September 23, 2014 | 898 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh. I bought this full well knowing it would be a glitter bomb, yet I am still disappointed. After eyeing it up for months, I finally caved & bought this from the UD website for $6 (I never would have even considered it had it been full price). I love champagne shadows (Stila Kitten being my all-time favorite), so I was hoping this would be similar with just a touch of silver glitter for some added ‘pizzazz’. Sadly, this shadow is dry, chalky and has no pigment whatsoever. All that shows up on me is silver glitter, that flies all over my face. My husband even commented that I looked ‘sparkly’. Unfortunately though, I find sparkle inappropriate for the work and casual looks that make up the majority of my makeup looks. This is only ‘ok’ as a base shadow, I had to layer several other shadows overtop to ‘cut’ the glitter a bit so at least it was wearable. It doesn’t crease or fade over a primer, and those darn sparkles last forever. This one I’ll be passing along to the teenage daughter of a friend, who will hopefully get more use out of it than I will. I’ve tried (and liked) several ‘vintage’ UD eyeshadows now that they’re marked down for $6, but unfortunately this has been one of the ‘misses’ for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 9:25:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I rated the product well but I would not buy again as I ordered one and i have one in the Feminine palette doy!!!! Hopefully another glitter junky will swap with me. To the review.

I do like the color though and I don't know maybe because I love glitter can work with this color quite well with minimal sparkles. I never pack this shadow on and I do use UDPP I love it and for me it holds my eyeshadow well. For this color the primer works well with it but I tap my brush before I apply it. I also do light sweeps from the pan then you don't pick up to much of the glitter.

I find then if I apply it like you would a wash of color you only get a speckle or 3 and that's pretty easy to repair. I just use a makeup remover cloth gently under my eye and it's gone. I do prefer UD's eyeshadow with micro glitter over the bigger pieces but the color is very versatile.

I can use it in the corner or highlight the brow bone. I also use it to tame down color or add a touch in the middle of my eye color which opens the eye more. One thing is for sure the glitter is a pain but if you have mastered this shadow the looks are endless and playing with urban Decay eyeshadow is just plain fun!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I bought the Midnight Emergency pallete, but since I can't find that on here, I'll just review each one individually. So this color is my least favorite! I am a huge fan of Urban Decay, but they always include one glittery highlight color in their palletes that I don't like. Yes, it stays on, but I hate this color and it has no use for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

Midnight Cowboy is a light champagne colour with a ton of silver glitter. I really like this colour as a wash over the whole eye, but the disappointing fact is the fallout of glitter all over my face. But this is only (to me) a minor set back as I can just do my face last if I know I'm going to be using this shade. It lasts well (with primer) and looks great on pretty much any skin tone, just swatch it before you buy it, as you might not like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with y'all on the issue of the glitters--it goes everywhere but the eyelid.poor design.it came in the NYC palette, which I have to say, has a very poor packaging, since no one likes carrying a eyeshadow palette bulky as a dictionary around, especially not makeup junkies who have a lot of stash to assort.
then again, the color itself is pretty.just wish it didn't come together with the stupid glitters.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/18/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by kessvalentino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I HATE IT!!!!!!!!! i think it has got the chunkiest glitter ever whenever i put i have glitter all over my face which i think is damn annoying.If you like to have glitter all over your face then this what i recommend

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by kap112358

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've heard so much about this eyeshadow and it seems people love it or hate it. I didn't want to spend $17 for the single shadow since it had such mixed reviews, but I finally got to try it the The Feminine palette. I'm glad I didn't buy it alone...I don't understand why this is so popular. It's terribly glittery, and seconds after I apply it, it's fallen down my cheeks. I expect some fallout with any glitter polish, but this seemed like a lot (I did use it with UDPP, too). All in all, I just don't get what's so special about Midnight Cowboy. I gave it two stars because it IS a pretty color, and the texture is nice aside from the glitter. I love UD eyeshadows, but this is comparable to cheap drugstore eyeshadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by gwootton

This colour is so pretty with tons and tons of glitter but even with primer potion it is all over your cheeks within an hour. Go for the shadow stick version which is exactly the same but without this issue - I use it alll the time.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

The colour of this eyeshadow is gorgeous! but OMG the glitter in this eyeshadow goes everywhere!! you definitely do not want to put this on after foundation because it wont come off!! it's such a shame because the colour and pigmentation is wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

Midnight Cowboy is a light neutral champagne colored eyeshadow with lots of silver sparkles. Some champagnes lean either too pink or too peach, but this is the perfect champagne color. This shade pairs very well with almost anything, really. It makes a great lid color when you want to pair a darker shade in the crease, it works very well as a highlight shade, and it's also a good neutral shade for blending out other colors with.
Yes, the silver glitter is very prominent and very obvious. But the glitter is what makes this different from the millions of other champagne eyeshadows out there. It really makes your eyes sparkle and adds both depth and definition to an otherwise mundane shade. You will get fallout with this, I won't lie. My best advice is to pat this shadow on lightly rather than blending it out and to use a sticky eyeshadow base. Urban Decay's Primer Potion isn't sticky enough to hold down heavy-glitter shadows. I recommend Lorac or NARS bases for glittery shadows like Midnight Cowboy. The base really does make the difference for shadows like this. I recently used this over Too Faced Shadow Insurance (not very sticky) and experienced quite a bit of fallout, but I used this over Lorac's base today and I honestly had only 1-2 pieces of glitter under my eyes.
If you're not afraid of glitter, Midnight Cowboy is an extremely versatile shadow that you can incorporate into virtually any look you create. I'm very close to hitting pan on this shade, and I will repurchase when I run out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No