August 29, 2014 | 1259 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Masquintense Thick Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hair only felt soft and nourished when wet once dried couldn't tell the difference from non salon treatments.. Expensive ? Yes.... Amazing? Hardly... Buy again? No!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a hairdresser,
since i work in the hair industry i change my colour quite a bit,my hair is currently in reasonable condition (coloured with bleach splices throughout top section) this mask will always be in my ever-growing hair care collection, this is moisture based so i can leave it in while i watch a movie or do some house work which is great because i don't have to worry about 'over-doing' it, the consistency is very thick (to the point where you can tip the pot upside down ,shake it and nothing comes out!)the tub will last me quite a while since i dont use alot and i only use it once a week to up-keep the moisture in my hair, i like the scent its a nice clean smell which i have noticed stays in my hair until i wash it next,leaves my hair touchably softer and healthier looking, if your hair is fine be careful as this can make your hair a bit greasy! -
8/10

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mihoz

I have fine hair, yet use the thick hair mask: This is THE best MOST moisturizing hair mask I've used. Even though i dont luv the smell, its acceptable.. Compared to other products I've used:
1) Redken Diamond oil - Masquintense thick feels much nicer & gives me a better shine and moisturizing feel
2) Loreal Prof. Absolut repair - this is the closest to masquintense yet doesnt give the best results like masquintense - i even split my hair into two sections and applied each on one side - masquintense gave a greater shine after blow dry.

Didnt use loreal mega moisture as it aint sold here - so cant comment on that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I live in Southern Georgia and we have pretty hard water here. I actually have fine hair, but this is so much more moisturizing than the fine hair version ( which I also have and works better when I'm in SC visitng my parents- we have soft water there). Every wednesday I put coconut oil in my hair and put it in a bun, then go swimming and do aqua zumba, later that evening I use Redken's Cleansing Cream and then put masquintense for thick hair on and put a shower cap over it. I leave it in for a few min while I shave my legs. EVERY wednesday I use this my hair feels AMAZING after! Whether I blow dry it with nectar thermique or let it air dry with nectar thermique, it feels like silk. I've even gotten compliments from my hair stylist on how much healthier my hair is since I've started using this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I always tried to avoid spending too much on my hair products but I spent fortune at hairdresser... I have A LOT of thick, long hair, which curl nicely and I never had problem with them until like... 4th or 5th bleaching. I was recommended Kerastase products by freelance fashion industry hair stylist and so I thought- she is not paid to sell me these so...
I got a shampoo, masquintense and two oils.

This masque is AMAZING. Seriously I always thought all the masques are the same- cheap or expensive... Oh boy, I was wrong.

It is thick masque, in contact with wet hair it kind of... glides on better to cover every strand. I leave it sometimes for one minute, sometimes for 20 minutes and I always get soft, easy to manage, shiny hair. The scent is great, the packaging is great... I dont know what are the bad sides. I thought maybe the price but the fact that you need really small amount unlike cheap masques makes it so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by KandyKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could choose a life partner for my hair I would wed her to this treatment. Oh how i love it! My hair is like a poor little refugee trying to flee the war zone that has been endless bleaching and hot irons and curlers and silicones and she's at her end people! And here this treatment comes along like some wealthy aristocrat ready to whisk her away to a world of shine, bounce and less breakage and whispers of natural volume and beauty! It has all these things and more! Now that I have found it me and my hair couldn't live without it. Hoorah!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Oh, how I love this. Kerastase has been around for so long - my Mum was a hairdresser in the 1970's and she remembers this being a very elite line of products and nothing has changed since then.

I currently have very damaged hair. In the last four years I have been switching my hair from platinum blonde to brown; receiving a full-head of foils every month for a year consecutively and straightening once every three days. As a result my hair has thinned dramatically and I have had to cut it very short. My hair is at its worst and my hairdresser says that if I put bleach on my hair one more time, it will all snap off, 100%. Now my hair is back to brown (my natural colour) and I'm getting regular cuts and growing it out again.

This is where Kerastase masquintense comes into play. I've been researching the best products to use on my hair, and this one came up. I can tell you after only two uses of this stuff that it is helping my hair unlike anything else ever has. What I do is I wash my hair with my regular shampoo and then put the masquintense ALL over my hair. I use a fairly large amount and rub it into my scalp and all through the rough, brittle areas of my hair. I put on a disposable plastic shower cap and leave it in for a few hours. Some people say that conditioner works instantly and there's no need to wait, but I'm not sure if I agree with that. After the four hours I hop in the shower and wash it all out. There is no need to apply a regular conditioner after this because this acts as a conditioner as well as a mask. When it's washed out, I let my hair air-dry.

Oh my god! The first time I used this I couldn't believe the condition of my hair. It was so smooth, soft, silky and shiny. It feels as though nothing as little as a hair dryer has ever been in contact with my hair, let alone bleach, peroxide and over 270 degrees heat which I have been exposing it to! I remember going to bed and feeling my hair flopping around at the roots because it was so soft.

Best of all, my hair is NOT greasy or oily and it isn't heavy. My hair, after using this, is purely soft and smooth. I liken it to silk.

I only use this once a week because unfortunately this is very expensive. $70 AUD for a 200ml jar is extremely pricey, but I'm willing to pay that much due to how it leaves my hair feeling.

If you're thinking about buying this, do it. I promise you, your hair will be thanking you after you do it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by fazli

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of worse masques I tried.

Pros: Makes hair very soft

Cons: Makes the hair very electrisized looking. Not sure how to explain, but hair looks quite bad in sense that there is lots of hair going in weird shapes and directions. I must use another masque on top of this one or it looks terrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by natasyaputri

I use this masque for 3 weeks already along with Bain Architecte masque (thee green one for damaged hair) and Elixir Ultime masque (the gold one for ultimate shine), I use Masquintense as my daily conditioner and leave it for 5-10mins. And use it once a week for 15-20 mins. Just apply a little amount and rinse it with cold water.

Anyway, my hair was thick, long, fine, sensitized, little split ends, frizzy, and dull.

I think this is one of my HG hair treatment. In just 1 application, it leaves my hair soft, silky smooth, untangled, light-weighted, straight, and I kinda love the soft baby powdery scent! And my hair is getting softer now.

I use this whenever I feel my hair's drying. However, if my hair got damaged cause iron flatting, I definitely goes to Bain Architecte for healthy hair.

I definitely recommend this masque to everyone with normal-dry hair and want their hair silky smooth and light-weighted! Will buy again after runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by starling21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This hair masque is awesome! This and the Kerastase Oleo-Relax masque are my favorite hair masques. I love the scent of this. I shampoo my hair, towel dry it, leave this product on for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse it out. It makes my hair super soft and really helps with damage. The Oleo-Relax masque helps better with frizz, but this one doesn't weigh my hair down quite as much. I use the Masquintense for thick hair even though I have fine hair, and it works great. I highly recommend this masque.