September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Ultra Luxury Eye Liner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

They end up everwhere. Worst!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:56:00 AM More reviews by TheSilverSnowflake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

My friend who worked for several years as a waitress swears by these, so I thought I'd give them a try. (How she gets them to last for 10+ hours, I have no idea.) They were on a crazy sale and I just couldn't pass them up. I have every current color except Khaki, which I think they were out of. First, Charcoal and Eggplant are shimmer shades, and are pretty much unusable for the water line. (They just don't transfer, I tried.) I do, however, often use both of them for lash lines. They're very similar to the Glimmersticks line in texture and aren't as powdery as the matte/satin shades. The other three colors I have (Black, Dark Brown, Midnight Blue) work fine on the water line. However, they last about 2 hours before I either have the color everywhere around my eyes, or I have no color at all. When I wear them, I make sure to bring my concealer palette and the appropriate pencil to fix any issues. I have several kohl pencils and these are pretty comparable to those. Black is just your basic, simple, cool-toned black color. Dark Brown is a warm, slightly red-toned earth. Midnight Blue is amazing, just lighter than navy, and really makes violet, blue, and grey eyes pop. Charcoal is a medium, silver-grey with some shimmer. Eggplant is a warm-toned purple, not quite plum, with slight shimmer. All except Charcoal and Eggplant are pretty smudgable, in my experience, which I like.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Poor staying-power. Midnight Blue is a nice shade though

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Happicuupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this b/c my coworker's makeup always looks nice and she said it's the blackest black she's ever used.

The product got on my eyes: great.
No tugging: great.
Stay power: BAD.

I have yet to find a pencil eyeliner that stays put...or a product to keep them in place!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't think Avon gets much love or attention because for some its hard to find a representative. Luckily for me on the way to Westfield, this lovely mum handed me a brochure and a starter pack if I ever decided to become a rep myself.

As a child I used to envy my neighbours for having Avon catalogues and products because I used to think it was exclusive. Now that I've grown up, I still like their products, the 'exclusivity'. I think ALL of their cosmetics are great value for money.

ANYWAY getting to the actual product itself - GREAT, HG FOR ME, CHEAP AND SMOOTH. I like it better than Lancome eyeliners. It is the smoothest eyeliner I've ever used. I don't use this on my waterline because the dark brown is too dark for me and ends up looking like black eyeliner so I don't know how this wears on the lower lashes but it does not crease or smear on my eyelids. It stays on forever and is a dream to remove. I will be repurchasing this again and again and it is CHEAPER than the cheapest 'drugstore' eyeliners.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Cheesy17

I have rebought this product over and over again as i absolutly love it. I find it is true to color, goes on smooth and will last the night with one reapply to water line. Ive tried drugstore brand liners but find the cheap ones suck and the higher priced ones work just as well as the Avon brand which i can usually purchase for a deal like 3 for $6 or something amazing like that. I have tried the black, brown, eggplant and night blue and will stick to buying this product for the long run.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I got these in a swap but they were colored eyeliners so I was actually kind of thrilled to use them. However, I'm not quite sure if the eyeliners I was swapped were old or what their storage conditioners were prior to me receiving them, but on application they were a little powdery and appeared to apply unevenly. I sharpened them to see if it was just the surface of the pencil that was possibly just dried, but it continued to apply unusually powdery and dithered compared to other pencil eyeliners I've tried.

I was swapped another eyeliner from Avon under their Smooth Mineral line and this one was indeed much smoother on application than both of the Ultra Luxury Eyeliners that I tried. I may end up just throwing them out, which is a pity since I do like colored eyeliners and heard lots of good things about Avon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by antynette

I HATE this product, and I don't understand all the positive reviews, maybe it's just my personal experiences but there is so much about this eyeliner I do not like. I first started using this when I was 13, so not knowing about makeup so much I used this for a greater time due to the fact it was cheap and avon was about all my mom bought in terms of makeup. Once I started using better quality eyeliners I noticed how HORRIBLE this actually was. After about 30 minutes to an hour I would have to wipe under my eyes in order to get fallout eyeliner out. Literally, the product would fall out of my waterline and lash line and onto my under eyes and everytime i would wipe there I would find loads of product and would fall into the little wrinkles I had there. Second, I would have to sharpen this so many times and it would smudge on my upper eyelid horribly ruining the shadow I had under. Third, it was too soft that many times the tip would break no matter how gentle I pressed. Overall I WILL NEVER buy this product again, I am not going to have to run to the washroom every 5 minutes in order to wipe away fallout eyeliner, after using any other cheap drugstore brand, they are 1000 times better than this ever will be

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a product I've used in almost all of my tutorials. I've used at least 6 of them all the way through. I keep one in my purse, in the car, and one with my every time I do my makeup. Yet I haave a really hard time trying to review it. I've tried twice and failed. I think its because of how basic of a product it is, I feel like I'm stating the obvious. But I will try for a third and hopefully final time.
Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is a basic eyeliner pencil. They retail for $6 but are usually available with some sort of deal, by one get one, 2 for $4, .99 with a purchase of another item, etc. I'm not sure how much I paid for mine.
Packaging is a standard wood pencil with black coating and a plastic black cap. The cap is doesn't slit like some eyeliner caps do. I rarely have trouble with the wood splintering, unless the blades on my sharpener are dull.
The liner its self is a really good texture, soft and smooth without being gel-like or overly creamy. I'd describe it as feeling velvety.
It applies wonderfully to the waterline and lower lash line, but takes a little more work to apply to the upper lash line. It doesn't tug or pull, but might need two or three strokes to get a full, opaque line without skipping. I hardly ever apply pencil liner up there, so its not a problem I encounter with this pencil anyway.
Wear time on the lids is 8+ hours with minimal fading and smudging. On the waterline I get 2-4 hours of wear before needing to reapply. I counteract the short wear time by setting it with a matte black eyeshadow, after which I get about 6 hours of wear.
Pigmentation is good. It's very dark, but not the darkest black eyeliner I've used. NYX's Black Bean Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil is darker. Swatches can be seen here.
I highly recommend this eyeliner, especially if you can get it at sale price. This is excellent for lining the waterline and tighlining. This has been my go-to black eyeliner for years and will continue to be for quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by urbankiwiii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually hate black eye liners because they make me look like I got punched in the face, but this eyeliner changed that. It's a very dark black and goes on smoothly and easily. It has staying power and didn't smudge. The only thing I don't like about this is sometimes it irritates my eyes when I use it on my waterline. So I usually use this on top and my CG eyeliner on the bottom.