Burt's Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme

3.5

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Sweet almond oil, water, beeswax, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, kaolin, fragrance, grapefruit seed extract, stearic acid (vegetable fat), glucose, tocopherol, carrageenan extract, sodium borate, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural enzymes)

I have always been really digging the almond-y scent in body and hand creams and when I saw this from the Burt's Bee line I simply had to give it a try. I have been suffering from eczema on my hands during the dry Canadian winter and the texture of it looked so rich and creamy I thought it would solve my problem. After I tried it I decided I would not purchase again and here's why:

Pros:
- this smells amazing...like a thousand angels if you like the almond-y scent
- the packaging was small and compact and since it was an open jar you can scoop up every bit of product no problem
- natural-ish ingredients and all that good stuff
- a little bit goes a LONG WAY so it lasted a while

Cons:
- I mean I love a good rich and creamy moisturizer but come on...this stuff just creates a film of grease and sits on top of your hands instead of being absorbed into your skin. My hands felt so greasy
- I wouldn't have minded the greasiness if it had actually worked, but it didn't nothing for my eczema
- for CAD$20 (it is probably more now I'm not sure) this stuff is pricy!

All in all really disappointed...really wanted it to work :(

This product is really rich and smells really good. But it can be sticky. Which is why I put it on before going to bed. It helps with cuticles.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought it because the ingredients list look so good. But I won't repurchase it again. The texture is very thick, I found it is hard to spread evenly. Even after I put it on my hand, it doesn't absorb and leave a film on my skin. This is not good especially if I need to do house works. It leave stain on my plates , glass and phone screen. The smell is too string for my liking too. I think the price is steep for a drugstore product. Another thing that discouraged me is the jar packaging, I need to use spatula to scoop the cream out because if I use my finger to scoop it then it will just stick under my nail. Another work for me to get them out from my finger nail.

This is one of my top 5 hand creams - I love the smell, it smells like an almond paste and it makes my mouth water :). It is rather heavy cream, and need some time to sit - it's great if you want to moisturize your hands during the night or after doing dishes etc. Perfect for (my) sensitive and dry skin.

My boyfriend bought it because of the cow on the lid... Lol.

I have to say it smells great. The price in Paris is quite high.
The consistency is very thick, the cream actually melts easily and becomes sort of an oil. It doesnt sink in super fast, it is tacky and the jar packaging is not very hygienic.
It does nourish the hands, makes them really soft and smooth and not just while you have it on.

I reach for it at least twice a week before going to sleep to really nourish my hands. On the other days I use L'occitane 20% shea butter.
My boyfriend had notoriously dry and rough hands and now uses this cream and his hands are much softer and nicer in touch!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really loved how hydrating this cream was and the packaging is adorable. Burt's Bees products have great quality ingredients and this was is no exception!

Was about to bin a 3/4 full jar of this stuff because it actually seems to makes my hands drier. Logged on to MUA to warn others not to waste resources on this, and read lost of good reviews - so confused - am I the only one who's noticed this makes my hands worse not better? Not sure how that's possible as it is very thick (as others have mentioned) and feels as though it should be very moisturising. It does leave a waxy residue but if you rub it in thoroughly it's not to bad. I don't mind the smell although I can imagine it's not for everyone, but my issue is that a few hours after application when the cream has been thoroughly absorbed my hands feel worse than before I applied it - sometimes almost papery/wrinkly.

The only hand cream I use now. Healed my chapped hands up. Before this, I tried EVERYTHING but most hand creams just temporarily relieved the chapping. This is thick, creamy, has an ointment-like texture. In a way it's oily but the "oil" stays in place on your hands so your hands aren't slippy or anything. I HATE greasy product but find this perfect on my hands in the day - I rub it onto the backs of my hands and in between my fingers then rub excess between my palms. Love the cute vintage-y jar. For those whinging about a jar being unhygenic - you couldn't get the formula in a squeezy tube... Smells amazing (if you like almonds/marzipan). 100% natural too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is very thick and waxy but it works well. It smells strongly of almonds so if that bothers you keep away. I use this a lot for winter for my dry cuticles and hands.

It's 100% natural and is made of almond oil, beeswax, aloe, kaolin, grapefruit, milk, and soy. It's one of those hand creams where you only need a tiny amount.

I love the smell of almonds so this was perfect it is very very thick and a little greasy but I feel it's good in the long run for extreme moisture and it's also good for dry feet, knees and elbows