November 24, 2014 | 1830 users online

Hair - Dove - Volumizing Color Care Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 9:10:00 AM More reviews by Englishvik

I have tried every color care product out there and I find this the best! I got the shampoo AND the conditioner both on sale at Shoppers for $1.99 and hoenstly they work amazingly, my hair is so soft and from what I can tell there is absolutely no fading of my colour so far (and I used a box colour so my hopes weren't too high in the first place!)
Also my hair is shinier than it's ever been! Definitely give this a try it's really lovely :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by graceface07

I have to say that after hating their dry shampoo, I'm not sure why I am so surprised to not like this product. It's actually kind of funny bc it took me a while to figure out that this shampoo sucked. I had gotten a tattoo on my hand and put a&d on it. I thought maybe one night in my sleep I had gotten the ointment in my hair. Because it is tricky to get that stuff out of your hair but usually takes about three washes. Well, a month later it was still taking me forever to get my hair blown dry. Not only that, no matter what, It still never felt dry, and felt slightly tacky. It felt like a film on my hair an amy bangs were always oily mid day. I thought maybe I needed a new blow dryer or something but one thing was for sure there was NO way this a&d ointment is still in my hair a month later. I thought I needed a new blow dryer. Well, I got a sample of morroccan oil extra volume shampoo just to see if a new shampoo made a difference. IT TOTALLY DID. I couldn't believe how quickly my hair dried too. I vaguely remember now several years ago thinking the same thing: Dove hair products leave a film on your hair! funny being that their body products claim not to leave a film on your skin. You think they would keep that in mind for our hair, especially for a volumizing shampoo. shame, dove. shame.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Smeeganses

I cannot stress enough how much I HATE Dove shampoo. It makes my hair too soft (very hard to hold a style) and it TOTALLY leeches all the colour out of my hair. I'd much rather spend the money to buy Redken or something.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by heymon

I bought this as well as the conditioner on close-out for a total of $3.19 - and it's the best stuff I have ever used!! This is coming from someone that has tried every salon brand out there. Makes my fine/medium color treated hair SO soft. My hair is very silky but isn't weighed down at all. I can honestly say that this is the first time a volumizing shampoo/cond didn't just completely dry my hair out. Definitely recommended.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2006 9:48:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For dirt cheapo drugstore shampoo, this stuff is ok

I would like more lather but I understand that color shampoo does not normally lather as much...

Okay well it dried my scalp out and my hair went limp...no go for me

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2006 2:58:00 PM More reviews by asa805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For a cheap drugstore shampoo this stuff isnt too bad. I have a ton of fine hair. usually i blow my hair out with a big round brush and it looks great for like an hour ... then it just falls flat and looks terrible by the end of the day. Ive used this product for a while because i on a budget and i just never wanted to venture into the salon shampoo/conditioners because i usually use so much in each washing that i just coudlnt afford it. So this was great for a while. It had color protection and volumizer in one. But then i used a sample of Pureology volumizing shampoo/condition (all pureology is made for color treated hair) and i realized that the Dove really wasnt that wonderful. Now im a bit dissaointed. Im probably going to have to splurge on the pureology (38 bucks for a liter!) because my hair never looked so wonderful. This product however is great for drugstore... and in a pinch or on a regular bummy day its fine.

EDIT REalized this contains many harsh detergent ingrediants (the ammonium sulfates - blech). I dont understand at all why they would put those ingrediants into a color care shampoo of all things. Now i know why my hair coloring got so dull and brassy so fast. Hmmm... i switched to suave color care as my casual day shampoo (alternating with purology volume). The suave one has no harsh ingrediants in it. Also just used this shampoo after not using it for a while (trying to use up the bottle) and my hair is sooo dry and flyaway. Im just goign to throw the rest in the trash. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by jenafur3223

I like that this shampoo is both color protective and voluminizing which you don't usually find. But it's a nice gentle shampoo that doesn't seem to weigh my hair down. I have fine but heavy hair so I don't see it providing me with any extra volume but I still use it. They just redid the packaging and I was a little leary since they changed the formula and packaging but it is still effective and I like the new shape of the bottle better than the previous one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 7:46:00 PM More reviews by phone_wench

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally, a drugstore shampoo that protects color and volumizes hair. I love this product! It actually does protect my color (something I thought only salon products could do), and makes my hair look thicker. I also love the scent - so fresh!! Using this with the Volumizing Color Conditioner makes bad hair days almost obsolete. Thank you Dove!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2005 7:22:00 PM More reviews by RosyCheeks74

I love this shampoo!! The scent is so yummy. The first time I used it my husband said that I smelled good. My hair comes out shiny and full of volume. I have fine hair and I color it every 6-8 weeks. This shampoo really works great for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2005 10:59:00 AM More reviews by cwheatle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo for fine, color treated hair. I keep coming back to it as one of my HG shampoos in my rotation. I love how much it lathers. I feel as if all of the styling products I use are washed away. My color stays fresh when I use it, too. You really can't beat the price, either. Great product!