Kerastase Kerastase Nutritive Irisome Masquintense Thick Hair

4.3

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Cetyl Esters, Isopropyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Trideceth-6, Glyceryl Linoleate, Helianthus annuus/Sunflower Seed Oil, Glyceryl Oleate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Coumarin, Geraniol, Safflower Glucoside, Glyceryl Linolenate, Parfum/Fragrance

on 6/14/2015 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm gonna review the line as a whole as well because it's really a system. I used the dry, sensitized hair line (line two) and it's resally meant to be a smoothing line for dryer hair. Great because that's what I'm looking for. The shampoo isn't very lathery but does a good job if cleaning my scalp and making my hair feel smooth. Since my hair is so course I use the Masquintense for Thick hair every three days and when it drys it feels very healthy and smooth. The issue is that I'm looking for a miracle product and at 40-50 bucks a pop the smoothness on ,y hair last maybe a day. I need it to loo sexy until the next washing and I see frizzies pretty fast. I like the line and can tell it's quality so I just may tweak my products.

on 6/10/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

The best hairmask there is. No doubt! I have never coloured my hair but I've had problems with it being dry. My hair is long and thick and I've tried a lot of different moisturizing hair products. I always come back to this. It leaves my hair feeling so soft and it looks amazing. Joico and Redken can't even be compared to this. I don't have a problem with the smell. Yes it is a bit pricey but definetley worth it in the end. A little goes a long way! I use in twice a month and that's enough for my hair. My one and only HG hair product.

on 6/10/2015 2:45:00 PM

Really expensive but you can use a very small amount. My hair stylist used this and she told me to use it once a week for my dry, colored hair. I like to rotate this with a cheaper deep conditioner.

on 4/25/2015 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I have very dry hair that is part relaxed, part natural, part temperamental and has been breaking a lot recently and have been looking for a moisturising deep conditioner and have to say, this was worth the money! I decided to give up on cheap hair products as I wasn't getting any results and my hair seemed to be getting worse, but this turned things around completely. It's very thick, and very moisturising- my bathtub actually became slippery after I rinsed it out. Very expensive for a small tub but a little goes a very long way! Overall quite pleased and would definitely repurchase when I run out!

on 4/17/2015 2:38:00 PM

I use it about once a week/once every 2 weeks but leave it in for an hour or two on my ends. I have pretty normal hair that's on the fine side, and this doesn't make it greasy at all! It feel amazing after I rinse it out and I see such a difference in my hair. It's been lasting me a REALLY long time (over a year now) and still 1/3 of the tub left. Definitely would recommend it alongside the other products in this line!!

on 2/19/2015 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I use this every few washes and am really pleased with it. Maybe it's crazy expensive elsewhere (<$50??) but in the UK I don't find it to be more expensive than the rest of the line that I use and unlike shampoo and regular conditioner this will last for ages.

I wasn't sure about how much I liked this until this past week where I curled my hair using the chopstick styler. A lot of heat + product + hairspray + sleeping on it = knotted fried hair by the end of the weekend. I washed it with Redken cleansing cream to get all of the product out, put this in, gently combed through the knots in the shower and then rinsed out. You would never know that I had been treating my hair badly as it looks fantastic and feels great. I'm switching to Redken for my shampoo and conditioner as it's a bit more economical but will keep this in my rotation as I think it's pretty good value and should last me about 8 months.

(for reference: thick, wavy, black, no colour treatment, medium long hair)

on 1/6/2015 10:15:00 AM

I've tried most of the Nutritive line, and reading all these positive reviews the problem must be that they are not appropriate for my hair which is very dry, thick, coarse, wavy and colored (from grey).
In my experience the performance of this mask would be OK for a cheap, drugstore product, but not for a salon brand, which is often called the Chanel or the Rolls Royce of hair care. This mask is absolutely mediocre, together with the Bain Satin shampoo and the oil. Just for the reference I've had good results with Redken's Extreme, Joico's Moisture Recovery, Intense Hydrator and Revitaluxe, and the Matrix Biolage Hydrating Balm. For me these products show the difference between salon and drugstore hair care, but Kerastase does not.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Urgh, horrible horrible product!! My hair is not too thick, but there is lots of it and it is damaged from bleaching and prone to frizz. I used this several different ways- on wet and on dry hair, leaving on for varying time frames and every time it made my hair at least triple the thickness, so knotty and incredibly boofy and frizzy- absolutely horrible! Even though it cost $50+, I threw it in the bin and would never ever use again!!!

on 10/1/2014 3:06:00 PM

I've only used this once. BUT I think the Neutrogena triple moisture masque works just as well after one use... I'd say this is slightly better than drugstore stuff, but not worth $60. I'd only repurchase if I had tons of money to blow on random hair stuff, but I don't. Also people say the smell is amazing? I mean it's not bad by any means, but it smells like old lady rose perfume to me. I've also heard this line is all silicone based (granted I haven't done the research myself,) but I feel like if this is true I can see exactly what they mean. My hair LOOKS healthy but it doesn't seem any healthier beneath the surface. I'd say try it once--it is a miracle product to some, plus we all deserve a little splurge once in a while--but don't put all your eggs in one basket in hopes that this will cure your hair.

I cannot recommend this product enough for dry, thick, frizz prone, damaged hair.
I use this as a conditioner, and my hair is in amazing manageable condition. It is pricey yes, I get mine from a salon near me, I pay 25.50 for it, it lasts me 4 weeks.
After the first application the difference to my hair is amazing. I have very thick wavy hair that is frizzy and unmanageable, it is highlighted every 4 weeks and I straighten my hair every day. When I use this product on my wet hair after shampooing, I can comb it through so easily when wet, and when I have rinsed it off it still feels soft and easy to comb through. My hair drys quicker and when it is dry, oh my god it is so soft and shiny. The condition of my hair improves each time I use it. I use the Kerastase Nutritive Shampoo as well. This product is amazing, without it my hair becomes dry, frizzy, dull, it breaks and I get split ends, I cannot live without this product! All Kerastase products are fantasic, but this product is my favourite.

Top Rated Kerastase Products