeliners I've tried.

I was swapped another eyeliner from Avon under their Smooth Mineral line and this one was indeed much smoother on application than both of the Ultra Luxury Eyeliners that I tried. I may end up just throwing them out, which is a pity since I do like colored eyeliners and heard lots of good things about Avon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I HATE this product, and I don't understand all the positive reviews, maybe it's just my personal experiences but there is so much about this eyeliner I do not like. I first started using this when I was 13, so not knowing about makeup so much I used this for a greater time due to the fact it was cheap and avon was about all my mom bought in terms of makeup. Once I started using better quality eyeliners I noticed how HORRIBLE this actually was. After about 30 minutes to an hour I would have to wipe under my eyes in order to get fallout eyeliner out. Literally, the product would fall out of my waterline and lash line and onto my under eyes and everytime i would wipe there I would find loads of product and would fall into the little wrinkles I had there. Second, I would have to sharpen this so many times and it would smudge on my upper eyelid horribly ruining the shadow I had under. Third, it was too soft that many times the tip would break no matter how gentle I pressed. Overall I WILL NEVER buy this product again, I am not going to have to run to the washroom every 5 minutes in order to wipe away fallout eyeliner, after using any other cheap drugstore brand, they are 1000 times better than this ever will be