October 25, 2014 | 1472 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Masquintense Thick Hair

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by chough1992

I've only used this once. BUT I think the Neutrogena triple moisture masque works just as well after one use... I'd say this is slightly better than drugstore stuff, but not worth $60. I'd only repurchase if I had tons of money to blow on random hair stuff, but I don't. Also people say the smell is amazing? I mean it's not bad by any means, but it smells like old lady rose perfume to me. I've also heard this line is all silicone based (granted I haven't done the research myself,) but I feel like if this is true I can see exactly what they mean. My hair LOOKS healthy but it doesn't seem any healthier beneath the surface. I'd say try it once--it is a miracle product to some, plus we all deserve a little splurge once in a while--but don't put all your eggs in one basket in hopes that this will cure your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by RedLipstickPout

I cannot recommend this product enough for dry, thick, frizz prone, damaged hair.
I use this as a conditioner, and my hair is in amazing manageable condition. It is pricey yes, I get mine from a salon near me, I pay 25.50 for it, it lasts me 4 weeks.
After the first application the difference to my hair is amazing. I have very thick wavy hair that is frizzy and unmanageable, it is highlighted every 4 weeks and I straighten my hair every day. When I use this product on my wet hair after shampooing, I can comb it through so easily when wet, and when I have rinsed it off it still feels soft and easy to comb through. My hair drys quicker and when it is dry, oh my god it is so soft and shiny. The condition of my hair improves each time I use it. I use the Kerastase Nutritive Shampoo as well. This product is amazing, without it my hair becomes dry, frizzy, dull, it breaks and I get split ends, I cannot live without this product! All Kerastase products are fantasic, but this product is my favourite.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I found this one after looking at reviews on this site. I ran out at lunch and bought it for $60. Tried it that night. My hair definitely felt softer. But...it didn't look very good. Thinking I was just not getting it, I tried it two more times. Again, my hair felt soft, light, flowy - it had more volume...but it looked - frizzy. Messy. Unkept. Even with loads of serum I looked like I'd been electrocuted. Maybe because my hair is blonde coloured, not virgin hair (?). And the smell I found a bit face-scrunchy. Old school. Ho-hum. Not for me. I got much better results from Redken Butter Soft Heavy cream before they took it off the market. May go back to Redken All Soft Heavy cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hair only felt soft and nourished when wet once dried couldn't tell the difference from non salon treatments.. Expensive ? Yes.... Amazing? Hardly... Buy again? No!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a hairdresser,
since i work in the hair industry i change my colour quite a bit,my hair is currently in reasonable condition (coloured with bleach splices throughout top section) this mask will always be in my ever-growing hair care collection, this is moisture based so i can leave it in while i watch a movie or do some house work which is great because i don't have to worry about 'over-doing' it, the consistency is very thick (to the point where you can tip the pot upside down ,shake it and nothing comes out!)the tub will last me quite a while since i dont use alot and i only use it once a week to up-keep the moisture in my hair, i like the scent its a nice clean smell which i have noticed stays in my hair until i wash it next,leaves my hair touchably softer and healthier looking, if your hair is fine be careful as this can make your hair a bit greasy! -
8/10

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mihoz

I have fine hair, yet use the thick hair mask: This is THE best MOST moisturizing hair mask I've used. Even though i dont luv the smell, its acceptable.. Compared to other products I've used:
1) Redken Diamond oil - Masquintense thick feels much nicer & gives me a better shine and moisturizing feel
2) Loreal Prof. Absolut repair - this is the closest to masquintense yet doesnt give the best results like masquintense - i even split my hair into two sections and applied each on one side - masquintense gave a greater shine after blow dry.

Didnt use loreal mega moisture as it aint sold here - so cant comment on that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I live in Southern Georgia and we have pretty hard water here. I actually have fine hair, but this is so much more moisturizing than the fine hair version ( which I also have and works better when I'm in SC visitng my parents- we have soft water there). Every wednesday I put coconut oil in my hair and put it in a bun, then go swimming and do aqua zumba, later that evening I use Redken's Cleansing Cream and then put masquintense for thick hair on and put a shower cap over it. I leave it in for a few min while I shave my legs. EVERY wednesday I use this my hair feels AMAZING after! Whether I blow dry it with nectar thermique or let it air dry with nectar thermique, it feels like silk. I've even gotten compliments from my hair stylist on how much healthier my hair is since I've started using this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I always tried to avoid spending too much on my hair products but I spent fortune at hairdresser... I have A LOT of thick, long hair, which curl nicely and I never had problem with them until like... 4th or 5th bleaching. I was recommended Kerastase products by freelance fashion industry hair stylist and so I thought- she is not paid to sell me these so...
I got a shampoo, masquintense and two oils.

This masque is AMAZING. Seriously I always thought all the masques are the same- cheap or expensive... Oh boy, I was wrong.

It is thick masque, in contact with wet hair it kind of... glides on better to cover every strand. I leave it sometimes for one minute, sometimes for 20 minutes and I always get soft, easy to manage, shiny hair. The scent is great, the packaging is great... I dont know what are the bad sides. I thought maybe the price but the fact that you need really small amount unlike cheap masques makes it so worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by KandyKiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could choose a life partner for my hair I would wed her to this treatment. Oh how i love it! My hair is like a poor little refugee trying to flee the war zone that has been endless bleaching and hot irons and curlers and silicones and she's at her end people! And here this treatment comes along like some wealthy aristocrat ready to whisk her away to a world of shine, bounce and less breakage and whispers of natural volume and beauty! It has all these things and more! Now that I have found it me and my hair couldn't live without it. Hoorah!

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 7:25:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Oh, how I love this. Kerastase has been around for so long - my Mum was a hairdresser in the 1970's and she remembers this being a very elite line of products and nothing has changed since then.

I currently have very damaged hair. In the last four years I have been switching my hair from platinum blonde to brown; receiving a full-head of foils every month for a year consecutively and straightening once every three days. As a result my hair has thinned dramatically and I have had to cut it very short. My hair is at its worst and my hairdresser says that if I put bleach on my hair one more time, it will all snap off, 100%. Now my hair is back to brown (my natural colour) and I'm getting regular cuts and growing it out again.

This is where Kerastase masquintense comes into play. I've been researching the best products to use on my hair, and this one came up. I can tell you after only two uses of this stuff that it is helping my hair unlike anything else ever has. What I do is I wash my hair with my regular shampoo and then put the masquintense ALL over my hair. I use a fairly large amount and rub it into my scalp and all through the rough, brittle areas of my hair. I put on a disposable plastic shower cap and leave it in for a few hours. Some people say that conditioner works instantly and there's no need to wait, but I'm not sure if I agree with that. After the four hours I hop in the shower and wash it all out. There is no need to apply a regular conditioner after this because this acts as a conditioner as well as a mask. When it's washed out, I let my hair air-dry.

Oh my god! The first time I used this I couldn't believe the condition of my hair. It was so smooth, soft, silky and shiny. It feels as though nothing as little as a hair dryer has ever been in contact with my hair, let alone bleach, peroxide and over 270 degrees heat which I have been exposing it to! I remember going to bed and feeling my hair flopping around at the roots because it was so soft.

Best of all, my hair is NOT greasy or oily and it isn't heavy. My hair, after using this, is purely soft and smooth. I liken it to silk.

I only use this once a week because unfortunately this is very expensive. $70 AUD for a 200ml jar is extremely pricey, but I'm willing to pay that much due to how it leaves my hair feeling.

If you're thinking about buying this, do it. I promise you, your hair will be thanking you after you do it.