October 25, 2014 | 1801 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Heather Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

AMAZING. I'm a huge Bobbi fan anyway, but this eyeshadow is a masterpiece. If it is ever discontinued, I swear I will cry buckets. I love the mauvey, lilacy- brown colour of this product. You can use a light wash of this colour all over the lid for more formal occasions or even to work, with just a simple line of the Bobbi Brown gel liner ( or any other liner that you prefer). If you're going out with friends, shopping or at a party, you can build the colour up for more intensity or even use it with other colours. This is such a versatile shade, it will go with almost any other colour that you choose. It seems pricey, but to me it was worth it. Firstly, this isn't a shade that I've seen anywhere else so it's money spent on something that can't really be purchased from a cheaper brand. It's not your standard brown or grey eyeshadow colour that has drugstore dupes. Secondly, Bobbi's eye shadows last for ages and are so gentle on the eyes so it's money well spent overall. I wouldn't recommend this for very dark complexions as it might come out a bit ashy on them... In any case, it's best to try on the colour before you purchase it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

In photos it looks more purple, but really it's a mauve grey with just a touch of dusty purple. Imagine if MAC Haux or Quarry had a cousin. This really shocked me in person, because I relied on photos when ordering online. This works as a lighter smokey shade, and can enhance the natural tone of dark circles (if you have them badly). Make sure you use a good concealer and mix it with other shades. This can be very pretty with certain skin tones, just make sure you know the exact color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

I bought this shadow because I needed something neutral and very basic to wear everyday (or most days) to work. I used to love eyeshadows and playing up my eyes big time. I would wear smokey eyes during the day and even wear bright colors like teal and blue etc...

Now I prefer play up my lips if I play up anything at all which means I need to leave my eyes neutral. I normally just wear liner and mascara but I was feeling like I needed something more to soften that. I knew BB would have just the shadow. I was choosing between this and another one (who's name I can't remember oops). The other one was more muddy and dirty looking. This looked more taupe which is really what I wanted.

over all it looks pretty good on and does not appear overtly purple. (I did not want to look like I was wearing purple or lavender shadow). It does make my eyes look rather green which definitely proves that it is in the purple family of shadows. This a little bit of a downside but I still like it. As long as I use it with primer it stays on all day. I like that its something that you don't really notice but subtle enhanced the eyes and softens the look of black liner and mascara.

I wore this today with NARS Barrow street on my water line (sea-foam green) and it looked really cool. (I got this idea from the NARS duo Habenera which is a shimmering plum/grey with a cool seafoam color. an SA told me to line my bottom lids with the seafoam and cover my whole lid with the shimmery plum. It looks amazing together. )Its definitely a little more funky than my usual day time work look but I love it. it makes your eyes stand out so well.

So overall a great shadow. I probably won't repurchase as I tend to get sick of all of my BB shadows after a year or so because they last forever and i want something different!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Gaia79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This shade makes my eyelids look bruised, bloodshot and tired (a side effect mentioned by several other reviewers), which worsens my dark circles. Also, the shade is an indefinite, dirty and muddy brown with only the vaguest hint of purple. Definitely unflattering. I will not repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Queenkt

This is possibly my favorite eyeshadow color. The picture on here makes it look brown, but it's actually a mauve-y purple shade on my skin. I have cool-toned skin and this really adds nice depth to my eyes without being too dark or heavy looking. I could see how it would look like a bruise on some skin tones like others have said, so it's probably a color you'd want to swatch in person to make sure. The texture is like all of Bobbi's shadows - soft, creamy, and totally blendable unlike many other matte shadows. I can use this lightly as an every day color, or add extra for a smokey night look. Looks really nice with Bobbi Brown Granite Ink gel eyeliner! I would absolutely recommend this to any fair-skinned, cool-toned ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by dreamer0105

Ok, this is really hard to blend and does look somewhat odd alone. It's like a muted dusty brownish plum, and yes it can give you the bruised eye look. BUT, apply LM alloy cream shadow underneath this and wow! amazing!! the color shows up more as dusty plummy than brownish. It's amazing what little changes can make a huge difference. It gives me barely there depth effect. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 6:03:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was fortunate enough to win a full-size brand new Heather on eBay for only $7.00, and I'm a happy woman!

Straight out of the box, my first impression was that Heather was the same color as MAC Velour, which is great, because I've been looking for a dupe of the latter.

But, on my NW15 skin, Heather is noticeably darker than Velour, though it *is* similar in color.

Today I wore Velour on the lid, with Heather in the crease, and the result was an absolutely stunning slightly smoky taupe-y purple eye. I got several compliments on my green eyes today, too! I later discovered that MAC Yogurt makes the perfect matte highlight shade for this design, and makes it even better.

Heather comes in a large round screw-top clear-lidded compact, containing more product than most people would use in months. The shadow itself is smooth, well-pigmented, matte without chalkiness, and wears well over UD PP.

I'll gladly repurchase Heather, even at the rather steep retail price. This is quite a find!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a subtle liner during the day. The color is difficult to describe...it is sort of a muted plumy brown shade, definitely a cool tone. It looks good as a liner on my blue eyes, and I have not used it as an all-over shadow, so I cannot comment on the "bruised" look. This was my first BB shadow purchase. Texture seems okay; nothing really good or really bad to make note of. Maybe rate it a little better than average because it's a larger pan. I like it, and I'll continue to use it as a dry liner. It works for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

At first I thought I'd made a mistake in buying this colour, it seemed a bit "blah" and hard to apply. It's matte and for that reason perhaps a little difficult to blend, but now I've got the hang of it I really like it. I think the key is that it really enhances my green eyes. (The uploaded pic is nothing like the real colour btw!). I compared Heather with my Stila Puck and discovered that they are very similar. Puck has a tad more brown in it, and a shimmery finish, therefore easier to blend. Heather has more lilac/mauve in it and is completely matte, therefore a little harder to blend but more forgiving on my 35+ lids. I've worn Heather in the crease with Bone as a base and Espresso or Smoke as liner, and I've also worn it as a wash with Charcoal as liner. Heather works very well for me in the daylight, but not so well in artificial light as it loses its lilac tones and just looks a dull brown. It is one of my staple shades for an understated, professional daytime look and a nice alternative to brown. *** Me: light yellow-toned complexion, green eyes, chocolate brown hair.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

This one is soo hard to wear for me. This only works well when I apply to the lid- from the lashline and not too close to the crease. When I over apply, (up to the crease) its the worst look ever, my eyes look like they are bruised! Its a nice shade of purple when you first apply, after awhile I find that they turn darker losing their initial purple tinge to a more brown-grey colour- it is a neutral look I think for that reason I might repurchase otherwise I wouldn't bother its average..