September 21, 2014 | 2115 users online

Other - The Color Workshop

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Xobueatyluvrxo

Well for Christmas I got a color workshop set that came with about five or six eyeshadow duos blush eye pencil lipstick and makeup applicators.it was supposed to be a natural look so nude colors.well when I was opening it it fell out my hands and dropped an eyeshadow broke.there goes one.i found that the packaging was really cheap and it broke easily. The blush wasn't very pigmented so I used it as eyeshadow.i haven't tried the lipstick but I would not recommend it
WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So, i got a gift set for Christmas last year. I always was interested in makeup a i little bit but at the Tim's i got this kit, i was realty into makeup. So i got this large kit that came with four pallets that contain 30-40 colors that were in small pans, 1 blush each, and four lip glosses. Next in the kit, there were about four shimmer powders, a couple of mini lion brushes, sponged applicators, a black and a shimmery purple liner, a blush brush, black and brown pencil liners and two lip liners. I've used all of them.

The shadows aren't that great. Some of them take a lot of packing on to get the color show up well. Some of them just need some water. I still use some of the neutrals everyday
They acrually show up well when they are paired with primer. There are some really nice colors and some just take some effort.

The liners aren't foot. The black liquid liner isn't that dark but i guess its good if you. Don't want it to look too harsh. The purple one isn't bad. It doesn't last very long but the color is nice. The pencil liners are terrible. They don't last me thirty minutes.

The shimmers are alright, but the colors are weird. They're pink and purple? I don't use them all. They're messy too.

Thevlip glosses are drying burglary very pigmented. I used a lip blame before i use the lip close because the pigments are nice. The blushes are ok. There is this one coral-ish blush that i really love. It goes nicelyvwith my yellowish skin tone and it stays on all day shockingly. Its the last step in my routine and it lasts me hours.

I'm trying to find good use for this gift and i have to admit some products shocked me on their alright quality compared to the terrible quality of their other productsn this is good for younger makeup newbies

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

When I first started out with makeup, this brand was my go to. I've had several palettes by them, and I'll review each of them seperately:

.The first palette I got for my thirteenth birthday. It had about ten individually potted eyeshadows, three blushes, four lipsticks, five eyeshadows, eyeliners, a lip liner and a mascara. The eyeshadows were okay for a sheer wash of color, the mascara didn't do much in the way of volume but didn't clump, the eyeliner and lip liner didn't last very long, the lip and cheek colors were a bit bright and old fashioned but okay for play makeup, overall a gem for a thirteen year old just starting out with makeup.

When I was fourteen I picked up another kit. This one had the eyeshadow, blush and lip colors in complementary colored palettes. The pigmentation was worse then the last palette, but once again suitable for a young girl. I got a lot of wear out of the neutral colors, and even wore then wet for a more natural look.

I then bought a kit with a shimmery bronzer, what was supposed to be a highlighter (but used them as eyeshadows) two blushes and a cream bronzer. The only downfall were the blushes that were a bit garish, but the bronzer and eyeshadows worked well.

Summing it all up, this is a great buy for beginners, people who want a very sheer wash of color on their eyes, and for teenagers. For an adult who is experienced with makeup I wouldn't reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by crystalnoir

I'm going to start off with naming the positive:
first off, the nail-polishes are AMAZING. I'm currently wearing this shimmery pink and it's so Barbie Doll chic. Totally in love. The cream eye-shadows are nice, too.

now everything else is complete and utter garbage, in my opinion--but because I am smitten with their nail-polishes, this brand definitely deserves a 4.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by ssslasher23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmm... I almost don't know what to say about this brand. A few months back I bought a huge TCW kit from Shoppers Drugmart on sale for about $25 CDN. It has about 80 eyeshadows (approx), 20 blushes/contours (approx), 30 lipglosses (approx), 2 lip liners, 4 lipgloss tubes, 4 lipsticks, 2 eyeliners, 1 mascara and a few brushes. So yes, a lot of stuff for the price I paid.
I found everything was pretty well pigmented which was a plus, but after a day or two of wearing the blush, I started breaking out. Nothing is worth that. Also, they are pretty hard to blend. Wherever you first put it, it pretty much stays there. Major con. The lipglosses in the pallatte were a bit drying and didn't stay put for long. The lipsticks and lipgloss tubes were alright, but I wans't crazy about any of the colours...they were all a little too flamboyant, nothing natural for everyday wear. The mascara was okay, nothing special and the eyeliners pretty much sucked.
Now I find I resort to this pallatte only for the huge variety of eyeshadows, but not often because I worry about what the crappy quality will do to my skin. I love having lots of eyeshadow colour options, but I'll probably go for ELF next time if I want something cheap. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My friend gave me her TCW eyeshadow pallette cos she didn't like it. I liked the look of the teal, matte black, and navy blue/black colours s i wanted to try it out. It's pretty awful, I mean it's very chalky and dry, you have to apply loads to get any measure of colour, and in ten minutes it's gone again. If you're looking for high quality but cheap eyeshadow then I'd recommend NYX. They have some good mac dupes and they're dirt cheap in comparison.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by rhyelee

HORRIBLE!
I bought a kit with 4 palettes of eyeshadow (each with 9 colors), 1 palette of blush (with 2 colors), 2 eyeliners, 4 nail polishes, and 2 lipsticks for 10 dollars, and I just bought it on a whim. Needless to say, I wish I'd saved it for a pot of MAC eyeshadow or something instead.

All the eyeshadows are horrible and do not blend at all - not to mention the color yield is about 1/6th (or less) the color on the palette.

The eyeliners look like they're made of plastic or something, and have an equally sub-par color yield.

The blush is OK, but really nothing compared to other drugstore brands.

The lipstick's color looks cheap, though it applies pretty smoothly.

I didn't try the nail polish, but I'm not too eager to try it out.

Do not buy this product, unless you're happy about flushing 10 bucks down the drain.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2009 2:10:00 AM More reviews by metacognition

These products are horrible. Really, I bought a full set including eyeshadow, liner, bronzer, and blush. The quality is so poor - the powders are not pigmented at all, and barely show up on your skin. With the exception of the bronzer, I couldn't use any of it. I actually thought I had bought a kid's set by mistake because the stuff is so bad! It is almost like a scam, that they can sell such low quality stuff and pretend its on par with your average drugstore brand. I personally think the brand NYC is much better, and it sells for around the same price!

I avoid buying anything from the Color Workshop at all costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by StefanyLethal

I love TCW!! I own so much of it. I recently bought a like 52 peice set of makeup for like 30 or 40 bucks. The color payoff is okay but some of the blushes and eyeshadows have no color payoff at all. Since ive bought so much from TCW i think i would repruchase some more stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kittenkisses

Bought this on clearance for 2 bucks. It's a compact for make-up brushes. 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow, 1 sponge applicator, 1 lip liner & 1 eye groomer brush. Comes in an attractive carrying case. These brushes are of fair quality- and are perfect for stashing in your purse, car or for travel. I'd buy this or something similiar again.