April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Scrubs - Aveda - Smoothing Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

An Aveda salon near me was closing and these were on sale half price. I stocked up and I'm so glad I did. This is a great scrub - does a really good job of smoothing the skin on my legs, thighs and backs of my arms - and it smells great (typical of Aveda). I also like that it's packaged in a tube, making it very portable and also "shower friendly". When I use up my "stash", I'll have to bite the bullet and pay full price for this but it's a good enough product that I am willing to do this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2009 5:17:00 PM More reviews by hannahjean55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product. It is not super exfoliating but it makes my skin feel nicer and smell nicer. I like to use this one before shaving. It does smooth but it is a very gentle exfoliator. The product seems to last a really long time also.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2009 12:18:00 AM More reviews by rpinto323

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scrubs. Although I find it a little expensive for what it is, the tube will really last forever. I love the packaging, I hate scrubs in jars. I love to shave with this product. It's not the most exfoliating, but when I use it with my Clarisonic with the body attachment I feel like I get the best results. I have and will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

This is a decent body polish. I normally used this a few times a week and right before I shave my legs. I just can't help but feeling like I'm not exfoliating my body as thoroughly as I would like to. In other words, this is just a little too gentle for my body. When I'm exfoliating my face, the more gentle the better. The story is different when it comes to the rest of my body. I want to really feel like I'm scrubbing down. Therefore I've upped the ante and I use this daily. My skin is smooth afterwards, but I won't likely be repurchasing because there are so many fantastic products out there for body exfoliation. This is a polish, so using a more heavy duty scrub in conjunction with this is probably what's going to have to be done in order to get desired suppleness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this body polish. I have been a die-hard user of Clarin's body scrub, but I think I definately like this one better. I like the smell, and that it washes off fast and clean. Leaving behind no disernable smell. The grains are small, which I also like, when you apply this, it kinda looks like clay, but you can see where your scrubbing, unlike one of my old special favorites, origins salt scrub. Yes to a repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite scrubs ever. It is a very fine grain, not big ole painful chunks. Love the smell. Lasts forever making it not so very expensive. I like the tube - don't have to dig around with my hands in a jar. Overall, I love Aveda products and this one is at top of the list. Will buy again. I have never tried another scrub quite like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2008 1:40:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like Smoothing Body Polish - its not HG, but its close. Love the smell (sometimes I'm just not in the mood for a sweet sugary body scrub), the tube container is convenient (water always seems to get into scrubs in jars), love that its a cleanser and a scrub (saves time) and it makes my skin feel baby soft. I really prefer it over salt scrubs which I find are too scratchy). A tiny bit of body polish gently smoothed over the bikini area after waxing/sugaring really helps prevent ingrowns (tip I got from an esthetician) - just be really gentle!
I took one lippie off because of the price. Its not HG because I keep thinking I'll find something better but until I do I will keep shelling out for this!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is a good body scrub, but the smell was just okay. I am not overly impressed. I don't regret purchasing it, but there are too many GREAT scrubs on the market for me to buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 6:27:00 PM More reviews by rachcherrie

Nice natural scrub made from ground walnut shells. I use it in the shower with exfoliating hand mitts. Sometimes i use it on my hands & feet when i give myself a manicure or pedicure. Works well.

Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by hp11989

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall rating: I don't have raving words to say about this product, but it's an HG product for me, mostly because it smooths and cleanses in one step! It's my solid, dependable, "go-to scrub." Plus it smells great (i.e., generic "fresh"), and the smoothing grains aren't too large or too sharp or rough on my skin.
Price: The tube seems fairly expensive, but you do get a lot of product in it.
Packaging quality: It comes in a large flip-top squeezie tube. The last little blobs are hard to get out because it's pretty thick, but if you shake the tube downward and squeeze very hard, you can get almost all of it out.
Would I buy again? Yes, in a heartbeat when my current tube is finished. continued >>