September 19, 2014 | 1856 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Volumizing Color Care Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 3:03:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good for casual days. Liked this product when my hair was one length (and very long). It did its job... now that my hair is layered this doesnt volumize AT all. It builds up on my hair and by the end of the day its flat and lifeless. Im going to have to splurge on pureology because that stuff is absolutely amazing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2005 8:25:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I really enjoy Dove Intense Moisture, but after coloring my hair from black to a softer, warmer dark brown, I thought I'd give the Volumizing Color Care a try. I absolutely hate it! I'm really surprised, because I've had such luck with Dove, and it seems that so many girls have had luck with this. It didn't moisturize my hair in the least, although with enough product, it certainly did its job as a detangler. It feels like an incredibly light conditioner (although it doesn't have a milky consistency like most light conditioners have) so I can see how this might work for someone with hair of a different texture than my own. My strands are fine (but there's a TON of hair on my head) and it's prone to frizz and dryness, which I take great care to fix. And this just didn't cut it, but at a little over $3 CDN, it wasn't a painful transfer from shower to garbage can.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2005 7:34:00 PM More reviews by spitefairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner feels really thick when you first put it in, but washes out leaving no weighed down or grimy feeling. Loves it. My hair is incredibly soft, smooth and manageable, plys color safe! Haven't found anything better than this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Ziora

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works wonderfully for my hair type and what I need in a daily conditioner. My hair is fine, color-treated, wavy and a little frizzy. It detangles great and doesn't make my hair feel all gunky like some heavier conditioners.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2004 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This conditioner is good, it's a rather light conditioner, good for everyday use. I love the smell. It detangles great as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2004 7:28:00 PM More reviews by egyptianprincess

I had to return this. Didn't moisturize enough at all, and the heavier version totally weighed my hair down. I guess there's no happy medium. smelled nice though, and the price was right.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2004 1:49:00 PM More reviews by ameliagard

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This softened and detangled really well. I'll buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 5:22:00 PM More reviews by didi8218

I love this conditioner... my hair feels soft and smells great. This is a wonderful drug store conditoner. The fragrance is definetly strong but its such a nice smell and it lasts... which I personally like. I will continue too buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2004 2:33:00 AM More reviews by arvlyn

Excellent for a drugstore product. Really helps hold my color. My hair detangles easily. Does not weigh my very long, thin hair down. No build up. Very happy overall with this.

Edited to add - this review was for the old formulation of Dove, the new line isn't anything at all like it. I had samples of the new line and wasn't happy with it at all.

My hair is 1c-2a/f/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry at the ends.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 4:28:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

This stuff is horrible! It didn't make my hair soft and silky! My hair looks dry and terrible. I won't be using this again!