September 17, 2014 | 2014 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Rich Brown Eye Shadow

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by kburditt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

For me this is the perfect brown shadow for lining my eyes. As other reviewers have stated it's a slightly warm brown, but there's no obvious red tone to it. This is key because colors like that can irritiate my eyes.

It's a definite brown color - it's not a dark black brown shade like Espresso or Caviar.

I use BB's Eye Lining brush slightly dampened and when used together I get perfectly lined eyes. I only use it for lining.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by katherinepierce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging is beautiful and the eyeshadow looks quite impressive in the pan, but that's it. I tried everything to make this product work on me but failed miserably every single time. My original intent was to use it as a outer v eyeshadow, but this is absolutely impossible to blend. I've never seen anything more atrocious than this eyeshadow when used as, you know, an eyeshadow. I'm usually not as vocal and dramatic with products I dislike, but then I remember the price and I literally feel like crying.
Alright, it didn't work as expected. I proceeded to use it as an eyeliner. I tried lining my lower lash line. It didn't look good. Brows? Not my shade. I give in. I will stop trying, because this eyeshadow is a lost cause.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I am definitely on the fence about this shadow. The shade is gorgeous (as indicated, it's a sophisticated warm dark brown), the packaging is of high quality, the matte texture is perfect for everyday wear, and the color pairs wonderfully with BB's Toast, for example. My compliments stop with the formula, however. I can see using this as an eyeliner, but as a crease shade I found it horrible (and I mean *horrible*) to blend...lots of tugging...but then again, that might be due to the fact that I layered it over Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which tends to make any shadow a bit less easy to blend. I am pretty disappointed, as the color and matte finish are just what I was looking for - but I will try again without a primer and report back if I see a significant difference.
ETA: I tried this without a primer, and did notice that it blends much more easily (it's still not the best for blending, however). However, for someone with oily eyelids like myself, wearing this without a primer is simply not an option. It's really a shame, since the color is absolutely beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by smilesmile7890

I bought this b/c it has great reviews as a shadow liner. But I can't see anything good about it other than the color, but this color is quite common (mac's brown down and estee lauder's chocolate are a few). It's a deep brown with reddish undertones, the color I love. Sadly, two hours after I lined my eyelids, it left my eyelid and went underneath my eyes. There's nothing I hate more than smudges that make me look exhausted. Punchline: it's EXPENSIVE! I know I get a lot of product but... it's more wasted product and money when it doesn't work for me. :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by anna5858

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this shadow as eyeliner. I take my little Sephora angled eyeliner brush, wet it, dip it in the shadow pot, and line my eyes. I get a nearly perfect, precise, thin line. I think because I wet it first, it comes out a lot darker and cooler on my skin. I can tell there is a lot of red in the shadow when it is dry, but it doesn't come out that way wet (good for me, because my skin pulls a lot of red). Has great staying power. I prefer to use shadow as a liner above all else. Gives such a precise line, and fills in my lash line, so I don't see any gaps.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by ifbbprobp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a beautiful dark, but warm shade of brown. I just recently got into BB & I must say...I'm hooked. I've got a MAC pro card & can't hardly pass up MAC items, but if I had unlimited funds, I think I might have to stray much more often than I have. I haven't tried an eyeshadow that I didn't love. Amazing texture, great pigmentation, & lasts almost as long as my beloved MAC shadows, but is even more blendable. Geez...yet another makeup addiction. My poor husband! :-O

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2010 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this shade. Warmer and softer than Espresso for the paler days. Cannot find this quality and depth of color in other lines, usu the browns are too pale too show up against my skin and they make me look dirty. This name is perfect for the shade, a rich warm brown. Little will last you a long time, would certainly repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by jenniferjanson

I don't like buying expensive department store make up but this is an exception. God bless Bobbi Brown for making the most luscious eye shadow around. I have tried every drugstore eye shadow and they're horrible, with streaky, choppy application, flaking, etc. Not so with this product. Smooth, rich application with good staying power.

I have brown eyes and medium/dark brown hair. I prefer Rich Brown to Espresso because it's a warmer tone, while Espresso is almost black. I use it just to line my upper lid with an angled brush and it makes my eyes look twice as big.

The pot lasts a long time, so it's worth the money. Just makes sure to turn it upside down on a tissue and tap out the loose powder when you're done. This isn't as loose as Chanel, which crumbles like crazy, but you don't want brown powder on your bathroom counter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Rich brown is a deep warm brown, much warmer than Espresso or Mink and even warmer than Chocolate. It's beautiful and "rich," just like the title says. I like it as a crease liner, but it can be used on the lids, too. The usual Bobbi Brown quality is present. Very nice product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Smooth texture and long-lasting. I use this to line my eyes using Japonesque brow brush. I get precise lines and the look is very natural yet enhanced the definition. Love it!