March 3, 2015 | 1256 users online

Hair Treatments - Kerastase - Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Masquintense Thick Hair

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2015 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this every few washes and am really pleased with it. Maybe it's crazy expensive elsewhere (<$50??) but in the UK I don't find it to be more expensive than the rest of the line that I use and unlike shampoo and regular conditioner this will last for ages.

I wasn't sure about how much I liked this until this past week where I curled my hair using the chopstick styler. A lot of heat + product + hairspray + sleeping on it = knotted fried hair by the end of the weekend. I washed it with Redken cleansing cream to get all of the product out, put this in, gently combed through the knots in the shower and then rinsed out. You would never know that I had been treating my hair badly as it looks fantastic and feels great. I'm switching to Redken for my shampoo and conditioner as it's a bit more economical but will keep this in my rotation as I think it's pretty good value and should last me about 8 months.

(for reference: thick, wavy, black, no colour treatment, medium long hair)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2015 10:15:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried most of the Nutritive line, and reading all these positive reviews the problem must be that they are not appropriate for my hair which is very dry, thick, coarse, wavy and colored (from grey).
In my experience the performance of this mask would be OK for a cheap, drugstore product, but not for a salon brand, which is often called the Chanel or the Rolls Royce of hair care. This mask is absolutely mediocre, together with the Bain Satin shampoo and the oil. Just for the reference I've had good results with Redken's Extreme, Joico's Moisture Recovery, Intense Hydrator and Revitaluxe, and the Matrix Biolage Hydrating Balm. For me these products show the difference between salon and drugstore hair care, but Kerastase does not.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2014 9:26:00 PM More reviews by JulietEmaranth

Urgh, horrible horrible product!! My hair is not too thick, but there is lots of it and it is damaged from bleaching and prone to frizz. I used this several different ways- on wet and on dry hair, leaving on for varying time frames and every time it made my hair at least triple the thickness, so knotty and incredibly boofy and frizzy- absolutely horrible! Even though it cost $50+, I threw it in the bin and would never ever use again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by chough1992

I've only used this once. BUT I think the Neutrogena triple moisture masque works just as well after one use... I'd say this is slightly better than drugstore stuff, but not worth $60. I'd only repurchase if I had tons of money to blow on random hair stuff, but I don't. Also people say the smell is amazing? I mean it's not bad by any means, but it smells like old lady rose perfume to me. I've also heard this line is all silicone based (granted I haven't done the research myself,) but I feel like if this is true I can see exactly what they mean. My hair LOOKS healthy but it doesn't seem any healthier beneath the surface. I'd say try it once--it is a miracle product to some, plus we all deserve a little splurge once in a while--but don't put all your eggs in one basket in hopes that this will cure your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by RedLipstickPout

I cannot recommend this product enough for dry, thick, frizz prone, damaged hair.
I use this as a conditioner, and my hair is in amazing manageable condition. It is pricey yes, I get mine from a salon near me, I pay 25.50 for it, it lasts me 4 weeks.
After the first application the difference to my hair is amazing. I have very thick wavy hair that is frizzy and unmanageable, it is highlighted every 4 weeks and I straighten my hair every day. When I use this product on my wet hair after shampooing, I can comb it through so easily when wet, and when I have rinsed it off it still feels soft and easy to comb through. My hair drys quicker and when it is dry, oh my god it is so soft and shiny. The condition of my hair improves each time I use it. I use the Kerastase Nutritive Shampoo as well. This product is amazing, without it my hair becomes dry, frizzy, dull, it breaks and I get split ends, I cannot live without this product! All Kerastase products are fantasic, but this product is my favourite.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by urs123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I found this one after looking at reviews on this site. I ran out at lunch and bought it for $60. Tried it that night. My hair definitely felt softer. But...it didn't look very good. Thinking I was just not getting it, I tried it two more times. Again, my hair felt soft, light, flowy - it had more volume...but it looked - frizzy. Messy. Unkept. Even with loads of serum I looked like I'd been electrocuted. Maybe because my hair is blonde coloured, not virgin hair (?). And the smell I found a bit face-scrunchy. Old school. Ho-hum. Not for me. I got much better results from Redken Butter Soft Heavy cream before they took it off the market. May go back to Redken All Soft Heavy cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hair only felt soft and nourished when wet once dried couldn't tell the difference from non salon treatments.. Expensive ? Yes.... Amazing? Hardly... Buy again? No!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by grinchy73

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a hairdresser,
since i work in the hair industry i change my colour quite a bit,my hair is currently in reasonable condition (coloured with bleach splices throughout top section) this mask will always be in my ever-growing hair care collection, this is moisture based so i can leave it in while i watch a movie or do some house work which is great because i don't have to worry about 'over-doing' it, the consistency is very thick (to the point where you can tip the pot upside down ,shake it and nothing comes out!)the tub will last me quite a while since i dont use alot and i only use it once a week to up-keep the moisture in my hair, i like the scent its a nice clean smell which i have noticed stays in my hair until i wash it next,leaves my hair touchably softer and healthier looking, if your hair is fine be careful as this can make your hair a bit greasy! -
8/10

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by mihoz

I have fine hair, yet use the thick hair mask: This is THE best MOST moisturizing hair mask I've used. Even though i dont luv the smell, its acceptable.. Compared to other products I've used:
1) Redken Diamond oil - Masquintense thick feels much nicer & gives me a better shine and moisturizing feel
2) Loreal Prof. Absolut repair - this is the closest to masquintense yet doesnt give the best results like masquintense - i even split my hair into two sections and applied each on one side - masquintense gave a greater shine after blow dry.

Didnt use loreal mega moisture as it aint sold here - so cant comment on that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

I live in Southern Georgia and we have pretty hard water here. I actually have fine hair, but this is so much more moisturizing than the fine hair version ( which I also have and works better when I'm in SC visitng my parents- we have soft water there). Every wednesday I put coconut oil in my hair and put it in a bun, then go swimming and do aqua zumba, later that evening I use Redken's Cleansing Cream and then put masquintense for thick hair on and put a shower cap over it. I leave it in for a few min while I shave my legs. EVERY wednesday I use this my hair feels AMAZING after! Whether I blow dry it with nectar thermique or let it air dry with nectar thermique, it feels like silk. I've even gotten compliments from my hair stylist on how much healthier my hair is since I've started using this!