Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/16/2015 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful color, beautiful packaging, but had to return it because of the glitter fallout which I found to be completely irritating. I tried wearing as an everyday shadow but had glitter all over my cheeks and even my forehead, which I'm not sure how it traveled upward but whatever! For an $18 eyeshadow I'd say this is very unacceptable, which is ashame because if it weren't for the huge chunks of flying glitter, it would be a perfect, luminous shadow in the most gorgeous champagne color with a slight tinge of pink. I even love the name. Oh well, gonna try Stila in Kitten instead!

on 1/9/2015 11:08:00 AM

The pinkish tones complement my eyes well. I love this color as is, but then again I love glitter and shimmer. I wanted a nude w only silver glitter in it. It's harder to wear bc of the glitter factor, but life without glitter? Ew.

Wanted an inkigayo inspired color and realized I had it already w this color. (The glitter made me retire it) So I found an inspiration for this gorgeous yet high maintenance color. Grow up? Me yes, my makeup no.

on 10/1/2012 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ugh. I bought this full well knowing it would be a glitter bomb, yet I am still disappointed. After eyeing it up for months, I finally caved & bought this from the UD website for $6 (I never would have even considered it had it been full price). I love champagne shadows (Stila Kitten being my all-time favorite), so I was hoping this would be similar with just a touch of silver glitter for some added ‘pizzazz’. Sadly, this shadow is dry, chalky and has no pigment whatsoever. All that shows up on me is silver glitter, that flies all over my face. My husband even commented that I looked ‘sparkly’. Unfortunately though, I find sparkle inappropriate for the work and casual looks that make up the majority of my makeup looks. This is only ‘ok’ as a base shadow, I had to layer several other shadows overtop to ‘cut’ the glitter a bit so at least it was wearable. It doesn’t crease or fade over a primer, and those darn sparkles last forever. This one I’ll be passing along to the teenage daughter of a friend, who will hopefully get more use out of it than I will. I’ve tried (and liked) several ‘vintage’ UD eyeshadows now that they’re marked down for $6, but unfortunately this has been one of the ‘misses’ for me.

on 9/6/2012 9:25:00 AM

I rated the product well but I would not buy again as I ordered one and i have one in the Feminine palette doy!!!! Hopefully another glitter junky will swap with me. To the review.

I do like the color though and I don't know maybe because I love glitter can work with this color quite well with minimal sparkles. I never pack this shadow on and I do use UDPP I love it and for me it holds my eyeshadow well. For this color the primer works well with it but I tap my brush before I apply it. I also do light sweeps from the pan then you don't pick up to much of the glitter.

I find then if I apply it like you would a wash of color you only get a speckle or 3 and that's pretty easy to repair. I just use a makeup remover cloth gently under my eye and it's gone. I do prefer UD's eyeshadow with micro glitter over the bigger pieces but the color is very versatile.

I can use it in the corner or highlight the brow bone. I also use it to tame down color or add a touch in the middle of my eye color which opens the eye more. One thing is for sure the glitter is a pain but if you have mastered this shadow the looks are endless and playing with urban Decay eyeshadow is just plain fun!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Okay, so I bought the Midnight Emergency pallete, but since I can't find that on here, I'll just review each one individually. So this color is my least favorite! I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, but they always include one glittery highlight color in their palletes that I don't like. Yes, it stays on, but I hate this color and it has no use for me.

Midnight Cowboy is a light champagne colour with a ton of silver glitter. I really like this colour as a wash over the whole eye, but the disappointing fact is the fallout of glitter all over my face. But this is only (to me) a minor set back as I can just do my face last if I know I'm going to be using this shade. It lasts well (with primer) and looks great on pretty much any skin tone, just swatch it before you buy it, as you might not like it.

on 8/18/2012 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I agree with y'all on the issue of the glitters--it goes everywhere but the eyelid.poor design.it came in the NYC palette, which I have to say, has a very poor packaging, since no one likes carrying a eyeshadow palette bulky as a dictionary around, especially not makeup junkies who have a lot of stash to assort.
then again, the color itself is pretty.just wish it didn't come together with the stupid glitters.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! i think it has got the chunkiest glitter ever whenever i put i have glitter all over my face which i think is damn annoying.If you like to have glitter all over your face then this what i recommend

on 8/10/2012 11:43:00 AM

I've heard so much about this eyeshadow and it seems people love it or hate it. I didn't want to spend $17 for the single shadow since it had such mixed reviews, but I finally got to try it the The Feminine palette. I'm glad I didn't buy it alone...I don't understand why this is so popular. It's terribly glittery, and seconds after I apply it, it's fallen down my cheeks. I expect some fallout with any glitter polish, but this seemed like a lot (I did use it with UDPP, too). All in all, I just don't get what's so special about Midnight Cowboy. I gave it two stars because it IS a pretty color, and the texture is nice aside from the glitter. I love UD eyeshadows, but this is comparable to cheap drugstore eyeshadow.

on 3/17/2012 12:49:00 PM

This colour is so pretty with tons and tons of glitter but even with primer potion it is all over your cheeks within an hour. Go for the shadow stick version which is exactly the same but without this issue - I use it alll the time.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products